Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Promise's

“What’s wrong with you?” Hermione asked softly as I walked into the dorm.

“It’s Harry, I hate it when he gets upset with the fact that I refuse to be in a relationship with him again” as I complained to her I got under the covers of my bed.

“Then just be in a relationship with him again, I know you both want it as much as the other.

Just do it” she advised as she ordered her books on piles.

Sending her a look I shook my head; “I’m not getting hurt again” I warned her.

“You won’t, he learned his lesson the last time. I doubt he’ll take you for granted this time” she assured me as I sighed.

I nodded as I continued to stay in bed, “I’ll talk to him later. So what was going on outside?”

“Trelawney was getting dismissed, you should have seen Dumbledore. He was furious with her” I knew Hermione disliked her but I doubted she would want that happening to anyone.

Sighing I got out of bed, “I’ll see you later” I told her as I got out of the bedroom. I hadn’t finished finding out information about my parents like Dumbledore had asked me to do.

“Library?” Harry inquired as I ran into him outside of the common room.

“Don’t you have quidditch practice?” I asked him amused.

“But I would hate to be stuck in the library all alone, like you're about to be” he reasoned as I nodded,

“Just don’t let Hermione be on my case about stealing your attention from school work” warning him I smiled.

He nodded, “Don’t worry; I’ll even do my charms essay while watching you do your research”.

I scrunched my face up at him playfully, “that means I won’t be the center of your attention” I pouted chuckling.

He shook his head sending me a warning, “Don’t, I remind myself that you don’t want to be more than friends every time you smile at me” he murmured, pain flashing through his eyes.
I took his hand softly, “So if I told you I didn’t want to be friends anymore?” I asked, he knew I was teasing him.

“I would do as you asked, continuing to harass Hermione about you” admitting he chuckled as we entered the library.

Deciding to drop the subject for a bit so I could actually concentrate on finding out more information about my parents, I knew that they had been involved in the order of the phoenix, but other than that I just knew that they had worked in the ministry. It surprised me to realize how little I actually knew of my own parents.

After deciding I had spent enough time making Harry go through tormenting thoughts of what my words actually meant I took a seat on his lap causing him to softly laugh before attempting to push me off gently.

“Sophie, please” he pleaded.

I shook my head grinning, “What? You don’t want me anymore?”

Scoffing, Harry kissed my cheek as I slightly moved my face so that his lips were on mine, and I had to admit that I missed the feeling of having his arms wrapped around my waist as they were at the moment. He pulled away instantly after realizing what he was doing with me.

“We can’t do this. I’m sorry I kissed you” he muttered standing up, I stood up before falling as I stared at him.

“I’m not” I assured him with a smirk as I pulled him by his robes and smashed my lips against his.

He eventually placed his hands on my hips as he pushed me against the table. Eventually we both pulled away to be able to breathe.

“Do you still want to be with me?” I asked him, I wasn’t usually nervous about being with a guy, it was the fact that I didn’t want to be hurt again. Especially since I still felt the same about him as I had at the beginning of the summer.

“Are you sure? Sophie, please don’t be joking around with me” he pleaded worried.

I shook my head smiling, “Harry I want to be with you” assuring him I pecked her lips.

Grinning he pressed his lips against mine for a second time, “So you’ll be my girlfriend?” he inquired smiling.

“You have to ask me properly”

Sighing he agreed, “Sophie, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked.

“Promise not end things if another disaster happens?” I searched through his green eyes for any doubt he could have.

“I promise, I’m not stupid enough to ruin things with you again. Not a second time” something in his voice assured me that he wasn’t lying. That he was being truthful about his promise that only made me feel better about putting myself on the line of heartbreak and happiness.

“So yes, I’ll be your girlfriend Mr. Potter” I answered softly as I pressed my lips against his cheek.

“And I’m done with my work, do you want to head back to the common room or hang around the grounds?”

“How about we go to the common room; I know you get cold easily and neither of us have any layering’s” he reasoned pulling me along with him.

“So have you talked to snuffles lately?” I asked softly as we got to his room.

He shook his head; “ I wrote to him a bit ago but he hasn’t replied yet. “ he admitted playing with my hand. I looked up at him, I knew how much he worried about Sirius being cooped up at the headquarters.

“So did Dumbledore ever give you permission to go for the weekend to find out about your parents?” he asked. Nodding, I answered his question before kissing his cheek causing him to chuckle.

“Has Hermione come towards you with an offer? To have me teach something?”. I shook my head furrowing my eyebrows confused as he sat up while I stayed lying on my back on his bed.

“Hermione and Ron happen to think that it would be a smart idea for me to teach a group on Defense against the dark arts. I don’t know what good it would do though, half the people these days think I’m mental” continuing to ramble I laughed before pressing my lips against his. He didn’t say anything to tell me otherwise about pulling away causing me to grin. I
finally pulled away to his displeasure as I rested my head against his favorite pillow.

“So are you going to do it?” I inquired as he stood up and looked for something in his trunk.

“No” defiantly he shook his head taking his spot next to me again.

“I missed you” I murmured softly, a smile formed on his face at my words.

“Aren’t you tired?” he looked amused as I yawned.

“Yes, but I never see you to begin with” reasoning I laid my head on his chest.

“Take a nap, I’ll be here when you wake up” Harry assured me.

“Promise?” I asked kissing his cheek.

“I promise” he assured me as I got comfortable enough to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? Enjoy