Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Twenty Three

One month later, two and a half months pregnant

“Have you guys gotten any word from Zack yet?” Jack asks. “Nope.” Rian says through the phone receiver. They still had no idea where Zack was. He still used his cell phone because his connection was still on. “Where the hell would he have gone?” Alex asked. They’ve checked everywhere. They went to his parents’ house, his grandparent’s house, his apartment, everyone of his friends’ house and he was nowhere. Alex sighs “I hope he’ll be back before the baby comes. That’s the least he can do.” Alex and Jack walk Sit on their couch in their dark home. Alex walks upstairs into their room quietly. Jack stayed downstairs to let Powder outside. She’s been getting herself into a bunch of trouble lately. From peeing on the carpet to biting the couch. Jack realized that having a dog wasn’t a good idea with a baby on the way. “No, get out there.” Jack lightly kicks powder’s side. After closing the door he walks upstairs. “God damn it’s hot.” He mumbles before turning the air conditioning on. The weather shouldn’t be this hot during mid-August. He looks into the spare room, which would be the baby’s room in about six and a half months. He turns around into his and Alex’s room where he finds Alex laying on the bed with his face in the pillows. “Hey babe.” Jack says as he lays on the bed next to Alex. He hears a muffled sound come from Alex. “What?” Jack looks at Alex with a confused look. Alex lifts his head and says “Leave me alone.” and he puts his face back into the pillow. “What’s wrong?” Jack puts his head next to Alex’s “Just leave me alone Jack.” “No. Alex, you need to tell me what’s wrong.” Alex walks to the bathroom, closes and locks the door. “Alex, you’re going to tell me.” “No I won’t.” “Yes you are. I’m going to get the drill and drill the doorknob off and I will open this door.” Jack gets up from the bed and sits next to the bathroom door. “So, babe, what’s wrong?” Jack asks again. “I feel like this is all my fault.” Alex says quietly. “What’s your fault?” Jack responds. “This. Zack leaving and everything.” “It isn’t your fault, Alex.” “It isn’t his sisters, he loves her too much.” “Alex, it isn’t your fault, or his sisters. He’s just getting overwhelmed by everybody getting pregnant. Not just you or his sister, but those sixteen year olds on that one MTV show. Pretty much everybody is getting pregnant now because they’re too stupid to know what a condom or birth control is.” “You just called yourself stupid.” Alex says from the other side of the door. “That isn’t the point. But Zack’s just getting overwhelmed by people. I’m sure it isn’t your fault.” Jack hears a click from the door unlocking. Alex sits down next to Jack. “I just want him back. That’s all I want.” Alex puts his head on Jack’s shoulder. “I know. I do too. But the person that wants him most is Rian. Just think if I left you. Think about how you would feel. Right now we need to find Zack for Rian.” Alex nods because he knows Jack was right.

The next day Jack had to go to work. Which meant that Alex would be home alone for the majority of the day. “What should I do today?” Alex paces around his house due to boredom. Everybody had work today so nobody could hang out. “If Zack decided to stay we could hangout today but he just had to run away.” Alex mumbles. He draws circles with his finger on his small baby bump. He’s ten weeks pregnant, with only another twenty eight to thirty weeks to go. “I swear to god if Zack isn’t here by the time you’re born, he’s not going to be your uncle.” Alex says to his belly. He mopes around the house until he decides it’s a good idea to look at baby furniture. Once he finds his laptop he goes onto Babies “R” Us. After scanning the site for a good half hour, he comes to the conclusion that he’ll give the baby a jungle themed room. Even if the baby wouldn’t really know or care, but it’s just for Alex’s amusement. He also realized that he needed to baby-proof the house. Add gates to the stairs, add locks to the cupboards and god only knows how much more.

After another half hour or so, Alex hears the door open and close “Hello?” Alex calls. “Hey, I’m on my lunch break so I decided to come here.” Jack says as he slips off his shoes. “Well if I knew you were coming for lunch I would’ve made something for you.” Alex closes his laptop and walks over to Jack. “Sorry.” Jack presses his lips to Alex’s. “What were you doing on the laptop?” Jack asks. “Oh I was looking at things for the baby. Like cribs and diaper changing tables.” “Did you find anything you liked?” “Yeah, can we have a jungle themed nursery?” “If it’s a boy.” “It won’t matter if it’s a boy or a girl. It’s for our amusement, they won’t have any idea what the hell is going on.” Alex tells Jack. Jack instead of listening grabs some stuff to make a sandwich. “I don’t know, I really don’t care to be honest.” Jack says as he grabs a piece of bread from the bag. “Why? I don’t want to have the nursery how I want it but have you not like it.” “I’ll love it even if it’s a boy with a princess castle room or a girl with transformers on the wall.” Jack turns around to where Alex was and he kisses him. “I gotta go, I don’t wanna be late.” Right as Jack walks out the door the phone rings. “Hello?” Alex answers. “Hey.” The voice from the other line says. “I’m sorry, but who’s this?” “Alex, it’s Sam.”