Status: Active

Remember Me..?

Limbo

They say the happiest day of you life is your wedding day. It’s the day you walk down the aisle towards the love of your life to vow your eternal love for each other in front of a bunch of your friends and family.

The only thing I could currently think right now was that I was really thankful I wasn’t getting married anytime soon. Karen’s sister was currently running around our apartment screaming orders to her sister while I sat back grading papers trying to keep the smirk off my face. I hadn’t ever really considered how much work a wedding was, I had been to a few over the years but when you lack a large group of friends you weren’t often forced to go to such functions. I still couldn’t get over how her sister didn’t look happy though. She looked scared and angry, maybe the happiness would come later.

“Karen I swear to god if you don’t-“
“Don’t be swearing to god now, you are going to be married in a church you know. Do you want to be hit by a bolt of-“
“Really? You’re going to lecture me now? The girl living in sin has something to say about-“
“-keep talking to me like that you’ll be wheeling down the aisle.”

I bite my lip to hold back my giggles as there’s a loud knock on the door followed by more squabbling from the sisters. It was quite the sight really Karen was strutting around in her bridesmaid dress while her sister was wearing just a white silk robe with her hair and make-up done up.

“Derek you’re early, go sit over there with the other non-helpful person.”

I roll my eyes and give Derek a smile as he sits in Spencer’s usual seat on the couch looking extremely handsome in his suit.
“You’re looking sharp, first time I haven’t seen you in a skin tight shirt.” I comment glancing up between my written comments. Derek grins before looking over to Karen shaking his head.

“I owed her one, why aren’t you running around like a monkey?”
I shrug, “It only take me a few minutes to slip a dress on, I’m not in the wedding party no one cares what I look like.”
He seems to think about this for a moment before smiling once more.
“So is Reid coming later?”
I shake my head, I hadn’t invited Spencer, hell I hadn’t talked to him in over a week. Things had been great before he had left again, but we were officially in the place where we didn’t know where to go next.

“A night without Reid? Slowing things down Duncan?”
I shrug once more setting the papers down on the coffee table. “I didn’t think he’d really want to come, I didn’t even think you guys were back yet.” I didn’t really know what to think about why I didn’t call him to be honest. Before he left we had spent an abnormal amount of time together. But Spencer was Spencer and I could tell when he was uncomfortable, handholding and hugs were as far as I could take it. He seemed to be pulling back slightly, evaluating the relationship so I was allowing him to do that.

I didn’t have much experience with these things, I didn’t know how to handle it anymore easily then Spencer did I’m sure. He made me happy though the bubbling happiness that made you giddy and I didn’t want to scare him off with that.

“You should call him,” Derek offers quietly while watching Karen help her sister gather her things, “he loves weddings.”

I could call it would be so simple, I knew they all had suits it’s not like that would be problem and seeing Spencer dressed up always made me smile because it suited him so well. Then there was the part of me that felt like he should make the first move, he was the one who hadn’t returned my last call so technically the ball was in his court. Wasn’t it? It wasn’t completely irrational for me to want him to call? For me to want him to be the one that reached out? I wasn’t trying to play games, I just wanted assurance I look down at my cell phone for a moment holding it in my hand just willing it to ring. If it rang now, I’d invite him. I tell myself that a few times before shaking my head and putting it down ignoring the curious look Derek was giving me.

Yeah, there is no way I’m ready for marriage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little filler really, I had another idea for a Spencer story but I figured I should bang something out for this one first before tackling yet another project. Reviews