It Started With A Dare

I Dare You

What had I gotten myself into? For starters, the room full of seniors was a little more intimidating than I first thought. In total there were 3 other guys there besides Bob, and then 4 other girls, including Shelby. I was assuming that they were all couples, seeing as each girl was in the lap of another guy, cuddling close together.

I was currently sat between two couples; one of the guys had short-ish dark brown hair and a lip ring with a black-haired girl on his lap whilst the other guy had a huge brown afro and the girl on his lap was also a brunette. From where I was sat on one of the sofas I could see the other sofa where Bob and Shelby were sat next to another couple; the guy had glasses and looked kind of geeky whilst the girl had flowing blonde hair, but not obviously dyed like Shelby’s.

“So Cassie, I guess I should introduce you to everyone,” Bob started “Well you already know Shelby, and over here is Mikey and Mandy,” he pointed to the couple next to him “And then on your right is Ray and Rachel,” he pointed to the afro dude and the girl on his lap “Then on your left is Frank and Francesca, but we call her Chessie. Oh and then there’s Gerard hiding away in the corner there.”

I looked up at the mention of another person in the room. He was sat on the recliner in the corner and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t noticed him yet. His appearance was similar to the other guys in the sense of clothing whereas he had longer ebony hair and much paler skin. But the thing that intrigues me most was his stunning hazel eyes. They seemed to be glowing in the dimly lit room, swirls of green and flecks of gold mixed into the gorgeous hazel colour.

Soon I realised that everyone was staring at me, including Gerard who had a slight smirk on his face. I blushed before clearing my throat “Oh, uh hi.” I stumbled over my words. They all gave either warm smiles, friendly nods or small waves, whereas Gerard winked at me, shocking me slightly but I brushed it off. It must be something he does to everyone, either that or he’s trying to wind me up.

Once the introductions were over and done with everyone turned their attention back to either their former conversations or to the TV where a horror film was playing, the volume turned down lower than usual. I decided to watch some of the movie; it was a typical horror where the stupid, naïve girl is running away from the bad guy, hiding in stupid places and should have died long ago but instead makes it our alive in the end. Not very interesting in my opinion.

Apparently not everyone was sharing my opinion; Shelby was cuddled deathly close to Bob, hiding her face in his chest during the ‘scary’ parts. I was bored beyond belief, I had no idea why I was even here, or how they could all find this so amusing to spend their nights doing.

“Hmm … I bored!” I heard Frank exclaim from beside me, literally voicing my thoughts.

“Yeah! This movie sucks ass!” Mikey chorused.

“Well what are we going to do instead then?” Rachael questioned. There was silence for a moment whilst everyone thought of something fun to do.

“I know! Let’s play spin the bottle dares!” Frank suggested excitedly.

“Don’t you think we’re a little old for that, Franklin?” I heard someone say. I turned to see that it was in fact Gerard who had spoken. He was smirking slightly at Frank who just seemed to ignore the fact that he’d just taken the piss out of him.

“Oh stop being such an old fart Gerard!” Frank said, waving him off as he stood up (letting his girlfriend get off him first so she didn’t fall) and made his way to the kitchen, probably to get a bottle. We all unwillingly formed a circle on the floor, waiting for Frank to come back with a bottle. He eventually returned carrying an empty vodka bottle and setting it in the middle of our circle.

“I get to go first because I’m special!” Frank said before twisting the bottle, causing it to spin around rapidly. It soon slowed to a stop in front of Bob.

“Hmm Bob I dare you to go and shave your beard, not only because it’s getting kinda caveman-ish but also ‘cause I think you’re getting a bit too attached.” Frank said, grinning. I couldn’t help but giggle a bit at Bob’s mortified expression, but nonetheless he got up and headed upstairs to the bathroom. Minutes later he came back down clean shaven, he then spun the bottle and it happened to land back on Frank.

“Okay Frank, I dare you to tell everyone the truth about what happened at last week’s detention.” Bob smirked at a now ghostly pale Frank.

“Aw you bitch!” Frank shouted before sighing “Fine, while I was sitting there bored out of my mind, Mrs Jackson … kinda … came onto me.” He admitted, causing everyone to burst out laughing.

“Dude! She’s like 50!” Mikey exclaimed, still laughing.

“I hope you told her you were taken.” Chessie said, glaring playfully at her boyfriend.

“’Course I did, you’re the only one for me, Ches.” He said, pecking her lips before turning back to the circle and spinning the bottle. It ended up pointing at Gerard.

“Gerard, I dare you to … kiss Shelby!” Frank exclaimed, making Gerard cringe and Shelby make gagging noises, causing Gerard to flip her the bird.

“No way am I doing that!” Gerard said.

“Yeah, he’s not locking lips with my girlfriend! Dude, you can’t do those kind of dares, everyone’s already in relationships so it’s just wrong.” Bob explained. I watched as Frank’s eyes flickered over to me before grinning.

“Not everyone.” He said, causing everyone to turn and look at me.

“Why’re you all looking at me for?” I mumbled quickly, quite uncomfortable with them all staring at me.

“Gerard, I dare you to kiss Cassie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!

yeah, don't ask about the guys' girlfriend's names haha

comments? i love you forever? :D

xox