Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

Now They Know

“Your Royal Highness, how did you two meet,” asked one reporter.

The new couple was surrounded by photographers and reporters as they strolled down the pavement towards the coffee shop. They knew they were risking their privacy by doing this but it was something Ellie wanted and Harry didn’t want to disappoint.

“I took a trip to Cardiff Uni. and accidentally ran into her. We started talking then.”

As they dodged the mean ones, they happily stumbled upon the kind reporters. “Hello Your Royal Highness and Miss. Ellie how are you two this afternoon?”

“We’re good, thanks!” Ellie replied, smiling for a picture. Her hand was laced with Harry’s as they continued to pass them by. “How are you?”

“I’m great, thanks for asking! Do you mind answering one of my questions?”

Ellie nodded, “Of course!”

Harry playfully nudged Ellie on her side. As the reporter pulled out a piece of paper, she scanned her finger down the list and read, “Ellinor, do you think you can handle being with a prince? Are you concerned about having to be deal with his royal duties?”

She smiled as they all continued walking down the pavement. It was surprising how they still managed to follow the couple. Ellie answered, “Well, if Kate could do it, then I’m pretty sure I’m able to as well. I mean, I’ll try to keep up with him!” She looked at Harry and giggled. His arm wrapped around the lower part of her waist and leaned in to whisper, “You really like answering questions?”

“I do Harry,” Ellie said, nodding her head.

The two of them reached the coffee shop and being the sweet couple they are, they kindly asked the swarm of followers to let them be and have their coffee in peace. They took last minute pictures and walked inside, now having to deal with the people inside the shop. “Your Royal Highness,” they all said in unison as they bowed their heads. Harry grinned and went up to shake hands with a few.

They spent a good hour at the shop, drinking their morning cup of coffee and talking to each other. Spectators sat at each table, star struck. A few walked up the prince asking for a photo and asked for Ellie to be in the picture as well. At that moment, she felt content that they were accepting her.

“So you’re going to be fine staying here alone for a few hours?” William and Harry asked Ellie once they found her in the library. She was sitting in the grand, comfortable chair with a book opened on her lap. She nodded and replied, “I’ll be fine. You, Royals, go do whatever you’re supposed to do. I have the guards; they’re fun.”

The princes laughed and fixed the wrist buttons on their long sleeves. “Alright, well I’ll text you later alright, love?”

“Yes, don’t worry about me.” Ellie said, giving her boyfriend a reassuring look.

William turned to look at Harry and gave him a nod. “She’ll be fine Haz. Let’s go. Dad’s going to go mad as usual.” He turned back to Ellie, “Have fun Ell. We’ll see you in a few.”

“Yes, yes, yes.” She stood up and pouted as she reached her arms out for Harry. “See you later.” He smiled and kissed her forehead. William extended his arm out for a hug and after Ellie gave out her hugs, she watched them walk to the door and exit the library.

She sighed and went back to the large chair. She got comfortable once again and opened up the book she had started reading. It was titled, Where I Belong. The story was basically a fairy tale story, telling readers how a young girl fell in love with a prince. It was the typical princess story and Ellie smiled as she flipped through the pages.

While Ellie relaxed in the library alone, reading stories until her hearts content, she looked out the window and saw, yet again, swarms of photographers as they watched the Royal family depart. She watched the black car drive passed the gates with a few other watch cars following behind. Ellie placed her fingertips on the window and smiled to herself.

She turned back around and faced the massive room front-on. After a few weeks in the palace, it was still overwhelming. Ellie placed the book, face down, on the side table and left the library. She slowly walked down the hallway and gave the guards a smile as she reached her temporary bedroom door. As she closed the door behind her, she looked around the room. Ellie flopped on the bed and closed her eyes, soon entering a peaceful nap.

“Ellie?”

A hand ran up her arm and rested on her shoulder. As it lightly shook her, she fluttered her eyes open and winced. “Ellie….”

Once her vision sharpened, she looked at Harry who was smiling at her. “Good evening.”

“Evening,” she asked, tossing on her side and curling up under the blanket.

Harry nodded, “It’s around 5 pm.”

Ellie dug her face into the pillow. “How depressing. I slept through the whole day.” She groaned out loud until she felt Harry hop on the bed and lay down next to her. “It’s alright, Ell. I should have invited you with us.”

“No, no; it’s fine.”

The ginger rested his head on the pillow, facing Ellie. His hand ran up her bare arm and brushed against her cheek. “When do you leave?”

“In two weeks,” she answered.

“What do you want to do with your remaining weeks?”

She half-smiled and closed her eyes again, burying her face into his chest. “I don’t care. As long as I’m with you. I mean, we could do absolutely nothing, but if you’re right here, cuddling next to me, I wouldn’t mind it.”

The ginger smiled and puckered his lips. Ellie giggled softly and looked up at his puckered lips. “You’re adorable.”

“I try,” he whispered.

The two of them lied in bed together, sleeping most of the time and waking up and talking about irrelevant things. It was normal for them. They didn’t have to be all handsy or snog each other until one couldn’t breathe; they admired each other and become 100% comfortable.

In two weeks, Ellie didn’t want to leave to Uganda, but she wasn’t ready to let go of her life-long dream. It was still a part of her.

And Harry didn’t want to let go of Ellie just yet. He needed her to stay with him for just a little bit longer.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)