Sequel: Notbroken
Status: on to the sequel :)

A spotlight of my own

and your 2010 Stanley Cup champions are...!

The house looked beautiful with the summer green glass and white pillars that must have been bleached lately. I pulled in around 7 to see both Dom and Junior’s cars, along with my Dad’s limo and Mom’s Ferrari sitting in the driveway, I couldn’t wait to see Junior.

The weeks between Boston College and the Prospects week Junior was away with his girlfriend touring the country. He had to do it then because, as he said, ‘The Bills are starting workout soon and I need my social life now.’ I mocked him for a while after that statement because it made him seem so childish. A social life? I never had one of those, and I was the girl.

“Shaunaaaaaa!” I heard Junior yell through the intercom the second after I pressed the button to alert the maids I needed the gate opened.

“Hi J!” I yelled back, “Open the gate! I would love to see you!”

“As you wish puck slut.” I laughed at his insult, every since my sophomore year at Shattuck Junior had started calling me puck slut, I didn’t mind though because I had worse names for him.

I pulled into our circular driveway next to the fountain and starting unpacking my stuff when a new car entered the round-about type driveway.

I had never seen it before, the 2010 white Charger wasn’t my families car nor anyone I thought I knew. I attempted to look through the windows but realized when the car came to a stop they were tinted black.
A man in a black tuxedo came out of the drivers seat and smiled at me before walking straight into my house.

I wasn’t one for swearing but all I could muster in that moment was ‘What the fuck?’

The house was the exact same from a week ago and yet I felt it like it had been months I was away. The minute I stepped into the grand foyer all I could smell was the always delicious chocolate chip cookies the maids make when we have company. My family was expecting Mr. Mystery otherwise there wouldn’t of been cookies.

“Shauna!” My mother said as I appeared in the kitchen, “Welcome home!,” She hugged me as I saw my dad, Junior , Dom and Mr. Mystery entered from the porch. Junior and Dom both ran over to and lifted me up so each of them had one of my things in their hands.

“Put me down you losers” I scolded while I cautiously looked over at Mr. Mystery.

“Shauna this is Kevin Devine, He’s the director of amateur scouting for the Sabres.” My dad announced while the man nodded his head and stuck out his hand toward me. “Nice to meet you Shauna, I’ve heard and seen many great things from you.”

“Nice to meet you to Mr. Devine! Thank you.” I smiled and shook his hand while grabbing a cookie with my free hand.

“Well Shauna I’m here to invite you to come visit our facilities at HSBC and meet some of coaches, managers and Mr.Golisano this Tuesday. Our organization has been watching you since your years at Shattuck and have been getting more and more surprised each year. Your composure with the puck, heas up play and speed is exactly what we want on our team next year.”

My family had left the room, they knew that this was going to happen. I was honestly so shocked I couldn’t think of anything to say and it would of helped if they were there. Mr. Devine reached into his breifcase as he waited for my answer and pulled out a single white sheet of paper.

“This is a letter Coach Lindy Ruff wanted me to show you, We do understand other teams will be in contact with you but we would like to have you come look at us first.”

I smiled and took the paper from him, reading over it thoroughly, to make sure this wasn’t a dream.

Dear Shauna Jeno,
I am very excited to have you reading this. I know I, along with many others in the Buffalo Sabres organization have been waiting for this day. We have been scouting you since your days at Shattuck St. Marys when we first saw your potential. The way you have composed yourself around your teammates, rivals, coaches, officials and scouts is the best I have ever seen. We, as an organization, believe you are ready for the NHL. We no longer think it’s a matter of when but where and we would like to help you with that choice. We understand that other teams will be in contact with you after your dominating performance at Boston College and the Prospects Showcase this past week but we would like you to stop by HSBC Arena this week. We feel as though you playing for our organization would be a very good thing for not only you, the Buffalo Sabres, or your family but for the community. I will elaborate on how the process of the Draft works and everything if and when you come visit us.

Sincerely,
Coach Lindy Ruff of the Buffalo Sabres

I looked up to see Mr. Devine smiling at me while packing his things.

