‹ Prequel: Taking My City II

I Own My City

Damyan, Niecy, & Arabella

<Niecy>

"Deno, what about this one? I don't think it'll hurt as bad." I asked, pointing at a picture of a tattoo.

We were at the tattoo parlor, and I wanted a tattoo that symbolized my love for Damyan. Him and I have been going strong..and with only one issue. Arabella. I'm sorry, but Im going to whoop that bi+ch ass! All she does is follow around Damyan all day! When will she get it that he's with me?! Ugh!

"Girl, that looks like it'll make yo soft ass cry." Deno said, laughing.

I playfully punched her in her shoulder. "Oh shutup!"

Deno was one of my best friends that I made out here in Cali. She's black, about my age, and she's a stud...meaning she likes girls. But I love her for her, because she ALWAYS keeps it 100. (Everyone go check out Myshe35's novels. Badass!)

I flipped the page, and there was a heart with wings, and a halo above it. I pointed at that. "That looks bomb as hell! I'm totally getting that!" I squealed.

Deno shrugged and pulled out her phone and started texting.

 

Today's Friday, and it's 9 in the morning. Everyone is in school, but my classes don't start until the afternoon. I want to be a nurse just like my mom, so my classes start at 12 and I get out at 5:30 or 6.

"Find anything you like? And my names Heather." A red head, woman who was tatted up head to toe, asked coming up to the counter.

"Yeah, I'd like this...but with a name in the middle." I said, pointing at the picture.

She nodded. "I can do that. Who's the lucky man?" She grinned.

"My boyfriend...his name is Damyan."I smiled.

"Okay...come on."

Deno followed us to the back and I sat down in the black leather chair. I looked around the room and there were pictures of tattoos that Heather has done. She's done tats for Wayne, The Ranger$, 50 Cent, and a bunch of others.

 

"Can you write down his name, so I can know how to spell it?" Heather asked, handing me a paper and a pen.

I wrote down Damyans name and handed it back to her. Boy, I can't wait to show Damyan ! It's all going to be a surprise!:)

"Where do you want it?" She asked.

I bit my lip. "Deno, where should I get it? I want it to be noticeable."

"Hmm, you should get it on your boob...that'd be hot." She grinned.

I laughed and then I thought about it...yeah! "Yeah, I'd like it here." I smiled, pointing to my right boob.

Heather laughed and shook her head. I raised my shirt and then Heather went to work.

<Damyan>

"Dont hate the player hate the game Vinny." I advised, with a smirk on my face.

"Man shutup with yo cheating ass !" Vinny snapped, throwing the PS3 controller on the floor.

"Ay man ! You better not break my controller!" I yelled after him, as he walked out the room.

I laughed and shook my head. He always be getting mad when I beat him in these games.

 

...and he helps me out sometimes when I try to avoid Arabella.

It's gotten to the point where I wanna cuss the girl out sometimes! But I don't...because I like her company, but I only like it when she's in her 'friend' mode and not trying win me back. My classes are going on right now, but Vinny and I decided to ditch and miss for today. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not a slacker or anything, in fact I get straight a's...I just need a break!

Niecy's classes don't start until the afternoon, and I would call her over but she'd literally bite my head off if she fond out I was ditching.

I turned off the console, and then walked out my room and into the kitchen. Vinny, and my other roomate Jake were watching TV in the family room.

"Come on Vinny, stop acting like a female and play some more COD with me." I laughed, grabbing a can of sprite out of the refrigerator.

I leaned against the counter, opening and my sprite and took a swig.

"No, fxck you man. You're such a hacker!" Vinny mumbled.

 

Jake and I busted up laughing. "Youre a sore loser, come on Damyan let's go." Jake said, hopping off the couch.

Jake was another best friend and he HATED Arabella, and she hated him. I don't know why but those two are constantly in beef.

Jake and I turned to go to my bedroom, when a knock on the door stopped us all.

"If it's Arabella...I'm not here." I whispered at Vinny.

Vinny nodded and then got up from the couch to go answer it.

Jake and I went into my room, and we started playing the game...until Arabella flounced into the room. What the fxck?!

"Hey Damyan! Wassup?" She greeted, plopping down next to me on my bed.

I scooted a little away from her. "Hey Ara..." I mumbled, concentrating on the game.

