It Started With A Dare

I Can Explain

"So what's your excuse for being here this time?" I asked him as he stood on my doorstep.

"We're still studying for your next science test." Gerard responded.

"We don't really have to study, do we?" I questioned.

"Of course not." I grinned up at him as I led him inside, taking a seat on the sofa in the living room.

"So, what do'ya wanna do?" I asked.

"Well for starters, you haven't even greeted me properly." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, leaning over and pecking his lips.

"There. Now what?"

“How about we watch a movie?” He suggested. “Just don’t make me sit through another chick flick, for the love of God.”

Giggling, I got up and looked through the stack of movies by the TV, picking out Shaun Of The Dead and putting the disc into the DVD player before settling back on the sofa next to Gerard. His arms found my waist, pulling me onto his lap as the movie began, I shifted to get myself comfortable and then sat back to enjoy the movie.

A little while later, once the movie was about halfway through, I began to get a little bored. I let my head flop back against Gerard’s shoulder, turning to look up at him. He smiled down at me, not seeming that into the movie either as he moved a hand to my chin, pulling me in for a kiss.

I kissed back, letting my eyes fall shut as I moved my lips against his slowly, barely that even, my lips just puckered more as his did the same. You couldn’t really even class it as a kiss, but it was still nice, just the feel of his lips pressed against mine was enough to make a smile breakout on my face.

Our lips were still locked when the doorbell rang, causing us to spring apart and stare at the door with confusion. Who the hell could that be? It definitely wasn’t Bob, he was out with Ray at some paintballing party. Just to be safe, I stood up from the sofa and turned the TV off, Gerard stayed put as I walked down the hall to answer the door, revealing a quite unwelcome face.

“Hey Kristie.” Shelby beamed at me, letting herself in as she walked past me.

“Firstly, it’s Cassie. Secondly, what are you doing here?” I asked, following her into the living room to where Gerard was still sat.

“I could ask him the same question.” She responded, nodding at Gerard.

“I’m tutoring her for Science.” He explained.

“Aw, isn’t that cute. I was just looking for Bob.”

“Well he’s not here, so why don’t you go look for him someplace else?” I snapped. Forgive me for being rude, but she was butting in on mine and Gerard’s alone time, we hardly ever get to just be with each other anymore.

“Yeah sure, can I just get a glass of water before I leave?” She asked, seeming to be completely oblivious to my anger.

“Whatever, I need to use the bathroom. Gerard, can you get her some damn water?” I asked. He nodded, getting to his feet and walking off into the kitchen, Shelby on his heels as I headed upstairs to the bathroom. Once I’d finished washing my hands, I walked back down the stairs and shuffling into the kitchen to see if Shelby had left yet; she hadn’t

My eyes began to sting, watching from the doorway as Shelby stepped forward, her hands gripping Gerard’s neck as he leant against the counter before lunging toward him. Their lips crashed together, Gerard’s hand flying off of the counter top, freezing in mid air before resting on her shoulders. I kept waiting for him to push her away, but he didn’t. Moments later I cleared my throat, making my presence known, and then and only then did they pull away from their kiss.

Gerard’s eyes were now wide open, staring into mine from where he stood between Shelby and the counter. His hands with drew from her shoulders, falling to his sides, his eyes still not leaving mine.

“Oh, hey, why don’t you run along now? Gerard and I are a little busy.” Shelby said to me before turning back to Gerard. That was all the persuading I needed, it was so obvious to me now. Why would Gerard date a stupid little freshman when he could have a gorgeous cheerleader?

I’d seemed to have lost my voice as I stood there before turning on my heel and running down the hall and out of the house. I’d managed to speed walk up the drive way and part way down the block before I heard my name being called from behind me. Choosing to ignore it, I continued to walk faster, soon hearing the padding of feet running behind me and Gerard’s voice sounding even closer.

“Cassie, please.” He called, his hand grasping my elbow to try and stop me from walking any further. I ripped my arm from his grip and carried on walking until he stepped in front of me, causing me to finally stop, but I still kept my gaze on the ground.

“Please, Cassie, I can explain.” My eyes snapped up to meet his, glaring up at his hazel irises.

“Then explain this; why didn’t you pull away when you had the chance?” I asked.

“I … I-I don’t know, I don’t know why I let her kiss me.” He answered, sounding exasperated.

“I thought you loved me.” I said just above a whisper as the tears that had collected in my eyes spilled over the edges of my lashes, cascading down my cheeks.

“I do love you, Cassie, I really do, and I’m so sorry for what I did.” He apologised, raising a hand to my cheek but I stepped back before it could make contact, watching his arm fall back to his side before averting my gaze back to the floor.

“I need some time to think.” I stated quietly, stepping round him and continuing to walk down the street. He didn’t come after me this time, leaving me to my thoughts. I couldn’t believe that he could’ve done this; I didn’t think he was capable of hurting me like this. But I couldn’t ignore the aching in my chest as I shuffled down the many streets until I reached my destination. I rang the door bell and waited until it was pulled open.

“Hey Cassie, what’re y- whoa, are you okay?” Frank asked, opening the door wider and pulling me inside the house, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

“I-Is Damien here?” I choked out through the tears that were still falling down my cheeks.

“He’s upstairs; let me know if you need anything, okay?” I nodded, making my way upstairs and knocking on Damien’s door. He soon opened it, a small smile on his face that turned into a frown once he saw my tears. What was nice about Damien was that he didn’t swamp you with questions right away, he simply pulled me into a tight hug, letting me cry on him as he led me inside his room, both of us settling on his bed.

“You don’t have to tell me what happened, but it usually helps if you let it out.” He murmured, his arms still hugging me tightly.

“G-Gerard kissed Shelb-by.” I mumbled.

“Shit, really?” I nodded against his shoulder. “I’m sorry, Cassie.”

“You’re not the one who should be apologising.” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tut tut, shame on me for not updating yesterday when i said i would

i really am sorry about that guys, me being the idiot i am forgot that i had shit loads of homework due in the next day and left it all to the last minute, as always

anyway, i won't bore you with my life. What do you guys think? Bet you all hate me right now, but that's fine, i like being hated if it makes for a good story :)

Comments anyone? Love you guys so much when you comment! :D

xox