“I will leave you with this, it is all up to you Shauna.” He handed me another piece of white paper, this one laminated, with emails and phone numbers on it. At the top it read ‘2010-2011 Buffalo Sabres contacts’ and underneath Lindy Ruff’s email and number were highlighted and circled, along with Mr. Devine’s. Mr. Devine stood up and excused himself out of the kitchen, and out of the house leaving me starring at the paper.

A little over a half an hour passed by before my parents and brothers came in and sat down.

“Is this a joke?” I questioned while looking into my 4 counter-parts eyes.

“No Shauna, this is real. This is what it feels like.” Junior said leaning back in his chair.

I couldn’t manage any words I just nodded as my mom and dad got up to start making dinner. I followed my brothers into the living room and watched Jackass while they cooked. We were dying from laughter before the maid came to tell us the ‘rents were done cooking… man I had missed my moms cooking.

We sat down and said our prays, Dom and Junior talked about twins they had seen at the grocery store today which disgusted my mom. My dad laughed and asked man questions about them while mother and I stuffed our faces. My mom had cooked her famous lasagna and my dad added his delicious celery salad with blue cheese dressing on the side, to say it was to die for is an understatement.

“So Shauna guess what?” Dom spoke up with a mouth of food, that reminded me I needed to tell them about Chicago the following day.

“Wait before you start Dom, I’m going to Chicago tomorrow to see Jon and Patrick Kane, remember him?” I pointed my fork towards my dad.

“Yes dear, I hope you know I’m not driving you and neither is Dom, Junior or your mother… How do you plan on getting there, how long? Where are you staying?… Wait you just got home?” It seemed like he was trying to think of as many questions as possible in 30 seconds.

“I know, Jon got me plane tickets, flying out of Buffalo tomorrow at 11, leaving Chicago Tuesday, with Pat, at 5. Pat and Jon live together and have an extra room.” I ingored his last question, I’d be home all summer it didn’t hurt I was leaving for another 2 days.

“Jon and Pat know each other?” My mom piped up as Junior and Dom continued eating, obviously not caring about what I was saying.

“Yes, long story… they play for the Blackhawks together. Now is it okay that I go? it’s the Stanley Cup finals game 7 and they want me there.”

My parents nodded at each other and responded with yes in unison, I was so thankful they always agreed. It also helped that they were as easy-going as humanly possible.

“Okay Dom GO!” I shouted as I flung a piece of celery at him.

“Jesus Christ!” He yelled as it hit him, “Come on now new shirt.” Junior started laughing and I shot him a ‘you-want-a-piece-of-this look while turning my attention back to Dom.

“Continue Dom, I ain’t got all night.”

“Well Shauna, considering you care so much about my football career I’d like to inform you I am officially a Dallas Cowboy.” He smiled and pointed towards his Cowboy hat..

“Congrats Domy!” I smiled as I got up and hugged him from his chair, “I mean I knew you got drafted but when did you sign?” I asked as I sat down and mom, dad and Junior got up to wash their plates off.

“Yesterday! I move down there at the end of July.” He smiled as he also got up, grabbed my now empty plate and headed into the cleaning area of the kitchen.

I spent that night home with the family watching TV shows like Two and a Half Men and Heros before they headed to bed. I didn’t feel like telling them that I had met Bobby that night would really flow, they’d probably demand to meet him the next week and tell Jon to have a talk with me or something. At some point I’d have to tell them about him, not what we did, and hopefully I’d get to introduce them. I know they would love him, he was the epitome of a perfect potential boyfriend.

It was 12:15 am by the time I was sick of TV so I decided to go change and shower to get ready for bed. I had yet to check my phone since coming home and grabbed it on my way up stairs to my room. Bobby had texted me 3 times telling me he was in California, Getzlaf said Hi and that he would call me in the morning, because he was just going to head to sleep the minute he got home. Jon had also texted me offering to pick me up from the airport and confirm that I was indeed coming. I answered Bobby with a smile “Ok J” and Jon I just said that I was for sure coming.

