It Started With A Dare

Dirty Little Secret

It was now the following Monday and after our tutoring session Gerard drove us to the familiar park that he’d taken me to a few weeks back. It was a lot lighter than before, and warmer too so we decided to just walk around for a while. We were talking about a lot of random stuff, things like what we’d do with a million dollars or which body part you’d give to save your life.

“But why would you give away your left leg? You kind of need it to walk.” I said.

“Well yeah but you could just get a fake one, you’d need like a whole animatronic thing if you gave away your arm.” He retorted. Damn, he was right.

“Damn it.” I muttered, hearing him laugh at me afterwards.

“Anyways, enough about losing limbs. Lets talk about something else.” He said.

“Hmm … okay, I know. Do you like anyone at the moment?” I asked him randomly.

“I like a lot of people.” Gerard said, trying to play dumb.

“Yeah but do you like like someone?” I pushed on.

“Maybe.” He replied with a grin.

“I knew it!”

“No you didn’t.”

“Fine I didn’t. So, do I know them?”

“You could say that.”

“Well do they know you like them?”

“No, not like that anyway.”

“You should tell them.”

“Hell no!”

“Come on! What if you died tomorrow and they never knew? Now I demand that you call this chick up and tell her how you feel. If she’s worth it she’ll still stay friends.” I tried to reason with him. I just wanted to see him happy.

“Okay, alright I’ll do it.” He said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone. He gave me a nervous glance before pressing the call button and holding it up to his ear. I was so excited about this, I felt like cupid. And then I got interrupted by my phone in my pocket. Damn it all to hell.

“Hold on, I’m getting a call.” I said, pulling out my phone and turning around to answer the phone, so that I didn’t disturb Gerard.

“Hello?”

“I love you.” A familiar voice said through the phone, and it made me look back at my phone to check. Yep, it was definitely Gerard calling. Slowly, I turned around to face him and he had a completely serious look on his face.

“G-Gerard, that’s not funny.” I stuttered out, watching him warily as he took a few steps closer until he was stood right in front of me.

“I’m not joking.” He said, bringing up a hand to rest on my cheek. Before I had a chance to object he had leaned down and brought his lips to mine. I was literally frozen in shock. Gerard said he loved me, and now he’s kissing me, but do I like him? Who are you kidding? Of course you like him back! I went with my conscience and let my eyes fall shut, I started to move my lips back against Gerard’s.

The kiss was familiar yet completely different from the one we shared in the game of truth or dare, this time there were feelings behind it. I let my phone slip through my fingers and drop to the floor as I started to really get into the kiss, moving my hands to rest against his chest. One of his hands was still cupping my cheek whilst his other was gently gripping my waist.

The kiss only lasted for maybe 10 seconds but it felt like a lifetime, I pulled back from the kiss and looked down at my feet, feeling a blush explode on my cheeks.

“Wow, that was … perfect.” He whispered, stroking my cheek softly with the hand that was still resting there.

“R-Really?” I asked, looking up at him through my bangs.

“Mhmm,” He hummed, ducking down to peck my lips. By now I was pretty sure that my face was the colour of a tomato. “You don’t hate me right?”

“Of course not.”

“Great.” He grinned.

“So … you love me?” I questioned.

“Yeah, I do. But I totally understand that you probably don’t feel that way about me.” He said, his eyes drifting to the floor as his eyebrows knitted together.

“I like you Gerard, I like you a lot.” I said, a small smile on my face. I moved my hands slightly on his chest, feeling the smooth material of his shirt on my finger tips.

“So would you consider maybe being my girlfriend?” He asked hopefully. I held myself back from saying yes right away, as a thought crossed my mind.

“We can’t, Bob would kill me, and you.” I said frowning, letting my hands slip from his chest and trying my best to move back but his hand still on my waist stopped me from getting that far.

“Don’t worry about Bob, he doesn’t have to know.” He said, trying to persuade me.

“He’ll find out eventually.”

“Not if we keep it a secret.”

“Secrets always have a way of getting out.” I murmured.

“Please? Don’t make me get down on my knees and beg, because I will.” This made me break out into a huge grin.

“Okay okay, yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.” I said. He mirrored my grin before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine once again. My hands found their way back to his chest as his slid around my waist, pulling me closer to him as our lips moved against each other slowly.

Gerard and I walked back to his car after talking and kissing a little more. He opened up the passenger side door for me, which made me smile as I got inside. Then he drove off back in the direction of my house. As we were driving I felt him take my hand in his, resting them both on his knee. I looked to the side to see him smiling, making me smile in turn.

“So how’s this gonna work?” I asked him, I knew he’d know what I meant.

“We won’t be able to tell anyone; otherwise it could get back to Bob, and you can imagine how he’d react.” He said, glancing at me before returning his attention to the road.

“So it’ll be sort of like a secret?” I questioned.

“Yeah, our dirty little secret.” He said with a laugh. Soon enough he pulled up outside my house. I checked through the window to see if Bob was in the living room, and he wasn’t, so he was probably in his room. Grinning, I turned back to Gerard and he mirrored my expression, leaning forward and capturing my lips with his. There was still barely any movement in our kisses, but I’m sure he understood that I hadn’t really had much experience with the whole kissing thing.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.” I said once we pulled away from our kiss.

“Yeah, bye Cassie.” He smiled, quickly pecking my cheek before I hopped out of the car. I waved him off and stood outside until I could no longer see his car in the distance. With a spring in my step I walked up to the front door, using the spare key which was located under a flower pot to unlock it, and headed up to my own room.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o Anyone expecting that? haha

so what did you guys think? let me knoooow!

xox