‹ Prequel: This Sea Of Lonely

Oh How Time Flies

1/3

[[Gerard’s P.O.V]]

Sun drifting through the blinds of my bedroom awoke me from my slumber. Yawning and stretching my arms over my head, I slipped out of the pair of arms which were wrapped around my waist and stood up. I tugged on a t-shirt and a pair of loose fitting jeans before heading into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and doing all the other essentials. I then walked out into the hall, heading into the kitchen where I started to make breakfast for us all, which consisted of pancakes and orange juice.

These past few years have been some of the best in my life; Frank and I are still going strong, we’re more in love than ever, and I’ve got to watch Bandit grow up into the beautiful young woman she is today. She’s currently in her last year of high school, I still can’t believe it, my little baby is eighteen! It does make me feel old sometimes when I think about it, even though Frank assures me that I still look gorgeous, he’s such a sweet heart. I’m almost forty and he still finds me attractive; I guess that’s love for you.

“Good morning, Gee.” Frank voice filled the room. Turning around, I saw him walking into the kitchen, dressed in his usual jeans and dress shirt for work. I grinned as he shuffled over to me, placing a hand on my lower back and kissing my cheek.

“It’s always a good morning when I wake up with you in my arms.” I said, abandoning the stove to turn and face him, slinging my arms around his waist. He smiled up at me, leaning up to peck my lips sweetly. I returned the kiss, kissing him again and again as he giggled.

“Can you guys stop being gross for five minutes?” Glancing at the doorway, I watched Bandit waltz into the kitchen, sitting down at the table and digging into her pancakes. She hadn’t really changed much over the years; her raven hair was still set in curls, cascading past her shoulders and now almost reaching her lower back. Although, now there were a few dyed red streaks in her hair which were the doing of Frank, I wasn’t completely happy about it but I couldn’t deny that it looked nice.

Today she was wearing some vans trainers, a pair of baggy blue jeans and a black tank top. She’d gotten into this punk phase after a few months in high school, I think it had something to do with her best friend, now, boyfriend, Quinn. He was an alright kid I suppose, I hadn’t met him officially yet but that would come in a few days when he came to pick her up for prom.

She was a proper punk kid, rebellious at times and sometimes hard to handle but I still loved her with all my heart. But I couldn’t help but notice her tank top, it was pretty low cut and it showed some of her lower stomach.

“B, don’t you think that shirt is a bit … inappropriate for school?” I asked her, a sceptical look on my face. She groaned loudly and glanced at Frank for some help.

“Gerard, its summer and its really hot out; you can’t wrap her up in a sweater for the rest of her life.” Frank said, backing her up. I narrowed my eyes at her; don’t think I didn’t see that little smirk on her face. She’d always go to Frank when she thought I was being unreasonable, which I guess I could be sometimes, but I’m her father, what does she expect?

We all sat down to eat breakfast and once all the plates were clean, Frank and Bandit stood up to get ready to leave. She grabbed her school bag and gave me a quick hug before running out to Frank’s car, yes, he’d finally managed to save up to buy himself one, turning down all my offers to help him.

“I’ll see you after work, don’t miss me too much.” He said, throwing his arms around my neck and holding my close.

“See you later, Frankie. I love you.”

“Love you too, Gee.” I pressed my lips to his, moving our lips slowly together. My hands reached up into Frank’s hair as he kissed me back with so much passion I thought I might explode. We were broken apart by the sound of Bandit honking the car’s horn from outside. Giggling, Frank gave me one last quick kiss before running out the door to drop Bandit at school and then drive to work.

Sighing happily, I went into my art room, picking up where I left off yesterday by continuing to paint my latest canvas. My work was now selling a lot better than it used to, it made enough for me to live on so that I could quit my job at the comic book company. I’d also started work on my own comic book which I was pretty psyched about to be honest with you.

“Hey bro.” My paint brush fell from my hand as I jumped, glaring towards the doorway wear Mikey stood.

“Shit, Mikey, don’t you knock anymore?” I asked him, picking up my brush and wiping off my hands.

“Meh, I don’t feel the need to.” He said, a wide grin fixed on his face and a spring in his step as he collapsed onto my sofa. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“So, what’s got you all smiley then?” I questioned.

“Oh, nothing.” He trailed off.

“Out with it, Mikey.”

“Okay, okay. We only found out yesterday and we were gonna keep it quiet for a while but … Alicia’s pregnant!” He exclaimed happily.

“Oh my god, really?” He nodded. “Mikey, that’s great! Congratulations!” He stood up and I brought him into a brotherly hug.

“Thanks, Gerard, I’m so excited!”

Right now, life was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think of teenage Bandit?

And i added a bit of Mikey, just because :)

comments makes me smile so please let me know your thoughts on this!

xox