I looked over at the doorway and Vinny was standing there with a silent smirk on his face. 'Payback' he mouthed.

Ugh! I'm gonna kill him! He sold me out all because his whining ass couldn't beat me in a game?!

"Why aren't you in class Myan (Mee-in)?" Arabella aksed.

 

Myan was a nickname that Arabella gave me, so in return I called her Ara...I would call her Bella, but I don't wanna think about that Twilight shi+. lol.

"Cuz I needed a break. Why aren't you in class?" I asked.

"Damn it!" Jake hissed.

I laughed, because I had killed him.

"I told you he's a hacker!" Vinny spat.

"Same here...hey let me play." Arabella suggested.

Literally, all three of us guys stopped what we were doing and looked at her.

"Let you play? Sorry honey this game is for men." Jake laughed.

Arabella frowned. "Then why are you playing Jake?"

"You know what Arabella, why are you here?!" Jake hissed, turning around looking at her.

"Alright! Alright! Enough! Please! It's too early to be hearing you two arguing..." I scoffed, cutting in.

"Sorry Myan...anyway, what are you doing today? I was thinking we could go to the beach."

Before I could open my mouth, Jake butted in. "Arabella, why don't you ask Niecy if it's cool you go to the beach with Damyan."

 

Vinny busted up laughing, and I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing. Damn, he did not just call her out like that!

Arabella looked at me, and didn't say anything. It was silent until my phone rang. I was so into the game, I didn't even check the ID.

"Yo?" I answered.

"Damyan! I know damn well you didn't answer this phone! You're not in class are you?!" Niecy yelled.

Damn. "Awh damn well-"

She started laughing. "Nope, it's cool...so you're at your dorm right?" She asked.

"Yeah, where you at?"

"Downstairs boo! Buzz me up!"

Oh shi+! "Well babe-"

"Oh it's okay Damyan...somebody just opened the door, here I come!" She giggled.

<Niecy>

Once I hung up the phone, I made my way up to Damyan's dorm. Oh my god, I can't wait to show him! I turned down his hallway, and the excitement was overcoming my body, where I almost started to skip! But I controlled myself. I walked up to his door with the biggest grin on my face...and I was so excited I could hardly contain myself!

I reached to knock on the door, and when it opened...everything shattered.

I felt like...someone ripped my heart out of my chest, threw it on the floor, and consecutively started to stomp on it. I was so shocked and hurt at the same time...I couldn't even say anything.

 

There, standing with the biggest grin on her face...was Arabella.

"Oh hey Niecy! How are you girl? Well, I was just leaving...so I'll see you later, okay?!" She smiled.

I was too shocked and hurt to say anything, so I just stood there with my mouth open, unable to believe this! The nerve of that hoe !

She stepped past me and I watched her walk away, and disappear around the hallway. Okay, somebody please tell me I was hallucinating! How could he do this to me?! He has NEVER let Arabella come up to his dorm like this before!

I closed my mouth and tried my best to hold back the tears...but I was slowly losing the battle. He...he wouldn't cheat on me, would he?! No! And especially with her! I mean her...out of all people?!

I stepped into the dorm, and Jake & Vinny were on the couch, looking like they were about to bust into laughter in any second. Oh hell naw! They knew! Ugh!

I stomped over to Damyan's door, and barged into the room.

 

He was lying down on his bed, with his shirt off, and a PS3 controller in his hands.

"Hey babe...wassup?" He smiled.

My mouth dropped. Is he serious?! He's really going to try and play me right now?!

I placed my hands on my hips, and gave him a mean glare. Ooo I'm mad as hell!

"What Niecy? Damn girl, what's your problem?" He asked, with a frown.

Then I blew up.

"Are you kidding me Damyan?! What's my problem?! Oh hell naw nigg@h, what's yours?! I saw that tramp ass hoe leaving out of here, what the fxck was she doing here?!" I yelled.

His mouth dropped. "Wh-what? Babe it ain't even-"

"Oh shutup! Don't try to 'baby' me! Answer the fxcking question, before I go ask her! And Damyan...if you wanna see that girl alive again, I suggest your ass get to talking!" I hollered.

 

He hopped off the bed and grabbed me by my shoulders, not in a mean way like 'I'm going to beat your ass'...but to get my attention I guess.

