Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Hogsmead

“So have you figured anything out so far?” harry asked walking up to me as I left the common room.

I shook my head sighing, “Do you think Dumbledore will let me leave for a weekend and go to France to search for some clues?” I asked him.

Shrugging his shoulders he looked at me; “I don’t see why not, he is the one that started making you ponder these events after so long” he noted.

Nodding I smiled hugging him; “Thanks for everything Harry, I know your choice of fun hasn’t been helping me in the library” I noted.

He smiled back; “Don’t worry about it, I know if this was going on in my life I would want you to be there to help me” he assured me.

“So how’s Umbridge been?” I asked him as we neared the great hall for dinner.

“I try to keep my mouth shut every day, but what she claims is correct is aggravating” he murmured.

Chuckling I l shook my head; “You said it yourself, no Defense teacher lasts more than a year. Just one year and you’ll get rid of her”.

He replied with a nod before turning to me, “are you sitting with us for breakfast?” he inquired hopeful.

I grimaced, “Sorry Harry, I promised Seamus to sit with him tonight. He needed to talk to me about something”.

Nodding he walked off to Hermione and Ron, leaving me to walk towards Seamus and Dean by myself.

“So what’s gotten him all angry?” Seamus asked chuckling.

Grinning I smiled at him; “He’s just angry that I won’t sit with him” I murmured taking my seat between them.

“He’ll get over it, I hope. I’m getting annoyed with his death glares” Dean muttered.

Scoffing I looked at him; “Won’t Ron be doing that when people find out about you and
Ginny?” I asked amused.

Dean shook his head; “No one’s going to find out since her and I are technically no official” he reminded me.

I sent him a grin, “I won’t say anything, just don’t trust everyone else” I murmured as I served myself food.

“So how has Umbridge been for your class?” Seamus inquired as I chewed on a piece of meat.

“Bearable. I try to ignore her as much as I can” admitting I looked over at the staff table to see her watching us all; as if we were going to try something.

“How about spending the day with me in the library?” Harry asked walking up to me the next morning.

“I thought we were going to Hogsmead?” I asked smirking.

Harry stopped walking at my comment, “So you’ll go to Hogsmead?” he asked grinning.

I laughed, “Well I felt like I should get out of the castle for a bit” I admitted softly.

Grinning Harry took my hand in his but his grin faltered when I pulled my hand softly to my side, “Harry, please” I pleaded.

He nodded, not smiling but just walking quietly.

“So we’ll get a butterbeer then?” I asked him, I wanted to change the topic.

“We can also go to the joke shop along with the candy one” reminding me he chuckled softly as we walked down the path from Hogwarts.

“What’s that?” I asked him pointing to an old run down house in the distance.

“The shrieking shack, most haunted house in all of the magical community in England” he smirked.

“You wouldn’t mind coming along with me to look at it would you?” I murmured softly pulling on his hand.

I knew the real history of the shack, Hermione had told me about over mail after she found out the true history of it. It amused me how Harry was trying to use this as an excuse to show off his bravery.

“You’re not scared?” I asked him, I smile on my face as I kept on the charade.

He shook his head, “I’ve actually been in there before”.

“You have? How was it?” as I asked him I leaned into him.

“It wasn’t that bad, bit frightening but it was ok” he boasted.

Grinning I shook my head as he continued to show me around the shrieking shack.

“So where do you want to go now?” he asked me after we finished touring around the shack.

“How about the three broomsticks” I offered.

“I would have taken you for the girl to go to the tea shop” admitting he wrapped his arm around my waist.

“Isn’t that just for couples?” I questioned.

He nodded glumly as his smile disappeared causing me to frown at him