Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Thirteen

“Congratulations?” Stacey says more as a question than a statement. “Uh, thanks. I think.” They hear the front door open and in walks in Jack. Alex wraps up the pregnancy test in a paper bag and throws it away. “Hey Stace, what were you two doing in there?” Jack asks. “Why are you back from work so early?” Alex asks Jack. Shit, Jack didn’t think of that. “Uh, I’m gonna go now.” Stacey grabs slips her shoes on leaves. Powder could feel tension in the air and runs into her kennel. “I asked a question first.” Jack says. “Gee Jack, I’ve been puking my guts out for the past three days. Stacey was actually here to help me while you go to ‘work’.” “I was at work.” “Then why were you only gone for two hours? I’m sure your shift would take a lot longer than that.” “Well it was a slow day.” “Jack, are you cheating on me?” Alex asks. “Why would you ask that?” Jack says. “Because I got a call right before you left saying that you got the job and your first day isn’t until tomorrow.” Alex crosses his arms. Jack just stood there. “Are you Jack?” Alex asks again. “No.” “Get out.” “What?” “Get out of this damn house or I’m calling the cops.” Jack turns around and walks out of the house. He takes the ring out of his pocket. What the fuck was he supposed to do now?



Rian opens the door to see Jack on the other side. “Where’s Alex?” he asks. “He kicked me out.” “What?” He looks behind Rian to see Zack sitting on the couch with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in his lap. “Do you live here now?” He asks Zack. “Pretty much. Where’s Alex?” Rian asks again. “Again, he kicked me out. Can I come in?” Rian steps in letting Jack step inside. “Why?” Zack asks. “He thinks I’m cheating on him.” Jack says. “Are you..” Zack looks at him. “No! I love Alex with everything I have. I would never cheat on him.” Jack tells the two. “Does he know that?” Rian asks. “He does, but now he doesn’t believe it. He’s been sick the past few days so he might just be going crazy I don’t know.” “Sick with what?” Zack asks. “I don’t know. He’s been throwing up the past few days. He doesn’t have a fever or anything and I don’t think it’s food poisoning.” Jack tells them. Rian and Zack look at each other with wide eyes. They know what’s going on. “Oh and” Jack pulls the rings box out of his pocket. “I was going to propose to him tonight during dinner but I don’t think that’ll happen anymore.” Rian and Zack’s eyes widen. “Wow, how much was that?” “One grand.” “Go back and make things right with Alex. Go!” “He doesn’t want to talk to me. I’ll just wait till tomorrow. Zack, can I stay at your place tonight since you’re here with Rian?” “Yeah sure.” Zack gives Jack his keys to his apartment. “Thanks.”



That night Alex tossed and turned in bed. He hated sleeping in suck a big empty bed. He wanted Jack to be there with him. He needed Jack. “I’m sorry buddy.” He rubs his belly. He sighs and tries to fall asleep. But instead he gets up and runs to bathroom. To throw up again. If he’s going to throw up ten times a day for the next nine months then this pregnancy wouldn’t be fun at all.



Jack comes home early the next morning hoping that Alex was still sleeping. He walks up the stairs. Powder jumps up and starts following him up the stairs. “Fuck, shit, go away.” Jack whispers. Powder keeps following up the stairs. He walks into his room and Alex wasn’t in bed. But he hears the shower running so that should buy him some time to pick up some clean clothes and leave. He grabs a pair of skinny jeans, boxers, socks and a white v neck. The shower turns off. Shit. Jack quietly closes the drawer and turns around to head for the door. But before he can get out of the room the bathroom door opens. “Hi Powder.” Alex says. She starts to bark. “No, be quiet.” Alex looks up to see Jack going down the stairs. “Jack wait!” Alex calls out. Jack stops and Alex quickly puts clothes on. He didn’t know if the clothes he put on were dirty or clean. He didn’t really care though. “Can we talk?” “What is there to talk about?” Jack asks. “Jack I have something to tell you..” “What? That you were wrong about me cheating?” “No, well I mean yeah I was wrong but there’s something else.” “No, Alex, there is nothing else.” Jack starts to walk down the stairs again. “Jack I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for subscribing/commenting! I'm probably planning to update once a week around the weekends. So like an update every Friday or Saturday.