"No! Get your hands off of me Damyan because they've been on that hoe! I can't believe you'd do this to me!" I snapped.

"Niecy, will you listen to me?! I am not and won't ever in my life cheat on you! Why don't you believe me?!" He yelled.

"Because she's always with you Damyan! Damn! I come up here to see you, and I see that bi+ch leaving! What was she doing in here huh?! What was she doing?!" I snapped, pushing him away from me.

Uh oh...here comes the tears.

"She just wanted to hangout! I don't know what she was doing here either, Niecy, but I promise you I have never cheated on you! I sware! She just popped up out of nowhere! You can even ask Vinny and Jake!!" He pleaded.

I shook my head. "Fxck you Damyan, I guess I have to go pay to get this tattoo removed now!" I spat, letting my shirt down a little, showing him the tat.

 

His eyes widened. "You got a tatto?! Awh babe, let me see!" He said, reaching out for me.

But I tore myself away from him, and stomped out of his room, slamming the door behind me. Fxcking bi+ch...!

"Niecy! Oh come on babe, just listen to me!" He called after me.

"No! Leave me alone Damyan!" I hollered.

His roommates were sitting on the couch, watching looking very amused. I can stand Damyan!

I opened the dorm room, and slammed it behind me...speed walking to get the hell out of this place! Ugh, I hate that bi+ch!

My dorm room was only 5 minutes away from here, and Deno has my car...might as well walk.

As I was walking, I kept getting whistles and calls from boys that would be driving by in their cars...if I wasn't so fxcking in love with Damyan, best to be believe Id be in one of their cars right now!

 

<2 Weeks Later> & <Damyan>

Ever since that day...Niecy has been avoiding me.

I've been blowing up her phone non stop everyday, and following her around campus, begging her to talk to me. Ugh...I'm just glad were not broken up, she's just punishing me that's all.

But somehow Arabella still doesn't get the term of 'I Dont Want You' . I've been blowing her off and acting bogus to her as hell, when she is with me...but she still won't leave me alone! All I know is...when Niecy isn't mad at me anymore...I will cuss that hoe out...I'm not losing my babe, love, my life because of her.

Anyway, it's Sunday night and there's about 30 minutes left until curfew. I threw on a beater and some basketball shorts, and set out for another attempt to make Niecy forgive me.

"Arabella's outside to see you." Jake said, when I walked past him.

I stopped walking and turned around to face him. "Tell me you're joking."

"I wish. I tried to make her go away but you know her...she's thirsty & determined to get you." He said, with a grin.

I sighed. "Im going to get a restraining order on her ass!"

He laughed and then walked back into his room, closing the door behind him.

I grabbed my keys, and sure enough when I opens the door...Arabella was standing there with a grin on her face.

"Hey Damyan! I was just wondering if-"

"What? Arabella I'm sorry but Im meeting up with Niecy cuz she's mad at me...you should know why." I said, darkly.

Bogus, but I really could care less right now, she's the reason of why Niecy is so pissed off of at me!

Her face showed shock and hurt, but she quickly hid it away. "Shes mad at you?"

"Yes Arabella. Now please move out of my way...I'll see you later." I huffed, before walking away, and leaving her standing there.

 

<Arabella>

When he walked away, my mind told me: 'See Arabella! He doesn't love you anymore, why do you keep bothering him?'

I ALMOST gave in to the little voice inside my head, but I couldn't...I wouldn't! He's just confused that's all! Damyan loves me...it's just that he's blinded because of that hoein ass girlfriend of his, ugh! I hate her! If it weren't for her, I'd still be with him!

I wiped away the tears that were about to fall, and started walking back to my dorm, which is ever so happily down the hall from Niecy's...so I might see him, when I get there. The thought of seeing him, excited me, so I brokeout into a sprint out of the guys's dorm, and over to mine. When I made it to the entrance I was a little sweaty and out of breath, but when I saw Damyan disappear up the stairs, I became determined.

I walked past the dorm officer, who was an old woman, & ignored what she was saying to me. I mean, what she gonna do? Whoop me?

 

I took the stairs, and skipped two by two, until I got to the third floor. When I opened the door, I peeked down the hall, and Damyan was just coming through. Yes! Right on time!

I stepped into the hallway, and looked down at the floor making it obvious that I didn't know he was even here.

