Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Twenty Seven

Jack didn’t really wanted to start with anything so he goes to Rian’s. “You’re here pretty much everyday now. What do you want this time?” Rian asks as he sits on the sofa. “I don’t know. Alex and I got in a fight.. again.” “Again?” Rian looks at him. “Yeah. I don’t know. Ever since Zack left we’ve been getting into pointless arguments. Zack was his best friend and then he just.. left.” Jack looks at the ground. “I don’t know. I hope Zack comes back soon. I doubt he’s gone for good. He cares about Alex too much.” Rian says. “He cares about you a lot too, Ri.” Jack reassures Rian. “I know, but, Zack and Alex have a close relationship. Before you moved here it was always them two. I was just a third wheel.” Rian shakes his head. “Ri, he’ll be back before the baby is born.” “Yeah, but that’s another six months or so away.” “Those six months will go by fast. Soon enough you’ll be sitting here watching Cake Boss and before you know it you’ll get a panicked call from me screaming that the baby is coming.” “It would be faster if Zack were here..” Rian mumbles. “Hey, maybe Zack will come back before the baby will come. Who knows.” “I really do hope you’re right, Jack. I really do.”



“Jack.” Alex tries to wake Jack up. “Jack, wake up.” Alex slaps his shoulder. “Jack Bassam Barakat wake your lazy ass up.” Alex grabs a pillow and slams it against Jack’s head. “What?” Jack moans. “Sam’s here.” “What?” Jack darts up. “Just kidding. But I talked to him. I told him that Zack left.” “You did what now?” Jack raises his voice. “Yeah, and Sam said that he knows someone who can find him.” “Alex, Zack just needs his space. Don’t force Zack out of hiding.” Jack rubs his eye and yawns. “Yeah, but come on. I’m lonely as fuck all the time. Rian’s left at home moping around eating tubs and tubs of ice cream. You’re.. still Jack. But I mean come on!” Alex whines. “No, Alex. Just leave it.” “Fuck you. I miss my best friend but no you just have to get me pregnant and then he just has to leave.” Alex nags as he sits on the edge of the bed. “Ugh, are you really blaming this on me?” “Yes. I’m pregnant and hormonal. And I want a doughnut.” “No, I’m not making you any. And I’m not going to buy you any either.” “Fine. Let your pregnant boyfriend go get some. That’s cool.”

Alex walks into the grocery store. “What else do we need…” Alex paces around the store. “Milk, eggs, fruit, doughnuts.” Alex mumbles to himself. Alex looks at his phone as he pushes the shopping cart around. He feels a thump. “Oh shit. Sorry about that.” Alex says “Oh yeah that’s fine.” A girls’ voice says. Alex looks up “Jess?” “Alex? It’s been forever since I last saw you!” “Yeah, how are things?” Alex asks. “Good, how about you? You still with Jack?” “Everything’s great. We’re getting married in a year or two and we’re having a kid.” “Congrats. Anyways it was nice talking to you. Oh, here’s my number.” Jess rips out a sheet of paper and jots her number on it. “Yeah, see ya.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The fic about Ri and Zack is right here