It Started With A Dare

Later

Later that day I was at home, in my room doing homework. I swear that the teachers just give us obscene amount of homework just to spite us. Either that or they don’t have a social life of their own so they want to ruin ours. I was about ready to give up on trying to do my chemistry homework when the door bell rang.

Curiously, I stood up from my desk and stepped out into the hall, moving to stand at the top of the stairs where I heard voices. I made out one of them to be Bob and the other to be … Gerard. I guess this is what he meant by later. I decided that I’d had enough of homework for now and headed down the stairs and into the kitchen to get a drink before heading into the living room. Bob was sat on one side of the sofa whilst Gerard stood looking through a stack of DVD’s.

“Hey you guys, what goes on?” I asked them, taking a sip from the can of coke I’d gotten from the fridge.

“Oh hey Cassie, we’re gonna watch some movies, you wanna join us?” Bob asked me. I glanced over at Gerard who’d turned around and was smiling at me.

“Yeah, sure.” I said, taking a seat on the sofa next to Bob, with my legs pulled up against my chest. We waited whilst Gerard put in the first movie of the night, Shutter, before turning the lights out and then taking a seat on the sofa beside me. The movie started up and I began to get quite into the movie, jumping a bit at the scary parts and eventually it was over and Gerard put in the next DVD which was The Ring.

I started out the night with my head on Bob’s shoulder but after 3 movies I ended up snuggled up to Gerard, half on top of him. My eyes had fallen shut a while ago as I didn’t have the energy to keep them open any longer. There was some shuffling from Bob before I heard him stand up.

“It’s pretty late; I better carry her up to bed.” Bob said. He probably thought that I was asleep but I really couldn’t be arsed to set them straight.

“No it’s alright, I’ll take her. You can pick the next movie.” Gerard said. I assumed that Bob had nodded since I soon felt Gerard shift underneath me before standing up with me in his arms. He had to alter my position in his arms and I had to suppress a blush when his hand came into contact with my butt. My head was resting in the crook of his neck as he walked us out of the room and up the stairs where he paused for a moment before entering what I assumed to be my room.

I heard him pull back my covers before gently laying me down on my bed, dragging the covers back and tucking me in. There was silence for a moment and then I felt his hand on my cheek.

“Night Cassie, sweet dreams.” He whispered. The next thing I knew I felt his lips on my forehead, and then the telltale smack as he pulled back. I heard him shuffle back and then the door closing quietly.

I got comfortable underneath my bedding, burying my head in my pillow. I took the time to think about what had happened today, and I realised what a truly great friend Gerard was to me. We had a heck of a lot of fun together and he even had the balls to stand up for me when someone trash talked about me. He really was a great friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is awfully short, but you get the idea :)

Oh and i'm now a prefect at school! Yay me! haha i'm such a dork

Comments?

xox