As I gradually got closer to him, I took a peek at him and my heart was crushed...when he didn't even look my way! He was staring straight ahead, and his facial expression showed that he was oblivious to the fact, that I was standing here! Maybe...maybe he's gonna wait until we walk by eachother to say something.

Wrong.

When we met halfway, in the center of the hallway...he kept walking, didn't even look at me or anything. I was so shocked and hurt, I literally stopped walking, and with my mouth open in awe...watched him walk down the hallway. When he got to Niecy's door, he knocked on it, & then looked over at me for a split second, and then turned back to the door.

 

I turned around and stomped to my dorm room, busted in, and slammed the door behind me.

"Thats it! I can't take this anymore!" I yelled, out of frustration.

"Damn girl, what's wrong with you?" Alyssa, my roomate asked.

Alyssa was 23 years old and was a mixed BARBIE. She a bad bi+ch and be playing dudes on campus like a videogame. She's pretty much my best friend, but she HATES it when I talk about Damyan, because she thinks I'm too petty, to be still stuck on him. But she absolutely LOVES to help me spy on him with me, it excites her. Yes...I do spy on him, but I'll get into that later.

I sighed and plopped down next to her on the couch, grabbing a handful of goldfish out a plastic bowl, that was sitting on the coffee table, in front of us.

She rose her eyebrows. "Oh hell no Rabel! I know you ain't flying yo' ass in here like a helicopter, all because of that boy, are you?" She asked.

Rabel was my nickname that she had given me. (Ruh-bell)

"Id be lying if I said no."

 

She shook her head. "What happened now? I thought everything was 'mighty fine and on the grind', ever since you almost broke him and his girl up."

I rolled my eyes. "I thought so too! But he won't let her go! He's been dogging her ever since they got into the arguement! Just today he blew me off to go see her right now..." I explained.

She nodded as if she understood. "See...back when I was a Barbie and all I could think about was Ken, I was the hunter. But now that I'm a new and improved Bratz doll, I have become the hunted." She smiled.

I rose my eyebrows. "Come again?"

She sighed out of frustration. "Oh my god! Let me break it down for you Rabel...he doesn't want you anymore! It's time for you to move on and hop up off of his horse now,because you've been trying to ride it for...how long?"

I looked down at the ground ashamed. "Five years."

"Five years?! Oh no girlfriend, you gone have to drop that. So you telling me, that this boy has been going with this girl for five years?"

 

I sighed. "No, six. It'll be seven, next month."

"Damn! Oh no Rabel, you better leave him alone! A couple like that is a 'meant to be family'. Leave that boy alone! There are too many fine dues that are wayyyyyy finer than him, in this world, so will you stop being stuck on him like glue?"

"I know that Lyssa! But I love him!" I whined.

She gasped. "You did not just pop the L word on me, did you? Tell me you didn't!" She exclaimed.

"But it's true Lyssa! I DO love him!"

"When will you wake up out of this coma you're in?! He don't love you! And what did I say about using this word? You don't use it unless you're getting married or are married! Because it's a lie! Love begins with a L, and so does Lie! So it's a lie until there's a ring on your damn finger!" She preached.

Even though Alyssa was serious as shi+ right now...it took all my might, not to bust up laughing when she told me that! This girl is crazy, like...who thinks like this?!

 

I gave her a crazy look, not sure anymore of what to say..."Okay fine Alyssa...but do you wanna spy on him one more time with me? He's supposedly about to 'make everything up' for her, tonight."

"You know it girl! And this is the last time I'm doing something like this, cuz if we ever get caught, Ima be gone running on all twos, deuces!" She laughed, holding up two fingers.

"Youre crazy, but let's go." I smiled.

Luckily, Alyssa had a sister and she happened to have the dorm next to Niecy's dorm. Her sister's room was right next door to Niecy's, & all you had to do was put your ear up to the wall, and you could hear EVERYTHING that went on in that room. Alyssa's sister was a year younger than her, and her name is Arielle.

We walked out of our dorm, and over to her sister's dorm. Her sister somehow was blessed of not having a roomate, so she had the whole dorm room to herself. Her sister knew about my little obsession with Damyan, and unlike Alyssa, she wants me to be with him.

I knocked on the door and Arielle opened it, in less than a second. "I was expecting you guys." She smiled, walking away from the door, leaving it open.

