Status: foREVer

Scream

Family

I paused my music when we pulled up the two story house. Taking a deep breath I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out.

“We’ll get your bags later,” Cathy smiled and I simply nodded.

She walked up the pavement and I followed behind. I took a deep breath as she knocked on the thick wood door. Part of me wished they wouldn’t answer.

The door swung open to reveal a short blond haired woman whose wrinkles showed while she smiled. My eyes widened a bit as I took a step back to hide behind Cathy.

“You must be Jasey,” she peeked beside Cathy at me and I forced a small smile.

Before I could blink I was pulled into a hug and my eyes nearly bulged out of their skull. Once she pulled away I was pulled inside along with Cathy.

The house had a homey feel; pictures everywhere, drawings done by school child, and awards from attendance to sports trophies. I wondered if my dad was in one the pictures I saw, I also wondered which he was if I did see him. The woman pulled us to the kitchen area where more people were sitting; an older man about the same age as the woman, a man in his early to mid-30s, a woman about the same age, and a boy who looked to be about my age.

A thought ran through my mind; that thought that this man could’ve been my father, I ignored it however because something inside of me told me it wasn’t.

The people looked at me in silence and I cowered under their curious gaze. My stomach twisted itself in more tangles and knots.

Breathe. I reminded myself.

“Hi, I’m Dan,” The older male spoke first and stood.

I watched his moves carefully.

“You must be my granddaughter,” he smiled a wrinkly smile before engulfing me in a hug similar to that of the woman’s.

So this was my grandpa? I thought to myself as I slowly wrapped my arms around him. I noted mentally that he felt like a grandpa. He was soft and comforting. He smelt of an old person too; like my grandpa did in my memories. Finally we let go of each other and I returned to my comfort spot near Cathy.

Next the man and woman stood walking towards me.

He had shaggy brown hair and crystal blue eyes, small wrinkles beneath his eyes showed and odd light of wisdom on his soft yet hard handsome face.

“I’m your dad’s brother; Mark,” he smiled and I stuck out my hand in a polite gesture.

He stared at it a moment before chuckling.

“What, no hug?” My eyes widen as he too pulled me into a hug.

Unlike the old man, well my grandpa, he felt hard but his aura radiated protective. He wasn’t good with feelings but you can tell he could still love.

We pulled apart soon and he pulled the woman closer; she had blond curls that shaped and framed her high cheeks bones, rosy pink lips pulled up in a smile, and I could smell some sort of flowers as she moved in closer to me.

“This is my wife Debby,” Mark said and she too pulled me in a hug.

It was just a small one and I was thankful for that, I don’t know how much emotion I can handle from these strangers.

“Oh and this is your cousin, our son; Maxwell but we call him Max.” Mark motioned towards the boy who finally stood.

I watched his every move with a head cocked to the side; he seemed very… interesting to say the least.

Pale skin hidden behind black long hair, two piercings on each side of his plump lips, I could still see a thin layer of eyeliner drawn under his bright green eyes of his mother. He moved closer and stopped right in front of me, he studied me to; mimicking my movements of narrowing of his eyes and tilting his head slightly to get a better look. There was something about his aura that brought me in, my body gravitated closer on it’s on and everyone grew quiet. The boy, Max however just remained looking; not shocked by my movements like the adults had been.

Once I was right in front of him my hand reached in front of me to his face; he didn’t make a move, his eyes still remained on my face. I couldn’t stop my hand from light combing his black hair out of his face, moving it so I could look into his eyes; they widened in surprise then narrowed in curiosity as I keep my hand there.

I could hear the adults murmur in shock; I had even shocked myself. I moved his hair so it wouldn’t easy fall into his face again then let it fall at my side; straighten myself up I stepped back and looked down in shame at my acts.

I looked back up to see the boy fighting a smile.

“Well,” the old woman sighed causing everyone to look at her.

“I just realized I didn’t introduce myself did I?” She looked at me with a furrowed brows and a friendly smile.

I simple shook my head.

“I’m your grandmother; Linda.” She smiled and I nodded with a small smile.

“Are you hungry?” I looked towards Debby and noticed that Max had sat back down at the table and was staring at the dark wood in thought.

I shook my head; my stomach was full of anxiety not hunger.

“Well would you like to sit?” Mark offered while motioning to the table.

I looked over at Cathy who smiled warmly and motioned for me to “go ahead”.

I return my gaze to the family and nodded while walking over to them. Dan pulled out a seat for me and I took it, the family filled in beside me after they gave Cathy a seat beside me. Max sat across from me his gaze never leaving mine, and Linda on the other side of me.

“Would you like something to drink? Water, Soda, juice?” Debby asked.

My gaze finally left that of Max's and met hers. My throat did feel dry; I simply nodded.

“What would you like?” Fear shot through me as my eyes widened.

I looked towards Cathy and she must have seen the panic because she spoke for me.

“Um, Jasey doesn’t speak."
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to post again because... I'm not sure why but Comment and Subscribe anyway?
-Neche