Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

What You Do

The only thing that made the new week seem a lot more at ease for Ellie was that Natasha had finally come back home. As soon as Ellie found out that her best friend was right outside the front door, the brunette ran out to meet her and the two began to catch-up.

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and the two of them spent most of the morning browsing around the town shops. They were now sitting outside of a little coffee shop that they always turned to when they needed a little pick-me-up. As they continued their catch-up conversations, Natasha exclaimed, “I can’t believe you’ve been seeing Harry!”

“Nat, don’t yell that out,” Ellie said, calming her friend down from the excitement.

Natasha pouted and drank her coffee. “So you two have been seeing each other frequently?”

Ellie nodded. “We hung out every day last week…”

“You two will get together in no time,” said Nat, resting her elbows on the little table and leaning her head against her fist. “I’m so jealous.”

“Don’t be jealous, it’s hard work… trying not to get into the papers and news,” Ellie said, shaking her head. “But I guess it’s alright.”

“What do you mean alright? You should be beaming right now! You should feel lucky to be this close to the prince… you should be out there making other girls jealous! Like me!”

The two girls looked at each other and laughed, taking another sip of coffee. “I missed you so much Nat.” The outspoken blonde looked at her best friend and smiled. “I missed you too Brin. And just to add to the Harry bit, just be true to yourself. I don’t want to see headlines with your name and a lie afterward.

Ellie grinned and nodded her head. The two of them continued their day together by doing more shopping out in the town square and taking a train to Bristol to do a little more shopping. Ellie missed the feeling of having a girlfriend around and with Nat back around, she didn’t have to dwell around in her bedroom, over-thinking about her many problems. She had a tendency of doing that.

After spending the whole day together, Nat and Ellie were now walking back to Ellie’s grandparents’ house with bags hung over their shoulders and multiple handles clasped in their hands. It was close to 10.30 at night and they couldn’t care less. With their arms linked, they walked together and laughed about the things they remembered about the day. As they reached the front step of Ellie’s grandparents’ house, she saw a figure on the porch, leaning against the pillar.

“Ellie?”

Coming out from the darkness, there stood Harry in casual attire. His messy, ginger hair wasn’t at its best but that’s when Ellie liked it a lot more. She looked up and instantly, she beamed. “Harry! What are you doing?”

“I’m sorry!” He said, as the girls walked up to him. Natasha, at this point, was squealing quietly and only Ellie heard. She nudged her best friend and said, “Harry, this is Natasha, my best friend.”

“Nice to meet you,” he said, giving her a nod and welcoming smile.

Nat unlinked arms with Ellie and bowed before him. “Nice meeting you too, your Royal Highness.”

Harry, with open arms, replied, “Please, you don’t have to do that from this moment, on. Call me Harry from now on.” And Natasha started shaking her head as she went in for Harry’s friendly hug. Once they pulled away, the ginger went towards Ellie and kissed her forehead. “Look, I’m leaving tomorrow on a trip to Australia for another charity event…”

“Come inside,” she said, pulling his arm. He stopped her and faced her towards him. “I can’t. I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to come…”

She looked at him and then looked at Nat. “I can’t Harry,” she retorted, shaking her head, “Nat just came home and we have class tomorrow. Sorry, I can’t come with you.”

The ginger stared at her and looked down. “I’m going to be gone for a few days, Ell.”

“I’m sorry Harry. School is way too important right now.”

He nodded. “Alright, well, I’ll talk to you later then? Maybe when I get back home…” He gave Ellie one last look before walking passed her and past the front gate. Ellie rolled her eyes and turned to Nat and said, “Sorry. I need to see what’s wrong with him.”

She dropped her bags on the front step and ran after Harry.

“Harry! Wait!” She called out for him and he stopped. He turned around with his hands in his pockets and looked at Ellie. “What’s the matter? Can’t we talk about this?” she asked as soon as she stopped right in front of him.

“I want you to come with me Ellie,” he said softly.

She looked up at him. “I can’t. I have scho-”

“School, right,” he said, sighing. “I’ll see you when I get back okay, Ellie?”

Before she could respond, Harry leaned forward and reached for her cheek, kissing the top of her forehead. He turned his heel and walked away into the darkness until Ellie couldn’t see him or hear his footsteps. She stood there, dumbfounded and bit down on her bottom lip. Harry isn’t the type of guy to just do this, she thought. She hugged herself as she slowly turned around and walked back to her nain and taid’s. As she reached the front gate, her phone went off.

Ginger Boy
Sorry. You know sometimes it’s alright to runaway with someone who will take care of you. Quit being scared Ellie. I care about you… a lot. Know that. See you when I get back. X
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the lack of updates. I'll probably update tomorrow night or Sunday and have 2 updates on Monday for you guys. Don't be mad at me! AAHH lol, love you guys!