My mom woke me up at 8am before her and Junior left to do some shopping. I began packing after literally rolling off the couch and crawling upstairs, I guess staying up till 12:30 was not the best idea. As soon as I opened my closet my phone started ringing, it was Bobby.

“Hi sweetheart,” He said as I put the phone on speaker so I could start packing.

“Hi baby,”

“Just woke up huh?” He cooed into the phone.

“Yeah,” I let out a soft chuckled as I picked out my plane outfit, Juicy Couture track-suit and watermelon necklace my grandma had given me last summer. “What are you up to?”

“Me and a couple of the Duck guys are going golfing, other then that nothing much, besides missing you.”

“Sounds fun! Tell Ryan I say Hi, oh stop…” I shook my head while pulling out a pair of socks, “I miss you too though.”

“Will do, But really I already miss you. I wish you could of came to Cali with me.”

I wish I could of too but this summer I had already decided would be all about the Jeno family.

“I wish I could of but I feel like I hadn’t been home in a while, Maybe I’ll fly out in a couple weeks, how does that sound?”

He laughed and I smiled, “Sounds beyond good. Please do. So what are you up to?”

Bobby thankfully was friends with Pat and Jon so telling him about the game and ‘sleep-over’ wouldn’t cause any drama. “Well I’m packing and then I’ll be going to Chicago to watch the game.”

“So I might be seeing you on my TV? Nice! Please tell me your staying with someone reliable…”

“Jon and Pat, I guess they’re reliable.” I answered while I picked out my outfit for the game, a floral skirt dress, black flip flops, a silver snake ring and black pearl studs.

“Yeah they are…” We talked for another hour while I packed before I had to leave. We spoke about the Prospects Showcase, the up-coming draft and how I would be Bobby’s date for the NHL awards in Vegas that I agreed to.

It was 10:30 by the time I was completely packed, finishing my outfits with a Boston College long sleeve, Black Soffee shorts that I’d be sleeping in and rocking on the plane back to Buffalo tomorrow. I pulled out the Juicy Couture outfit for the plane and put it on before heading downstairs.

The maid had cooked me a strawberry Danish and left out a carton of ice cold milk to take on the plane considering I hated plane food. The stuff makes me gag, the pretzels are always stale and they never have milk, ever.

I got through customs and everything on-time and boarded my plane. I could tell the whole time people were starring at me, either because they knew I was the daughter of Tyler Sr, Mr. Buffalo Bills, the sister of Tyler Jr, the newest edition of the Jeno family football dynasty or they just realized I was Shauna Jeno, the hockey player. No one came up to me however, I didn’t want them to either, I just wanted to be Chicago. Thankfully there wasn’t a delay so we left within 5 minutes of the last boarding call, the flight only lasted an hour and twenty so I decided I’d just take a quick nap, who knew how long I’d be up that night.

Jon didn’t get as lucky as I did with the being recognized thing, I found him by my terminal exit area surrounded by fans demanding pictures and autographs. Then all of a sudden the half crowd turned and faced me and before I could turn around were running toward me.

“SHAUNA! OH MY GOD! SHAUNA! CAN I HAVE YOU AUTOGRAPH! SHAUNA!” All of the people were yelling and enclosing me. To say I was beyond frightened was an under-statement, I then heard a man’s voice, not Jon’s, start yelling at people to move. The man pushed his was through the crowd and put me under his arm, much like Bobby did in Toronto, and dragged me outside the airport into a back limo. Jon followed behind us with my book bag the man had thrown to him.

“How’s it feel to be recognized Shauna?” I opened me eyes to see Pat smirking at me from the driver side couch.

“Sucks!” I said before hopping over to him, I looked around the limo noticing they were 3 strangers starring at me with smiles plastered on their faces. I tilted my head and look at Pat nodding for him to begin the introductions.
“You get used to it, you should be already because of your dad!” He lightly punched my forearm before introducing the three men, “Shauna this is Brain Campbell, Brent Seabrook and Duncan Keith, they’re on the team.”

