Untitled

Find me a place to stay / Spencer Reid one shot

“Morgan! Get your ass down here!” I shouted from downstairs.

“Give me just a second!” I heard his voice coming from the bathroom.

“Hotch is going to kill us, because of your damn second!”

I sat down on the sofa and sighed. It was always like that. I lived with a man, who, if you ask me, sometimes was acting more like a female. I looked around to make sure I took everything I needed and then I heard my phone.

“Garcia, we’ll be right there. Your prince charming is running late, again.” I complained and hung up after I heard her laugh. That meant that our boss was already angry.

I decided I couldn’t wait any longer so I stood up and rushed upstairs.

“Derek, if you don’t open the door I promise, I’ll kick them out!” I yelled hitting the door with my fists. Derek Morgan was my friend, best friend to be honest. We’ve been living together for year and a half now. I was born in Russia, but moved to United States when I was thirteen. I’ve always wanted to do my job- which is being an FBI agent. I love it and to be honest I think I can say I was born to do this.

“Calm down, baby girl, it’s not like the world is falling a part.” He said finally coming out.

“Yeah, but I think my nerves are! I’m going to need a new roommate.” I said going down again, with Derek following my steps. “Make sure, to lock the door, not like the last time.” I said before getting to the car. I started the engine and waited for him to join me.

“I think I know a guy, who’d be interested.” He said as closing the door.

“Oh really? As far as I know you, you’ll say that he’d have to be blind, deaf and God know, what else?” I asked hitting the road to the airport.

“No, he’s rather highly intelligent, has a photographic memory and loves classical music.”

“Derek, please start taking your medications or if you run out of them, go to see your psychiatrist, because your delusions are getting worse.” I suggested trying to stay calm.

“It’s not a delusion, baby. It’s a fact. A fact that’s called Spencer Reid.”

“Yeah, keep on saying that and you might actually believe it.” I replied and shook my head. Derek’s been saying this to me for a while know. He thinks that Reid has a thing for me, but I really doubt it. We get along just fine, but still, he’s the misunderstood, calm and so damn intelligent guy and I’m always joking, even smarter (even though he doesn’t want to admit it) girl. And even though I do have some feeling for him, because he’s all so sweet, how does it fit? Well, it’s simple. It doesn’t.

We got to the airport fifteen minutes late. I swear, they should get used to it by now. But they don’t. Everytime we do such a thing, we get to hear our boss getting angry with us. We sort of got used to it.

“Hey, Dezi! I brought you coffee. I figured you’ll need it.” I heard Spence’s voice as soon as I got on the plane.

“Thanks Spence, you’re a lifesaver.” I said smiling to him and grabbing a cup. I looked at Morgan, who was now smiling at me and moved his lips, as though he was trying to say “I told you so”.

“Get over it already!” I hissed, but he just laughed.

“Ok, people, focus. We’re late, again. Morgan, Adams I think I know how to solve it.” Hotch said taking his seat next to the window.

“You mean the case?” Derek asked, acting stupid.

“Yeah, sure, the case of weather Santa Claus is real.” I said ironic.

“He’s not real, it’s just a myth.” Reid said and everybody looked at him with compassion. He didn’t understand it, again. “ What?” he asked, but Aaron kept on talking to me and Derek.

“You’ll have to move.” He said.

“What?” we both asked at the same time.

“This is so not going to happen.” Morgan protested.

“I am sick of him being late, but I seriously doubt he know how to brush his teeth without my help! I can’t leave him like that!” I complained.

“I’m not asking. This is an order. We’ll find you both new apartments as soon as we finish this case.”

“You’ll have to drag me with force, because I won’t leave this asshole over there.” I insisted. How could they even think of it/ we were doing just fine. We helped each other and to be honest I forgot how it was to live by yourself. I woke him up, he made food, I cleaned, he did the laundry.. It was a perfect combination and now they wanted to leave me with dirty clothes and no food? Damn it, I didn’t even know how to use washing machine! Besides, I never liked taking orders, I always had to do things my way and this was exactly what I was planning to do this time.

“It’s out of the question. Now let’s get back to the case.” Aaron cut the talk and looked at JJ, who was supposed to start talking.

