Fake a Heartbreak

o16. Stop the Tears

Lashawna's POV

I came back to her. I came back to finish this deal and earn my respect. At least, that's what I kept telling myself. She couldn't imagine the guilt I felt when she rolled over and revealed her red, swollen tear soaked face to me. I couldn't help but to feel like the biggest fucking bitch alive just for making her cry! I know this is only a deal, but maybe I could at least put a smile back on her face. I'd like to see her smile. When I pulled away from our hug, she immediately looked straight into my eyes. Viktoria sniffled a little causing a clinging tear to fall down her cheeks.

"Hey, " I whispered, catching the running tear with my thumb. "no more crying, alright?" Closing her eyes she nodded quickly, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Good girl, that earns you a treat, huh?" I asked happily, tapping the tip of her nose. I smiled when she smiled and nodded.

"Alright, close your eyes, Vik." I whispered quietly, reaching down to link our fingers together. She nodded, then her big brown orbs disappeared as she closed her eyes. My cold fingers skimmed across her blushing cheeks, lightly.

"Lashawna, thank you." Viktoria sighed, parting her pink lips. I smiled and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Get some rest Vik, I'll see you tomorrow." I whispered gathering my stuff and looking back at her once last time. She was laying under the covers now, her eyes closed. I smiled and closed the door quietly as I left.