All the guys nodded as their names were spoken, Brent was the one that led me through the crowd.

“Nice to meet you guys, Oh thanks Mr.Seabrook for getting me through that mess.”

The guys all laughed, even Jon, at my comment which earned Pat a confused face courtesy of myself.

“Shay, you might be considerably younger then us but you’re a NHLer now, no need for the formal-ness.” Jon laughed as he moved to my empty side and slinked his arm around my waist.

“I haven’t been drafted though! I am so not an NHLer yet.” The limo started driving and the games again laughed in unison.

“You will be drafted. Trust us.” the guys all nodded, “even though you are still a baby.” It was my turn to laugh.

“Whatever, I’m not a baby! I’m 18!”

“You’re a baby in this league Shauna.” the man introduced as Brain Campbell spoke up, “Because of your age and how small you are.” I shook my head smiling and grabbed a bottle of water Jon handed me from the mini fridge.

“So Where you from little one?” Keith asked as we turned into downtown Chicago.

“Buffalo, New York” Pat put his hand up and in high five.

“Nice city, I used to play there.” Brain said.

“I know, You left my Sabres.” I winked at him and took another swig of water. He laughed while Jon dropped his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes, ‘someone needs an energy drink’ I thought.

“So how you know these two beauts?” Brent asked pointing toward the tired Jon and Pat, who was starring out the window at the crowd that was already formed for their 8 o’clock game.

“Well Pat and I played bantam together for a half year, and Jon and I were teammates at Shattuck his senior year.”

The limo stopped and Jon opened his eyes, Brent, Brain and Duncan all left the limo after saying their good-byes and telling me to party with them after. Jon told me they wanted to get there early for the game to chill out and maybe sign a few autographs. Jon leaned up and knocked on the moving wall that was between us and the driver.

“Back to my house Nick.”

“You got it Toews.”

He turned back around and he, Pat and I made small-talk for the rest of the ride to their apartment. Pat told me he had a jersey already waiting for me and demanded that I wear it which made Jon laugh. I agreed as long as they allowed me to touch the cup when they won it, which they would do,

We got back to their apartment at 1, I realized that their time was different then mine while on the plane. Jon and at showed me around the complex and their rooms before we decided to just have a nice ‘family lunch’ as Jon called it. They both had pasta, 2 breadsticks, salad and a Gatorade while I opted for a salad and water, It wasn’t my game day so loading up on carbs and energy wasn’t what I was trying to do. We talked for awhile, mainly them asking how I’d been, how Boston, Shattuck and the rest of the Prospects stuff was and then Jon brought up Bobby.

“So it’s real, you and Bobby Ryan, you two are dating?” He asked while pointed his fork full of pasta towards me, Pat was stuffing food into his.

“I guess. How do you know?”

“Well we heard rumors, and then I saw you guys holding hands after one of the games….” He paused and looked me in the eyes, “I don’t know how I feel about it…being that your like my little sister and all.”

I smiled but answered in defense of Bobby, “Oh, well he’s really nice Jon. I mean…I don’t know, he’s different.”

Pat excused himself, saying he didn’t need to know about my love-life and he needed to mentally prepare for tonight’s game.

“He seems nice, but he’s a Duck, I don’t trust any of those guys… I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“Jon I honestly don’t think you have anything to worry about, I won’t let him hurt me. I’m a hockey player Jon!” I smacked his arm trying to lighten the mood.

“Shauna, this isn’t hockey, you haven’t even had a real shot at proving yourself and I don’t want him doing anything to stop you from that. I don’t want you being known as Bobby Ryan’s girlfriend, guys will go after you…there’s people in this league that don’t like him.”

“I understand that Jon, but I don’t care… Once I do prove myself people will see me as me. I’ve dealt with being under someone’s shadow my whole life. I can make it through, let people come after me, Milan Lucic or whatever already tried it and I made it through… I’m not as weak as I was back at Shattuck.”

