Status: This one is done. Check out the sequel-No One Belongs Here More Than You!

I Don't Want To Solve Your Problems, I Have My Own

Chapter Fifteen

Love. Love was that magical word that makes people have butterflies in their stomachs and giggle and blush. Love was the glue that held people together, and love was what was starting to form between Ashley and I. I held her all that night, and we fell asleep in each others’ arms. I woke up the next morning, and I was on top of the world when I saw her sleeping peacefully, curled up against my chest, the next morning. I brushed her hair out of her face and kissed the tip of her nose gently before getting in the shower. I made breakfast, and then went to wake her up, but she was already up, hugging one of my pillows, wearing one of my tee-shirts and smiling broadly at me.

“You’re still here,” she said quietly.

“It’s my apartment, you think I leave?” I chuckled. Her eyes flew open in alarm, but I simply climbed into the bed and tackled her, showering her face with kisses. Her hands rested comfortably on my chest and she shrieked with laughter.

“Evgeni stop!” she giggled, but I continued to kiss her face and neck lightly, while tickling her sides. I knew deep in my gut that I was in love with this wacky, somewhat unstable girl who I had just barely met. I guess it was fate that I hit her with my car, because I found myself wondering where my life had been before her. For once in my life, I had something other than hockey to look forward to, and I wanted to make sure she knew that.

“Ashley?” I asked, rolling over so that I was looking her in the eyes.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“What you said last night…did you mean it?” I asked.

“What? That I’m falling in love with you? Yes,” she said firmly. I grinned and kissed her.

“Good, because I think I am in love with you too,” I smiled. She hugged my tightly, and kissed my cheek.

“We’re going to have to take this one step at a time Evgeni, but at least we’ve got love to keep us trying,” she whispered. I kissed her gently, and she curled up into my chest once more. This was the start of something great.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end of "I Don't Want to Solve Your Problems, I Have My Own". If you enjoyed it, keep your eyes peeled for a sequel. I definitely want to continue this story, but for the sake of the challenge, as well as my own personal writing style, I felt that it was time to end this...chapter of the Ashley/Evgeni story. I promise more to come, but in the mean time, check out Diamond In The Rough!