Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Blame Night Shift

I really hope he was kidding about that. I turned the t.v. off for good measures and then I headed straight to the bathroom. I really don't understand why he freaked out when Val got back, it's not like we were fucking or anything. I decided to just forget about it. I didn't stay in the bathroom as long as Matt told me to but it didn't matter. 

I came out of the bathroom and walked slowly down the stairs. There was a short little black headed boy with Val and the two large dogs greeted him happily. Val looked happy as ever, they all did. Was it really necessary for me to be here? It is, these people stay busy, they need someone to look out for the kid. In fact, I'll strive to be invisible when they're here, like a babysitter should. Good thing they won't be here a lot!

The boy looked nothing like Matt, although they both had the same dark hair. No dimples, nothing. Huh. 

"Lacey! This is Lyric." she said, taking the small boy's hand. 

"Hi there!" I greeted him, waving down in his direction. 

"Lyric, this is Lacey. She's-" Lyric cut her off. 

"I just heared you say her name, mom." He said.  It seemed as if he was too smart to be that young. 

"...Okay...Lacey is going to be your new babysitter." She told him, motioning towards me. 

"Hi Wacey." He told me. I smiled at the cuteness. 

"Hi little guy." I said, crouching down to see eye to eye with him. 

"You like dinosaurs?" he asked me, smiling up at me. 

"You bet! I LOVE dinosaurs!" I told him. 

I spent the night getting to know Lyric a little before Matt and Val told me I could leave. I have to work early tomorrow so I guess I'll be getting a hotel. I never mentioned that small detail to the couple because I knew that they would insist that I stay the night. No way, that would be a little awkward.

 I am now at my hotel resting on my bed watching a shitty reality show. A commercial came on and then I heard my phone. It was a beep informing me that I had a text. I rolled my eyes. That's probably just Amber seeing how today went or checking to see if I'm still alive. I am. I waited a few minutes before I finally grabbed my phone to see my text. 

1.562.909.6996 : What's up?

Who the fuck is this? 

Lacey : Who is this? I replied. A second later I got a reply. 

1.562.909.6996 : Your boss. (; Haha, it's Matt. I didn't expect him to be texting me! I put his number in my phonebook. We texted back and forth. 

Lacey : Hey Matt. What's goin down?

Matt : Not Val. ;)

Lacey : Haha. Sorry dude. 

Matt : yes, it's all ur fault! So wats up?

Lacey : Just chillin' in my hotel room. 

Matt : Y R U @ a hotel?

Lacey : Bcuz I'm can't go home 2night and come back early. 

Matt : Y the fuck didn't u just stay here. 

Lacey : Didnt wanna intrude. 

Matt : Fuck, Vals not even here. We could watch porn 2gether. ;) 

Lacey : Do you know that I have a boyfriend? Where is Val? 

Matt : Seriously? Val is at work. Night shift- reason behind the dry spell. 

Lacey : Yes. Sorry dude, I won't be the one to get wet for you. No offense. 

Matt : It's not even like that. I was kidding about the porn thing. 

Lacey : Ok, cool. (: 

Matt : R U bored? 

Lacey : Yeah. R U?

Matt : Hell Yes. How about I come over with some booze? 

Lacey : Uh...where's your kid?

Matt : His Aunt Michelle's house. Stayin the night. 

Lacey : I guess you can. As long as we don't get in trouble. 

Matt : we won't. Where are you? 

Lacey : the hotel next to the beach. The one that's only like 20 minutes away from your house. I'm in room 27. 

Matt : I'll be there soon. 

Lacey : I'll be waiting. (:
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, not much going on. The next chapter will be interesting though.