“You’ve got points, god Boom-Boom you’ve always been one sharp cookie. You weren’t weak at Shattuck…”

I glanced around at the clock, 2:13pm. “I was weak, I never told anyone but some days, after our games, I’d cry to sleep because I never thought I was good enough. Then my Junior year when the Boston College coach came up to me and asked me to for-go my senior year I realized I wasn’t weak, I could do it. It wasn’t till then though, that changed everything. I was tempted to quit after you guys left just because you guys made it bearable.”

“O Shauna, Babe you should of told me this stuff,” Tears started to form and I looked down at my feet as Jon got up and came over to my side of the table. He grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead, “You know Shay, if you ever need anything I’m only a call away, Pats a call away, we’re here for you.”

I looked up at him and he wiped my tears away and pushed his forehead into mine, “Thanks Jon, I-I-I’m sorry I’m over dramatic.”

“You aren’t!” He pulled my chair out, tipped me out of it into his arms and carried me into his living room. Jon set me down laying on my side facing the TV while he fidgeted his way so that my shoulders and head were on his lap. He smiled down at me and flicked on the Tv, “So Lucic tried picking a fight? Dudes a bitch.”

I chuckled and drew a circle on his stomach, “Yeah, I swear if I ever play him…”

“When you play him!” Jon corrected me and leaned his head back while shutting his eyes.

“Want me to wake you guys up?” Pat asked as he appeared through the doorway to the balcony, for May it was beautiful so he had been outside the whole time me and Jon had our heart to heart. Jon nodded and I closed my eyes before falling asleep for a solid 3 hours.

Pat woke us up at 5 to get ready for the game. Thankfully I had packed a pair of skinny jeans just in case I didn’t want to wear the dress to the game, so I ended up wearing the jeans, Pat’s jersey and my black flip flops. I was banking on stopping back at their house in between the game and after-party. I also brought my back-pack with my camera, iPod and phone in case anything happen.

“Ready Boom-Boom?” Jon asked as he wrapped hi arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest.

“Yes, but I think the better question is Are you, Jonny Toews, ready to kick Philly’s ass?” I turned around and put my hands on his cheeks.

“I was born ready!” He let go and turned toward Pat who had his eyes closed and ear buds in, “KANER LETS GO!”

Pat jumped up and ran toward the door leaving Jon and I in the dust.

“I think he’s ready!” Jon said as he led us out while locking the door behind him.

We took Jon’s range rover to the rink and arrived around 6ish, plenty of time for them to get mentally prepared and for me to ‘adventure throughout the rink’ as Pat put it. Along the ride the guys told me where and what to eat at the rink, where I’d be sitting, with Pat’s family thank god and not strangers, and to clap during the anthem, I was confused at first why’d I’d clap but they said it was a tradition at the madhouse on Madison and I’d stick out if I didn’t. They also told me not to worry about being attacked by fans, celebrities came to their games and the fans never bothered them, plus the fans were normally drunk and only concerned with the game.

Pat and Jon brought me up to the box I’d be sitting in and showed me how after the game, to get down to their locker room. I spent the next hour, before fans were let in, walking around the rink, taking pictures of things with my camera and at one point getting so lost that I had to ask an employee how to get back to the box as the fans started to enter.

Back at the box I found the Kane family already sitting in their seats watching the warm-ups. Even when I was little I was really close with Pat’s sisters. During the half a season stint on Pat’s team I’d spend my hotel nights at away tournaments skipping team knee hockey and playing Barbie with them.

“SHAUNA!” Erica, One of the Pat’s sisters, yelled as she jumped up from her seat and pulled me into a bear hug, “Congratulations girly! Long time no see!” She said as she left me go, still gripping onto my forearms.

“Ugh I know! I’ve missed you Kanes!” I squealed as the rest of the family got up and came over to us.

“My Shauna, you’ve grown! How’s everyone doing in your family?” Mr. Kane asked as he held out his hand that I’d shake.

“They’re doing really well!”

“Come Shauna, sit, we have much to catch up on!” Mrs. Kane announced as she latched onto my arm all pulled me to the seats inside the box.

