Status: still writing this(:

Let's Get This Party Started

Chapter FIVE. five. FOUR. No wait, FIVE.

Alex’s POV:
Lunch with Jack was pretty awkward. He was thinking and I was thinking, about what, neither of us knew for the other. It was occasionally filled with a common ‘How’s School?’ or ‘What are you doing to Thanksgiving?’ but that was about it. I couldn’t stop thinking about my dream. Jack was the mystery boy I couldn’t get over. I didn’t even think I was into boys, let alone Jack. I guess he was pretty good looking. He dressed pretty cool, I couldn’t stop thinking about his eyes though. Someone about me, I was in love with those eyes. Not him, his eyes.
Was I? I mean, no. I couldn’t like Jack. At all, we were best friends. That would just be plain awkward. I mean, it was a little awkward during lunch. I could feel his eyes on mine and any time his eyes weren’t on me, mine were on him. What made it even it weirder was I felt self-conscious of myself whenever he looked at me. Like, my hair would be too messed up, or I had something on my mouth or face. It was as if I had to look good around him. I never thought about my appearance while around him. Why was I just starting this now? All because of a dream? I couldn’t believe it, but I still couldn’t get him out of my head.
Jack’s POV:
Well, lunch couldn’t have been weirder. There was like no talking, and I kept catching him staring at me. I’m not so innocent though. I was also starring at him. I couldn’t believe I couldn’t get this kid out of my head. We are best friends; best friends don’t think this about the other. Plus, Alex would probably think I’m a freak. I mean it isn’t like Alex, but I don’t know how he feels. Shit, I don’t even know how I feel at this point. I could like him, but it might just be a freaky thought. We instantly click as friends. I would think if I liked him even more, I would’ve felt that way instantly.
I realized I couldn’t think this and just decided to text Alex to come over to play some GTA or something and we could forget that ever happened.
-Hey come over and play some XBOX? You can stay over, mom doesn’t care.-
It was nerve wrecking waiting for his reply, why I couldn’t tell you. Maybe I was feeling like I could be rejected. But, he wouldn’t say no. I don’t know why he would at least. Something could be going on, but what if he was lying about it? Why am I acting like this. Alex Gaskarth is your best friend and you have nothing to worr-.
-Sure, I have to help my mom with some stuff first. Be over in 30?-
Okay, this was fine. Thirty minutes would give me a chance to clear my head about all this nonsense that was going through it all.
-K, doors unlocked. I’ll be downstairs.-
I was relieved that he said yes, just nervous that tonight will be as bad as lunch. I would have to wait and see.
~~~
Alex got here about five minutes ago and he acted as if today’s lunch never happened. I was relieved at that, because I didn’t want it to be awkward, and he seemed cool about it all, so I couldn’t argue, and also it made me feel more comfortable. It was going to be fun tonight.
We were about a half hour into the night when my parents went out and left us home alone. I offered to cook a pizza and he agreed and while I cooked the pizza he sat on the couch and began flipping through the various channels. I could tell because while I was in the kitchen I could hear it going from news reports to what sounded like American Idol reruns. I eventually heard it stop. He settled on SpongeBob. This made me smile, here, two juniors hanging out cooking a pizza, and watching a yellow sponge who likes to blow bubbles.
“Hey, do you want cheese, sausage, or pepperoni?” I shouted from the kitchen.
“Whatever’s fine.” I heard him call back, so I threw in a pepperoni pizza and headed into the living room greeted with Alex’s laughter towards the show. It was the episode where Patrick began to take work at the Krusty Krab. He was at the part where he was taking calls. I had to admit this episode even made me laugh.
I sat down on the couch next to him, he didn’t seem to notice nor be bothered by it, and so I started conversation.
“So, do you want to have a scary movie marathon tonight or just play video games until we pass out?”
“I don’t know, I kind of want to watch the movies. That cool?”
“Yeah man. Either’s fine with me.” I said, and returned to watching the show.
About twenty minutes later, the pizza buzzer went off and I took it out, got us some drinks, and put it in front of us. We finished watching the kid’s show and I ran upstairs returning with a stack of movies. I had everything from Scream, Halloween, Friday the 13th, to the Grudge. I also all the entire series of each. We decided to start off with Halloween. It was our favorite. We had probably had about five movie nights with Halloween since we’ve begun to hang out.
~~~
After the first two, I put in the most recent one. I had just gotten in from my mom for a good grade on a test. I don’t know why I didn’t have it before; I probably just didn’t want to pay for it. It was all new to both of us, and quite creepy. This dude never dies. It got to a really suspenseful scene and I felt Alex rest his head on my shoulder. I felt him look at me as he did so. I didn’t make any reaction, and let him keep it there. I wasn’t going to say it was okay with me, because even though it was I didn’t want to make it awkward again and make him pull away. While scene carried on, his head remained on the shoulder, but I felt him get closer to me, and if snuggling up for safety. I didn’t mind of course, but it did get me to think of Alex more in a likable way. I began to think if he got more close. I could set my head on his. That was way to mushy though, but maybe it wasn’t. I couldn’t think any further because I felt Alex hide his head in my chest and I chuckled to myself.
“Ya know man, I can turn it off, we can watch something else if you want.”
“No it’s fine; I’m cool, just as long as I got you I will be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was a tidbit long, but if I cut if off before they hung out at Jack’s it would be too short. Or if it didn’t seem right to cut it through them hanging out and putting it in a new chapter. I dunno. Comment, gimme input. Watch Glozell on YouTube, she’s fucking hilarious. That was Random. Okay. I’m going to stop babbling now. Hope you liked it.. <3 <3 <3 hearts. Hearts. Hearts.
Checked on This on June 6, 2011. I have 69 readers for this chapter.. I'm pretty proud.