“Our un-sub is killing couples. Victimology’s different, but MO stays the same. He ties them down, rapes the women while her partner’s forced to watch, then beats the man, slashes his throat and smothers her at the end.” She said giving us photos of the victims.

“We think we know, where he’s finding his victims, but this time it’s really difficult. We’ve got twenty people killed during last three months.” Rossi added.

“Oh God..” that was all I could say.

“That’s still less than Ted Bundy, he’s killed twenty seven and it’s probably not all of it.” Spencer interrupted.

“Thirty. He confirmed he killed thirty, Spence. But it was done in longer than just three months!” I protested and he started to count, to make sure who was right.

“That’s why they need us. We’ll be working in two groups. One will be set up at the police station and the other one at the place where he probably finds his victims.” Hotch said. “Prentiss, Adams, Reid and Morgan. You’ll be working at the hotel Cesario. It’s in the middle of the town, while Rossi, JJ and I will be at the station.”

“So what do we have to do? Typical interviews?” Prentiss asked taking a sandwich out of her bag, which made me laugh.

“Not this time. We’ll need your acting skills.”

“Don’t have any.” Spencer said without a thought.

“And I got kicked out from school theatre.” I added.

“Why?” Rossi looked at me pretty interested.

“We’ve had this play, called princess and the frog. In the final scene princess was supposed to kiss a frog-toy which had to turn into a charming prince. Well.. I brought her a real frog.”

Everybody started to laugh, everybody, expect of the boss.

“You’ll act like you’re together. You’ll be in rooms together, do whatever our victims did. Just make sure you’ll be convincing. We at the same time will ran through the information you’ll give us.”

“Good, at least I’ll have my roommate back.” I said quite enthusiastic.

“Not going to happen. You’ll be with Reid. That’s the only way I can be sure you’ll be always prepared.” With this one sentence Hotch killed my peace but burned new hope at the same time.

This is going to be fun.” Prentiss said taking a bite of her food and I watched her every single move.

“What? Am I dirty or something?” She asked.

“No, It’s just my thing. I like staring at people.” I explained with a smile.

“Creepy.” She replied and took another bite, which turned out, to be her last. “Oh God! What the hell!” she yelled and dropped the sandwich on the table. Everybody looked at her in shock and I couldn’t help but hollered with laughter.

“When did you even do it?” Spencer asked me looking at the plastic spider I placed in her food.

“Trust me, you don’t want to know.” I winked at him and covered my mouth.

When we got to the hotel it was quite strange. I didn’t fully understood what we were supposed to do, but as long as I was paired with Spencer, I was alright with it. Our room was 206. Derek and Prentiss got 187, so it was two floors below us. I got inside, dropped my bag on the floor and jumped on bed.

“We only have one…” he said looking around.

“We’re supposed to be together, did you expect them to put us in a room with two beds?”

“I guess not.” He said and checked out the bathroom. “So where do I sleep?”

“In bed, with me.” I replied sitting.

“I am not sure if it’s really ok.” He started but I stood up and covered his mouth with my hand. Touching his face gave me pleasant chills.

“Spence, we’re working here, ok? So don’t make it any harder on me. Now, I am going to see how Prentiss and Derek are doing.” I said and headed to the door, but his voice made me stop, before I could reach for the handle.

“You were right.”

“What?” I turned to see his face.

“Bundy. He killed thirty, not twenty seven.”

“Oh, I am always right, Spence.” I said with a bright smile.

“Oh really? World War II ended in…”

“1945. Pearl Harbor?” I asked.

“December 7th 1941. The fall of the Berlin wall?”

“1989. Korean war?”

“1950 to 1953.” He answered calmly.

“Your mistake, it ended in 52.” I said cheerful.

“No, it was 1953, Destiny. Think about it again.” He made me a little confused so I did think about it again.

“Damn, you’re right.” I sighed and he just smiled at me.

I was sitting in Derek’s room. It was 4th day of our work, which until now was really useless.

“So how are things doing?” he asked me.

“You know, how are things doing. You’re the member of the team as well.” I replied with a confused look on my face.

“God, Dez, for someone so intelligent, you can be rally stupid at the times. I asked about how are things with Spencer?” he sat on the chair in front of me.