I talked to the Kane’s for the warm-ups and 1st-2nd periods. They asked lots of questions about how I was doing and how my brothers were doing. Mr. Kane asked me most of the hockey questions, he used to help coach me when I played with Pat and I never forgot some of the things he had taught me. He was one of the coaches that made me really fall in love with the game.

In-between the 2nd and 3rd periods me and Erica went to go get food. I got a large pop-corn and a bottle of Fruit Punch while Erica got a two hot dogs and a mountain dew. We ended up going around to the other side of the rink after we got our food because Erica wanted to stop and say hi to the Toews family.

The Kane’s and I sat on the opposite side because, as Mrs. Kane said, Pat wanted to see his family whenever he got back to then bench.

“Hi Erica!” Mrs. Toews said as she spun around and then looked at me, “Shauna Jeno? My god darling you’ve changed!” She stood up and ran over to me and embraced me into a rib cracking hug.

“Hi Mrs. Toews, and Mr. Toews!” I said as she released me, before I could move another set of arm grabbed me around my waist and spun me around into their chest.

“Shhhhhhhhhhaunie!” I looked up to see David, Jon’s younger brother and one of my ex-Shattuck teammates, starring down at me with the Toews smirk.

“Davvvvvvviiiieeee!” I yelled back causing people around to stare and gawk at us. Erica laughed and started chatting with Toews.

“So your gonna join Jon and I in the league finally?”

I smiled, I had no idea he was in the league too. “Maybe, I don’t know…” I shrugged before licking up a piece of popcorn from the tub I was holding.

“Please do! Well periods about to start you sticking around win or lose?”

I nodded and gave him a hug before bidding ado to the Toews.

The 3rd period went by just as quick as the others. Jon and Pat had a lot of chances but none were going in, Brent and Brian had some too just not as good. Philadelphia kept their heads and fought back every time, dueling all game with the B-Hawks. The teams were tied up and that didn’t change till later on in the night.

Between the 3rd and Over-Time #1 I chatted with Mr. Kane about Pat’s Olympic experience, He asked me
Why I wasn’t there in which I told him I was way too pre-occupied with Boston College. We talked about next year and where he thought I’d fit in, the Sabres or Blackhawks were his choice, and how I, in his eyes, belong in the league. Just as he was about to answer his question of who I wanted to go to the puck drop to signal the start of the over-time.

After 4 minutes of the Blackhawks dominating the Flyers in their zone Pat got a pass from the defense on the wall, he made a quick head fake and deked out the Flyer player before heading down toward the goal-line. Pat then brought the puck to the bottom of the circle and shot. The next thing I knew he was skating up the ice celebrating like he had scored the Stanley Cup winner, which I’d realize within moments he did.

I was so happy I leaped up and screamed with the fans. I joined in on the Kane’s family group hug and jumped up and done when the Blackhawks goal song “Chelsea Dragger” started blaring. Everyone sang along and the boys celebrated on the ice. I met Pat’s eyes on the ice and he nodded toward me to and waved his hands to tell us to come down to the ice. I followed the Kane’s down a secret hallway where all the players friends and family were waiting to get on the ice.

Jon and Pat met me and their families at the door and I latched onto Erica’s arm as she led me onto the ice. Brent and Brain waved at me while all the other Blackhawks looked at me confused, they must of known who Erica was and figured I was a friend or something.

The guys lined up for their picture with the cup and then the victory lap with the cup started. Jon grabbed the cup last and skated over towards me while his team celebrated. He had on the Toews smirk and nodded to someone behind me then I felt David’s arm land on my shoulders.

“Better then the National Championship plate eh?” David said as Jon stopped ahead of me. I locked eyes with him and his face turned from the smirk to a straight, emotionless face.

“Shauna it’s your time.”

I was so caught off guard I froze trying to think of words, why did I have to hoist it? I didn’t even play, I wasn’t even an NHLer let alone a Blackhawk.

“Wh-Wh-Wh-y?” I struggled with my words as Jon moved closer.

“I want you too… just hold it.” He shoved it into my chest, forcing me to take a hold of it, “See? Not that hard.” The smirk was back on his face.

