Status: New Story!

Glitter in the Air

Two

“Yeah!” all the guys were high fiving and laughing, we were all at the studio, we were supposed to be working on the new album, but we were all sitting, joking around on the couches right outside the recording booth. None of the guys’ girls came with us today, which I was grateful for, Gena and I had gotten into a fight last night and were sort of on a break. So I didn’t want to have to see any of the girls and have them question me on it. The guys knew better than to do that, and I was thankful for that. They knew that if it was important than I would tell them, or if I wanted to talk I would.

“Alright, alright guys, I think we should at least try to work a little-” Matt was interrupted by someone’s phone ringing, mine to be exact. I swiped it off the little end table glancing down at the screen, it wasn’t a number I recognized, I didn’t even recognize the area code, I hesitated before answering.

“Hello?” I asked whoever was on the other line.

“Hello, is this Zachary Baker?” a male voice asked on the other line.

“Yes, it is. May I ask who’s calling?” I asked politely, it could be for the clothing line or something, I thought to myself.

“My name is Jake Reynolds, I’m a social worker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I have your daughter in custody right now-” I cut the man, Jake Reynolds, off.

“Whoa whoa whoa, I think you have the wrong number buddy. I don’t have a kid, and I’ve never had one.” This guy obviously has the wrong phone number, I mean I’ve never even had a pregnancy scare with any of my girlfriends. I heard the man sigh on the other end of the phone.

“Mr. Baker, we can have a DNA test performed, but your name is the name on her birth certificate as the father. I can-” he sighed again, “Hold on a moment please?”

“Uh, sure.” I listened as I heard some sort of commotion on the other line of the phone, it sounded like someone was yelling, before I heard a door slammed open and someone yelling, it sounded like a girl.

“I can’t believe you’re calling him Jake! He doesn’t want me! Never has, never will! Shit! I don’t understand what you don’t get when I say I’m not going to wherever the hell this jackass lives! No way! So you might as well send me to one of the godforsaken foster homes, cause I’d honestly rather go there then anywhere with Daddy dearest!” she was shrieking, I could only figure she was talking about me, though I’m not sure what I did that was so bad for her to hate me like that, even though she isn’t my kid.

“Could you just be quiet for a minute?! I’m on the phone!” this Jake guy hissed at her. I heard a low “Fuck you.” from her.

“I’m sorry about that sir,” he said into the receiver, I could still hear the girl muttering, not so quietly in the background.

“It’s not a problem, but I was saying that I don’t have a kid, so I really think you have the wrong number.” I explained to the guy. Looking around I now noticed all the guys were looking at me curiously, wanting to know who I was talking to about not having a kid with.

“Well,” he started, “like I said, we can have a DNA test done so we can be sure, but according to records, not only are you are her father, but her only living relative alive. Both her and I can fly out to California tomorrow actually, to have it done, just to be safe.” he explained to me. I pinched the bridge between my eyes.

“Uh, yeah, that’s fine. You probably already know where I’m at, so uh, just call me again when you get here.” I muttered.

“Alright, good, see you then.” he replied into the receiver.

“Oh, wait!” I replied just as fast, “What’s her name? My supposed kid I mean.” He chuckled on the other end for a moment.

“Hope. We’ll see you soon Mr. Baker.” was all he said before he hung up the phone. I leaned back on the couch after hanging up, letting out a breath of air in a whoosh. A kid? Yeah right, but if this guy wanted to do a DNA test he could go for it, but I don’t have a kid, plus from the way she was swearing she was obviously older, and I don’t remember any girls I slept with back in High school ever getting pregnant. At least not by me.

“Hey man, what was that about?” Brian asked me from across the room.

“Some guy in Pennsylvania called, he’s a social worker there. He said I have a kid there, and I’m her only living relative and her birth certificate says I’m her Dad.” I explained quickly.

“That’s sad.” Johnny piped up from where he sat in front of the controls, I didn’t think he was really listening since he was staring down at the controls, but I guess I was wrong.

“Yeah man, it is. What’re you going to do about it. Since you don’t have a kid.” Brain said, laughing at the end.

“Well the guy said they’ll fly in so that they can have a DNA test done. Which is fine, cause their only going to see she’s not mine. She didn’t sound too happy about the guy calling me though. You should’ve heard her, swearing at him like one of us would’ve.” I chuckled, the guys laughing with me.

“Anyway, I’ll worry about this later, let’s get to work.” I told them, grinning even though on the inside I was a little unsure. But I wasn’t going to tell the guys that. They all agreed with me, and walked into the recording area. I sighed, following them. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! How've you all been? I hope all is well. (:
Yikes, Hope throws a little bit of a fit in there yeah? Oh well, I like her attitude. I know the guys aren't really in here, but you'll see more of them in upcoming chapters. To be honest, I wasn't planning on updating until the end of the week but this kinda just came out of me, I was in the mood to write. So here it is, a little early, so you'll probably get another chapter in the next few days.
Question? Do you think Zacky and Hope should meet in the next chapter? Or should I draw it out a little more? What do you think?
Thanks to:

A7X_foREVer6661
and
Baby.Blue.Eyes
for commenting again. You two are effin' awesome. This update is for the two of them. They're the ones who make me want to update, just knowing that they'll give me feedback on something I work hard on. (:
Comments mean faster updates!
Love,
Carly.(: