Status: active

It's Been a While

Ocean

The cool salty air wiped her long dark hair across her face, she closed her eyes and tilted her head slightly back as the Los Angeles sun warmed her skin. It had been a couple of days since she had last seen her band mates, since she had last seen Brian. As tradition after a tour the band went their separate ways for a couple of weeks to relax. Whereas the boys had gone back to England to see their families Arya had decided to stay in Los Angeles.
She had rented a small little beach house near the ocean front and spent her days walking along the beach. At night she would slip into small bars listening to local bands sing, she always stood at the back fading into the background, a luxury she hardly got. It was nice for her to not have to act the part of Arya the lead singer of Unwanted Valentine, sexy, confident and happy. She could stand in the shadows where she felt comfortable and safe.
After receiving her daily texts from her boys asking how she was and what she was doing she grabbed her purse and the keys to her rental car and drove to pick up food. She walked the aisles of the food store grabbing anything that looked simple and edible, she just wanted to be away from people and back to the quiet of the beach house. Turning into the next aisle she heard her name. She turned and was met with the sight of a man walking up to her. It took her awhile to recognise him as Jeffery Morgan a music producer that they had previously worked with. He was 30 years old, big build and his arms were dotted with tattoos.
‘Wow it’s good to see you again I thought you guys were back in England’ Arya shook her head answering that she was staying a couple of days longer in LA. His face brightened at this and he pulled a card from his wallet ‘I’m helping out a band while they are doing their record and you should come by I need your song writing skills’ Arya smiled slightly, she just wanted some peace and quiet, to not have to talk to people but she found her hand taking the card and saying she would stop by tomorrow morning.
She spent her night looking out of the window watching the wave’s crash onto the sand, its rheumatic sound calming the anxiety in her, the business card lay beside her, a reminder of her her commitment. She didn’t want to spend the day in a studio with people but she had said she would, it was this that forced her to get ready in the morning and drive to the little studio.
She took a deep breath as she walked in, smiling as she saw Jeffery look at her. ‘Ahh there you are I thought you would have got lost’ he laughed. He came and stood beside her introducing her to the band Burn Halo. After introductions were made she sat at the back and listened as Jeffery played her everything they had recorded so far. After several listens Jeffery asked he what she thought. She didn’t answer but instead grabbed a pen and paper and began writing down words, trying to form a verse. After half an hour she passed the paper to Jeffery and sat back as he looked it over and passed it to James Hart the lead vocalist. He nodded and entered the recording booth and began to sing.
Two hours later Arya was ready to leave but Jeffery had her helping with another song, she had suggested that it needed something more to build it up, like a guitar solo. At that point Hart had got up saying he knew who was perfect and left the room to make a call.
She was just thinking of the perfect word for a line when her heart stopped at the mention of his name. He was here, standing in the doorway of the studio looking at her. She couldn’t tear her eyes away from his. It was like she was back at the venue again. Hart broke her connection as he went to hug him, Jeffery had also got up from his seat next to Arya to greet him. ‘Syn this is Arya she is helping the band with a couple of their songs, she was actually the one that suggested a guitar solo’ Jeffery mentioned. Syn walked over to Arya and held out his hand, his brown eyes looked down at her ‘Hello again’
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about spelling and grammer errors in my last chapter :(