“I don’t understand why.” I looked down at the cup then back up at Jon and the blinding lights coming fro cameras.

“If it weren’t for you at Shattuck I would of quit.” With that Jon moved closed and leaned his forehead onto mine looking into my eyes and moving his hands to my hips. I smiled back at him and set the Cup down swinging my arms around his neck. We stood there for what seemed like an eternity before his family came over and asked for a picture with him and the cup.

I left with Jon and Pat later that night to celebrate the win, while the Kanes and Toews went back to their hotels. Erica and David decided they weren’t up to partying so they joined the adults too leaving me and my original two bros.

The only things I remember from that night was going to the club, sitting in the V.I.P. section, dancing with the team a bit and Pat handing me drinks. Those were all the memories I needed though, just being with Jon and Pat helped me forgot the horrible year I had had at BC. I had brought my camera along so hopefully, even in my drunken state I had remembered to take pictures.

I woke up the next morning in my white camisole, jeans, smushed between a shirtless Jon and Pat. It was 10 am when I looked over Pat’s golden curly hair and realized I should start packing the few things I had. Luckily I didn’t wake either of the boys when I got up, I was in no mood to take care of two hung-over boys when I had my hung-over self to take care of.

Jon woke about 10 minutes later and groggily waved at me before collapsing on their living room couch next to the cup and Conn Smythe they had brought home with the teams permission.

“You tickets on the fridge” Jon mumbled through the pillow that was in front of his mouth.

I chuckled and snatched it down, Jeno-Shauna Chicago O’Hara Depart to Buffalo at 12pm.

“Mhmhmmm” Pat waddled into the kitchen and sat down on one of the stools smiling, “What happened?”

“Well you two lovelies are Stanley Cup champions!”

The boys let out a chorus of hung-over cheers while I flipped them both bananas.
From then to the time we left for the airport we watched ESPN, TSN and local stations for them to re-live last night. ESPN even showed the image of me and Jon hugging over the Cup. The local stations did a lot more on the cup showing snippets from the whole season and playoffs. It was amazing to see the emotions of Jon and Pat throughout the games and see just how much they put in, it kind of scarred me to think if I was to be in the league I’d have to put that much emotion in. I never was one to put any emotion into my game, I played to win but if anything bad happened I’d brush it off and just keep playing, Not saying that I didn’t care because I do but I don’t let the sport kill me.

Jon, Pat and I made plans for when Jon came to Buffalo we’d all hangout, seeing as though as soon as Pat got home we would start conditioning together we’d just have to call up Jon. They also said they’d be at the award show and Draft and demanded we all would get dinner or something then. Plus the guys said they wanted to introduce me to the NHLers they were friends with, just so I’d have more allies.

The flight back to Buffalo was uneventful but the food was delicious. My brothers met me in the terminal, thankfully the airport was empty except for a few stragglers so we didn’t have to sign autographs or anything.

For the next 2 weeks, before I had to fly out to Vegas with Bobby, I started conditioning and skated in-front of the Sabres, Blackhawks, Penguins, Bruins, Canucks and Ducks scouts at my home rink, impressing them all, or so they said. Bobby and I talked everyday and he sent me plane tickets for Vegas and jewelry which I told him I didn’t need, His response was that he wanted to spoil me for I deserved it. I also met up with Jeff, Miranda and Tyler for a Jays game, Us four decided then we’d be flying to Los Angeles for the Draft together which gave me a relief, I had no idea what to do about the Draft and Bobby didn’t either. My family would fly in the day of the draft while us prospects had to be there a day earlier. I missed the NHL Combine in those two weeks on purpose, I didn’t want to make a big deal of myself, the commissioner said it would just hurt my draft status but it wasn’t mandatory in an email he sent to me.

The two weeks came and went fast and next thing I knew I was on a plane to Vegas to see Bobby.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know in reality the bhawks won it in Philly but that didn't fit the story.

thanks readers and subscribers! Commments are always welcome! tell me what you think :)