Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Twenty Six

Right when Jack left for work, Alex decided to call Sam. “Hello?” “Sam?” “Alex, whats up?” Sam says with a smile on his face. “Uh, Jack told me to call you so I did.” “Oh, yeah. So I think he told you that I moved back to Baltimore.” “Yeah, he did.” “Yeah, so do you think you could help me find some places to live? I’ve been having some trouble.” “Uh, I guess so.”

Alex drives over to where Sam was staying. “Thanks. I really have no idea where to start.” Sam says. He looked exactly the same. Same chocolate brown hair and sea blue eyes. “No problem. So where do you wanna look? In the city? In some nice neighborhood? There’s many places.” Alex tries to make conversation. “I really don’t care. Just a nice place in my price range.” Sam says. Alex had no idea where nice apartments were. The only nice places was where Zack used to live. Hell, that place wasn’t even that nice. “Are you looking for a townhouse or an apartment?” Alex tried to make that painful silence disappear. “Apartment.” Sam replies. Alex totally gives up on making conversation and just drives to Zack’s old apartment. “This place is nice. It fits my budget too.” Sam says while walking around the room. “Yup.” Alex takes out his phone. “Hey, I came home for lunch and you weren’t home. where are you?” A text from Jack said. Alex decided not to respond because he wasn’t really in the mood to start something with Jack. “You gonna take it?” Alex asks. “Yeah, probably.”

Once Alex got dropped off Sam at Sam’s friends house he went home. He pulls into his driveway and sees Jack’s car. “Fuck.” Alex says. He walks into the house “Jack?” Alex calls out. “Where the fuck have you been?” Jack asks. “Looking for apartments with Sam.” “Why?” “Because he’s moving back to Baltimore and he needs somewhere to stay.” Alex had no idea why Jack was overreacting. Sam needed a place to stay and Alex would never leave Jack, let alone cheat on him. “But why would you help him in the first place?” “Because I’m being nice, Jack. Come on, you know I would never do anything with him.” “I know you won’t. But.. I just don’t like you spending time with him. I don’t want him to hurt you again.” “He won’t. I won’t let him break down my guard.” “I can’t fully believe you, Alex.” “Well that just sucks doesn’t it?” Alex walks up the stairs and slams the bedroom door shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so the side fic about Rian and Zack is going to be up in by the next chapter.