"Yeah whatever sis, come on Rabel." Alyssa said, walking into Arielle's room.

I followed her in there, and she closed the door behind us. We fell back on the bed and put our ears to the wall...and listened.

 

<Niecy>

I was in my room, lying down on my bed listenting to my iPod with my eyes closed...when I felt a body on top of mine.

My eyes flew open from shock, but I was relieved when I saw it was Damyan. Before I could tell him to get off of me, he smashed his lips to mine, forcing his tongue into my mouth.

I tried to pull away but he held my arms down, & his lips begged mine to move along with his. I tried to fight it...but then he started kissing me with full lust, and I couldn't help but kiss him back. I missed him anyway !

I wrapped my legs around him, and he started to grind on me...I couldn't help it, but I moaned into his mouth.

That excited him, because he let go of my arms, and slid his hands down my back, pulling me closer to him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and then he flipped us over so he was on bottom. He pulled away, and then placed his hands on my waist, and both of us were out of breath...but I was too turnt on to stop.

"Damyan...come on." I whispered.

 

He smiled. "Oh so now you wanna talk to me? After ignoring me for pretty much 2 weeks!" He exclaimed.

"Yup! Now don't ruin the moment!" I said, leaning down to give him a kiss, but he turned his head.

"Damyan!" I whined.

He laughed. "No were gonna talk first Niecy. Do you know how miserable I have been for the last 2 weeks, without you? If I knew s3x was going to make you feel better, I wouldve tried a long time ago!"

I sighed. "Well do you know how long I've been waiting for you to drop Arabella? Six damn years Damyan! Why do you keep her around she's-"

"Im done with her. For the last 2 weeks I've been avoiding her, & I KINDA told her off today, right before I came here."

I grinned. "Seriously? Damyan, are you kidding?" I laughed.

He shook his head. "Nope. Now show me that tat! I've been dying to see that too! And your friend Deno was no help either, when I asked her what it looked like."

I laughed. "Thats because I told her, to tell you nothing."

 

He chuckled, and then reached up to my tanktop, and without warning pulled it down.

When he saw the tattoo, he lit up. "Awh shi+ Niecy! That's raw as hell! I love it babygirl !"

I leaned down to kiss him, & well...let's say it was a done deal from there on.

<Damyan> & 3 months later

Niecy and I are still going good, with no arguements. Were engaged now, and getting married next year, because she's 5 months pregnant with a baby girl. Oh shi+ can't wait for that!

But did you think everything was all lovey dovey once I apologized and made up with her, in her room?

Hell no.

After that, it was like Arabella went on a 'I'm Going To Get You Damyan' spree! Everywhere I turned, looked, or went....she was there ! I even found her ass hiding in my closet one time! After that incident, I was very close to getting a restraining order in her ass.

Anyway, there was this one day where I was chilling in my bedroom, and I was alone in my dorm.

 

I don't know how in the world she did it...but Arabelle popped up next to me in my bed.

"Ara, what the hell is wrong with you?!" I exclaimed, hopping away from her.

"I love you Damyan...why don't you love me?! I can be so much better to you, than her! She can't love you like I can!" She cried.

What Arabella didn't know....was that Niecy was on her way up the stairs to come see me, and she had the key to my dorm.

I sighed. "Arabella, I don't love you anymore...it's been 7 years! It's time to move on!" I snapped.

She threw herself on me, and I was in too much shock to push her off of me. "7 is just a number! Damyan I want-"

"Bi+ch! That's it!" Niecy yelled, running into the room.

Well...you already know what happened from there on...

After the ass whoopen Niecy gave her, Arabella just gives us mean glares when she sees us. I don't know why she getting mad, cuz she brought it on herself. Well who cares, my life is good now, and when my baby girl LaTrice gets here...it'll be more complete.

 
<2 Yearssz Later>

Niecy and I are happily married, and we live back in Chicago with our daughter LaTrice. I work at a car shop, and Niecy is becoming a nurse. Arabella doesn't bother us anymore, why? Because she goes with Collid...James's brother.

I personally think she's a homie hopper for that...cuz, how you go back and forth with both brothers, but whatever keeps her away from me, it's all good!

They're getting married, and she's pregnant with a baby boy, and there gonna name him, C'Jay.

Now...it's time to watch my kids, and everyone else's kids to grow up.