Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

Meeting The Royals

“Dad, Camilla, Gran, and everyone else… this is Ellinor Taylor.” Harry’s arm slid around the back of Ellie’s waist and gently pulled her to his side. He looked at her and grinned, then looked back at his family and hoped they would accept her. Ellie, who was worried as hell, stood with a slight wobble and a trembling smile. Despite her nervousness, she took a step forward and clasped her hands in front of her and smiled at them. “Hello, feel free to call me Ellie.”

The Royals stood a good distance away from Harry and Ellie. They mumbled amongst themselves and turned to look at the brunette with ear-to-ear smiles. At this point, Ellie was intimidated, thinking they wouldn’t approve. She turned her head to look at Harry and whispered to him, “What do I do?”

His blue eyes looked back at her and leaned down, whispering into her ear. “Walk up to them and curtsey before them.”

“I’m not wearing a dress or a skirt…” she replied, bringing her hand up to her mouth and began biting on her nails. Harry pressed his lips against Ellie’s temple and stood up straight once again. He looked at his family and gave them an impatient look. From their distance, Will gave Harry a nod and whispered to their gran.

The silence between them was much more than awkward. Ellie looked down at her shoes and at the glossy, tiled floors. She was standing inside the Buckingham Palace, before the Royals and they haven’t said a word. She did a sigh of sorrow and shook her head. If they weren’t going to say anything to her, she was going to leave.

Just as she was about to turn her heel and run away, Her Majesty The Queen spoke up in her soft, gentle voice. “Ellinor… Ellie, welcome to our home! It’s a great pleasure to finally meet you.”

Ellie’s eyes widened as The Queen spoke before her. With those comforting and welcoming words coming from Her Majesty, it made Ellie feel less intimidated. She took a few steps forward and once she was standing in front of the Royals, who were lined up, she curtsied and said hello in a dearer manner.

“You don’t know how much Harry has told us about you. He and I had brunch together forever ago and he said how happy you made him,” whispered The Queen to Ellie. The brunette blushed and smiled. “He makes me quite happy too.”

As Ellie went down the line, the family kept mentioning to her how much Harry has bragged about her. They were happy to be finally meeting the girl that makes the young prince so content. They were accepting and welcomed her with open arms.

Kate pulled Ellie into a hug and said to her, “I’m glad we can finally meet! It’s nice to have another young adult here with me.” Ellie nodded and continued on with the conversation with Kate while the rest made their way to the dining hall.

While Ellie and Kate talked about shopping, she felt Harry’s arms slide around her waist from behind which was a sign for Kate to walk away with William at that point. Ellie spun around and snaked her arms up his arms and clasped behind his neck.

He pressed his forehead against hers and stared into her brown eyes. “They already love you.”

“They do?” She asked, hopeful.

Harry nodded. “They have a tendency to love the people I love as well…”

Ellie paused and looked at him, blushing slightly. “You love me, Harry?”

“Of course, I do. You’re beautiful, amazing, gifted, and driven to your studies. How can I not love you?”

The two of them couldn’t help but stay quiet. With their eyes locked, a million thoughts ran through their minds. Ellie was thankful and she couldn’t ask for anyone better than Harry. On the other hand, the ginger prince knew Ellie brought out the best in him. They both needed each other and they were glad that whatever brought them together got them together; whether it had been fate, destiny, or the unexpected… they were grateful.

“I love you too Harry.”

His smile leaned down upon hers and shared a kiss. Her hands, clasped behind his neck, began running through the bottom bits of his hair, lightly tugging on them. Harry smirked into the kiss and grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him. Their kiss was just like any other kiss but they had their very own way of making it special.

“Ahem,” said William, who was standing from the doorway, “sorry to interrupt your little love fest but Ellie, your bedroom is ready. Harry can show you the way.”

“Thank you William.”

Harry took Ellie’s hand and the two of them turned the opposite way, approaching the grand staircase. The palace guards all nodded as the prince walked passed them. They were also being nice and said, “Hello Miss Ellie.”

“Your bedroom was once my nursery…” Harry commented as they walked up the stairs, hand in hand. Ellie giggled. “You were a very, very cute baby.” He turned to look at her and grinned, “Thank you.”

They reached the second floor and as they strolled down the hallway, Harry began showing Ellie the other rooms that were on the same floor. They walked passed many other random bedrooms and bathrooms. Ellie hadn’t seen so many bathrooms on one floor in her whole life; she was truly amazing. Everything was becoming so surreal.

“My family doesn’t actually live here anymore. My father has his own house with Camilla and so does Kate and Will, but I still spend my time here. Since I’m always in and out of the palace, and going around the country, I don’t really need a house of my own. The palace is my only home.”

Ellie smiled as they finally reached her bedroom. She did a little jump of excitement as she opened the door, soon to be exposed of the beautiful bedroom she was going to be sleeping in for the next couple weeks. Speechless, she took a step in and saw her bags in the corner of the room.

Her eyes wandered around the whole interior of the bedroom. She started off with the ceiling; the vintage, royal moldings and artistic designs on it left her amazed. The second greatest things were the furnishings. The bed, itself, was beautiful and big. Ellie ran to it quickly and planted her bottom on the mattress. She continued looking around the room. There was so much in the huge room. The sofa, chairs, and tables gave it the extra emphasis even though there was already a lot of emphasis in the bedroom. Harry watched her as he leaned against the door frame. “You like it?”

Ellie turned to Harry, wide-eyed. “Like it? Harry, ‘like’ is such an understatement. This is beautiful!”

Harry walked passed the door frame and shut the door behind him, locking it. He ran to Ellie and jumped into the bed, laughing. The brunette curled up against him and stared up at the designs on the ceiling. “I love the designs of Queen Victoria…” she said, pointing her finger up above. “She was such an amazing woman.”

“When I was brought home, my baby bed was set here. My mum always took me into her arms and sang me a song that kept me happy.”

“Really? How does the song go?”

He shook his head, “I can’t sing it because I don’t remember it.”

“Do you want to remember it?” Ellie asked, resting her head on his chest.

“Of course. More than anything. My father doesn’t remember, nor does my gran. They said it was just a song my mum made up along the way… I wish I could figure it out.”

Ellie laid her hand on Harry’s stomach and rubbed him gently. “You’ll figure it out someday.”

The two of them rested on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. The chandeliers all glistened with the outside light hitting it in exactly all the right spots. Silence was between them but they didn’t mind.

“Ellie…” said Harry, turning his head to look down at her.

She closed her eyes as she began getting comfortable. Her arms crossed over Harry’s stomach and her whole body was curled into his. When she was finally asleep, the ginger chuckled softly and kissed her forehead before resting his upon hers. “I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think? Let me know!
I'm trying to get back into the swing of writing at least twice a day. Sadly, today isn't going to be one of those days. I took an extremely long power nap and I am still exhausted. I'll try to get in 2 updates tomorrow night. And thank you for subscribing! SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS! I am beyond happy about this. I'm glad you guys are still sticking with me after a week of no updates. Love you!