“Normal. It’s like I was living with you, only he’s more … everything.” I smiled to myself and didn’t even realized.

“Yeah, and I’m starting a new job as a ballet dancer.” He said sarcastic.

“Come on Derek, live this alone. I told you nothing is going on between us two.”

“But you’ve never said you didn’t want anything to happen.” He answered and I didn’t know what to say. It was true. I’ve never said I didn’t want something to happen. Now that I thought of it, things looked a little differently. I had to admit that Spencer in the matter of fact was handsome and cute, and intelligent and adorable and… too many to count.

“See, I got you thinking.” Morgan smiled and lied down next to me.

“Yeah, and that comes out from a cocky guy, who’s afraid to ask Garcia out.” I teased.

“What? How did you? No.”

“I got you confused. I see that Derek, just do something about it. The girl’s not going to wait forever.” I advised and got back to Spencer.

We were walking around the hotel, looking for some clues. Just then something popped into my head.

“How about, our un-sub is working her as a janitor? He’d have access to every room and would know exactly what his victims did and when.” I suggested.

“Yeah, he could get to know them really easily and no one would suspect him.”

“I’ll tell Hotch.” I took out my cell, but Spencer caught my hand.

“Don’t. let’s check it first.” He suggested and walked me to the janitor’s room. “we have to look for anything suspected.” I nodded and hid my phone back to the pocket.

We were looking around through random stuff, when I heard footsteps.

“Someone’s coming. If it’s our un-sub he may suspect something and freak out. Figure something out!” I hissed looking at Spencer.

“Let’s hide!” it was a good idea, or rather would be, if there was a place to hide. Steps were getting closer.

“Kiss me!” I ordered and he looked at me as if though I was speaking in different language.

“What? I.. I can’t!” he said and for the first time in a long while I saw him blushing.

“Just do it, you fool.” I replied and without any other thoughts kissed his lips. He was stressed at the beginning but after a while, he relaxed and even put his arms around me. It was so amazing I just wanted the clock to stop right there, right then. Just then the door opened and I could hear male, clearing his throat. We jumped away from each other as if we were just a pair who got lost and decided to do make out session in a forbidden place.

“Oh.. I, um.. we’re sorry.” I said blushing a little.

“Yeah.. we.. we better get going.” Spencer caught my hand and walked me out of there.

“Don’t look back.” I whispered as we were heading to the room.

We didn’t tell anyone about what happened or what we suspected. As far as we knew, we were wrong. We both didn’t talk much after what happened, it was quite strange for both of us and I knew that spending this night by his side, will be really difficult.

I took a shower and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Why not trying to tell him? why not giving it a shot? I was thinking to myself, considering Derek’s words. I knew that he would never want me to get hurt, so he wouldn’t say such a thing if he wasn’t sure about it. I had no idea what to do and decided to just go with the flow. I left bathroom and went straight to bed. Spencer was already in it, reading a book and waiting for me. It was our routine. I came in, he turned off the light and we both got to sleep. This night was not an exception, but just when the lights got off I felt really confused about everything. I felt weird being by his side and still not being able to touch him.

“Look, Spence, about what happened today…” I started, turning to face him. he looked even better in the moonlight.

“I liked it.” He said suddenly and I had to think for a while, because I wasn’t sure if I heard correctly.

“You, what?”

“I liked it and.. would love to do this again. In the matter of fact, statistically…” he started but I didn’t let him finish.

“Enough with the statistics.” I said and kissed his lips for the second time today. I felt as though I was fulfilling one of my dreams that moment. He was so amazing in every single way I was surprised I got so lucky. He moved his hands on my back and stopped when he touched my scar.

“What happened?” he asked looking really concerned.

“There’s a lot, you don’t know about me.” I answered.

“I’d love to find out.” He said and I just smiled and kissed him again.

“I think I’ve got a place for you to stay, when Hotch kicks you out of Derek’s apartment.” He whispered when we separated for a moment to catch a breath.

“Only if there’s one bed.” I said with a seductive tone.

“I’ll throw away the couch.” He laughed and so we did this again.

That case was definitely one of my favorites. From that day I knew I had a new place to stay and it wasn’t his home, it was his heart.