Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

How Could I Forget

“We’re just dating,” Ellie answered. She was sitting at her usual table in the library when the same group of girls that previously talked to her about Harry months ago asked if the two of them were together. The girls shook their heads and asked, “What’s the different between dating and being in a relationship?”

“You tell me. You’re all around 23, right? You should know…”

They shook their heads and walked away, leaving Ellie alone with her books. She rolled her eyes as she stuck her head into the Chemistry book, rereading the same paragraph about the organic chemistry lesson.

It was the last week of June and Ellie had finals coming up. Holiday would be starting the 2nd week of July and she couldn’t wait any longer. She had bought her ticket to Uganda for the summer-long trip to work with doctors give vaccinations. Ellie was beyond excited and she needed school to end now.

Her and Harry made a decision to only see each other two to three times a week, since the month was a very busy one for the both of them. Harry had charity events and his royal duties to attend to and as for Ellie she had her books and exams.

As for being made public, Harry released to the press that he was indeed dating a girl. He decided to not give away Ellie’s name away since the two of them weren’t an official couple. The day he told the reporters, it became front page news the next.

Ginger Boy<3
I miss you X

Ellie smiled as she looked down at her phone. She rested her head on her hand and replied back to Harry. He was always impatient when it came to text messaging.

Miss you too! What are you doing? X

Ginger Boy<3
Having lunch with my gran. I’ve been telling her stories about you and she wants to meet you. X

Ellie’s eyes widened. He just told her his gran wanted to meet her. She smiled. Then she remembered that his gran was the Queen of England! Ellie’s eyes remained at widened, still in a state of shock. She had never imagined having the chance to meet the Royal family. But she guessed being intimately close to a prince, she had all the chances in the world. It was becoming too surreal too quick.

Wow I’d love to meet her! Xx, she replied as she shut her book.

Ginger Boy<3
How about next weekend? X

Harry… I can’t. Major studying to do. :( X


While waiting for his reply, Ellie stuffed her books into her book bag; it was time for her to go home and call it a day. As she held her phone in one hand, she grabbed the straps of her bag with the other and walked away from her favorite table. She reached the large, glass doors and said bye to the library.

Ginger Boy<3
I can’t wait until finish that semester! I need more time with you! Xx

She grinned as she walked outside and felt that warm burst of air hit her face. It was definitely that good June weather she enjoyed. Taking slow steps down the stairs, she quickly replied back to Harry.

Ahh so do I babes! Can’t wait to see you again! XxXx

Ellie walked away from the university library and walked down the pavement towards her home. Her old home. She often wondered what happened to it. The cottage was located a few miles from the university and her grandparents’ new house. It had a barricade of bushes surrounded the front of it and hoped it would still be there.

She looked down as she turned the final corner onto the road of her old home. As her shoes clicked on the pavement and the sun shining down she felt the sudden nervousness ease a bit.

From a far, she saw the bushes. She began walking a lot faster and hoped the cottage still looked the same. Ellie could remember it perfectly. The exterior was a cream white with a Celtic green trimming. The front yard was surrounded by that wall of tamed bushes and had flowers peeking out in between. It was perfect.

Finally, she reached it. She faced the cottage with a disappointed look on her face. The cottage wasn’t the same little cottage it was when she was 12 years old. It was revamped, renewed, and reconstructed. Ellie felt her lip quiver as she stared at it, but then she remembered… the old cottage had burned down.

Pulling her phone from her pocket, she quickly dialed Harry’s number.

“’Ello babe,” he said, with a welcoming tone.

Ellie shut her eyes and turned away. “How could I forget Harry?”

She had come to realize that the more and more time she focused on her studies and on Harry, the less she remembered her past. Never in a million years would she have forgotten about the life she missed. Her past was everything to her because it was the happiest times she ever experienced. Ellie was angry with herself; she walked down the pavement with her phone against her ear, crying to Harry quietly.

As he tried to comfort her over the phone, she shook her head and ignored everything he said. “I’m forgetting Harry! How could I forget everything! What’s happening?”

“Ellie!” he screamed over the phone, getting her to stop and calm down. And she did. Ellie stopped walking and took a deep breath as she wiped her eyes. “What Harry? What’s happening to me?”

“Listen to me…” Harry said, “You are moving on.”

“What do you mean?”

“Before, you were still stuck in the past. You never let go of anything that reminded you of your mum or your dad or your childhood. But look, ever since I came into your life you’ve become a lot happier and you’re moving on…”

Ellie whimpered and said to him, “I don’t want to forget about them Harry.”

“You’re not going to forget about them. You’ll always have those memories… you just need to let go of your grasp on your past because that’s what is holding you from being truly happy. I swear to you Ellie.”

By the time he finished talking, she felt her whole jaw quiver in unison of her body. Ellie shut her eyes as she pressed her back against a fence and slid down, planting her bottom on the pavement. She held her phone close to her ear to hear Harry’s comforting voice. As tears fell from her eyes, she managed to say, “I need you...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Starting tomorrow, I will be getting into the whole 2 updates-a-day thing. Tomorrow is my last AP test. YAY! I'm so freakin' happy because I'm so tired of it. I really can't wait until the month ends and the whole school year to end. FML Let me know you think of this chapter. I know, I know... it sucks. Every other chapter will be sort of a filler because I'm kind of losing a sense of imagination right now since my brain is all TESTS TESTS TESTS. It'll all be over soon everyone! Comments!