Status: foREVer

Scream

Savior

Max's POV

I waited for Jasey to resurface but she never did.

“You guys,” I said slowly but everyone was busy laughing at Johnny who had emerged yelling around.

I ran to the side of the pool and without a second thought I jumped in and grabbed Jasey by her waist. I swam to the top and finally the guys noticed and Shadows helped me pull her out and Brian lifted me after she was placed down.

She was coughing when I ran back over to her and seemed kind of dazed but her hazel eyes looked up at me.

“Hey,” I said. “You alright?” She nodded and I smiled lightly before glaring at the guys.

They looked down guilty and Jasey touched my arm. My gaze returned to hers and she was looking over at her notebook.

“Brian, pass me her notebook,” I ordered before helping her sit up.

He did as I said and she took it and opened to a fresh page before writing and pushing it to me.

“I don’t know how to swim,” I read out loud for her.

“We figured that out,” Zacky snorted and Shadows hit him in the head as she blushed.

“Don’t pay attention to him,” I smiled and she returned it.

She wrote in the notebook again.

“My mom never taught me,” I read again.

“Why not?” Johnny asked.

“Didn’t have time, she was a cop and a single mom, could you?” Guilt crossed Johnny’s features as I read it.

She quickly took the book back and wrote something else.

“Can I go back to Johnny’s now?” Johnny nodded.

“Yeah we’ll go home,” she flinched at the word home and I helped her to her feet.

Val had returned with a towel and handed one to each of us.

“I’m sorry Jasey,” Zacky said but she just wrapped the towel around her and headed to the front of the house without waiting for goodbyes.

“I think she’s mad,” Johnny sighed and I shook my head.

“I don’t think she can get mad… she’s just a little shaken up,” I said as I waved and walked after her.