It Started With A Dare

Homecoming

It was the night of the homecoming dance, and I was currently on the phone to Gerard. Bob had gone over to Ray’s to get ready so I had the house to myself.

“So what do you actually do at Homecoming? I’m just curious.” I asked him.

“Well it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. I usually just talk with the guys, maybe dance a bit but I’m not really into that scene, its just one big grind fest out on that dance floor!” Gerard responded, making me laugh.

“Hmm, now I’m pretty sure I made the right decision in staying home.” I said, although my voice betrayed me. I was a little bothered that Gerard was going and I wasn’t, but there wasn’t really anything I could do about it.

“Hey, are you sure you’re alright?” he questioned.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. You should go and have fun.” I answered.

“Okay, if you’re sure. I’ll see you tomorrow, yeah?” We’d planned to go out for the day, since it was Saturday tomorrow.

“Yeah, I’ll see you then. Bye.” I said.

“Bye Cassie, I love you.” He said softly before hanging up the phone. His words made butterflies explode in my stomach and my face felt flushed. It was amazing hearing him saying that to me, but it made me feel bad that I couldn’t say it back to him yet. I haven’t ever been in love before, and when I say it I want to be absolutely certain that it’s the truth.

Sighing, I picked myself up off my bed and walked downstairs to the living room which I had already set up. I’d decided that if I wasn’t gonna go to the dance, I was gonna stay home in my pyjamas and watch sappy romance movies whilst eating ice cream. My pyjamas were the usual tank top and shorts that I always wore, and I’d brought a load of blankets downstairs as well to snuggle up in.

I went and got the ice cream out of the freezer, triple chocolate, of course. With my ice cream in hand I went back into the living room and put on my first DVD, which was Notting Hill. I wrapped one of the blankets around myself and sat down on the sofa, taking the lid off of the ice cream as the movie began to start.

It was about a half hour later that I heard a knock at the door. Who could be here at this time of night? Pausing the movie and putting my ice cream on the coffee table, I stood up and walked to the front door in only my pyjamas. Opening the door, I gasped in surprise.

There stood Gerard, dressed in black slacks and a black button up shirt rolled at the sleeves, a smile adorning his face. And before I had chance to utter a word, he stepped forward and captured my lips with his. Another gasp left my mouth before I began kissing him back, moving my lips in time with his. My arms found their way around his neck and his around my waist, and as the kiss progressed I finally realised that the door was still open and I was in my pjs, so I regretfully pulled away.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in a whisper, our bodies still pressed tightly together as I walked us backwards slightly so that I could close the front door.

“I came to see you. I got to homecoming when I realised that I’d much rather spend this night with you.” He said, kissing my cheek before glancing down at my outfit “Oh, and nice pjs.” He added with a smirk. Glaring playfully at him, I shoved his arm and walked back to the living room with him hot on my tail. I sat back down on my previous seat and motioned for Gerard to sit next to me. Once he did I pulled the blanket over both of us and snuggled up to his side.

“It’s gonna be a chick flick marathon, so you’re gonna have to just grin and bare it, buddy.” I said, pressing the play button to resume watching the movie. Gerard feigned a groan of annoyance before wrapping his arm around my shoulders to pull me closer to him.

We watched a few more movies, and some how I ended up curled up on Gerard’s lap, his arms holding me to him tightly. It was pretty late, I voiced this to Gerard, ironically yawning afterwards. He told me that I should probably go to bed.

“Carry me?” I asked, looking up at him with pleading eyes. He smiled back before reaching his arms under my knees and arms, lifting me up as he got to his feet. I leant against his chest as he carried me up the stairs and to my room, placing me gently under the covers. He then sat on the edge of my bed, brushing the hair out of my face before kissing my lips softly.

“I better go. I’ll see you tomorrow, Cassie.” He said, standing up from the bed but my hand caught his arm before he could go any further. He turned back around, looking at me questioningly.

“Stay with me? Please?” I pleaded. He looked apprehensive and hesitant at first, but after I threw in a puppy dog pout he seemed to give in, well I thought he had.

“But what about Bob? He’d kill me if he found me here.” He said.

“He’s staying at Shelby’s tonight, they’re probably gonna do the dirty so you can leave before he gets back tomorrow.” I said, trying to persuade him. He thought for a few more moments before sighing in defeat. Grinning, I shuffled over in my bed slightly and pulled back the bedding, allowing him to lie down next to me, still fully dressed. I moved closer to him, letting me head settle on his chest with a hand under my chin.

“I love you Cassie.” He whispered, running his fingers through my hair soothingly. I was very nearly asleep when I heard him, so I don’t think I realised what I said next.

“Love you too.” I mumbled before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN! ... kinda :)

What'd you guys think? OMG she told him she loved him! haha

Comments for the poor girl who has to suffer through a history class with morons who call Nirvana stupid emo crap?

xox