It Started With A Dare

It's Not Goodbye Forever

[[Damien’s P.O.V]]

It’s been a week since Bob had stopped Cassie and Gerard from seeing each other, Cassie wasn’t taking it too well to say the least. She’s been completely miserable everyday; I was barely able to get a smile out of her. Gerard wasn’t much better, and I knew for a fact that Frank knew something was up with him.

I’d finally had enough of it, so as soon as I saw Gerard in the hall, I decided to put my plan into action.

“Gerard.” He turned to face me from his locker, giving me a small smile.

“Hey Damien, how’s it going?” He asked, a smile on his yet his voice remained monotonous.

“Look, you need to go and see Cassie.” I said, not bothering to beat around the bush.

“But Bob-”

“I don’t care about what he said, it’s obvious you guys need to see each other, to properly say goodbye at least.”

He looked wistful for a moment, the asked “But how?”

“Bob’s coming over to our place tonight to study with Frank, he’s staying the night.” I hinted to him.

“So you’re saying that I should go see her, tonight?”

"I'm not saying anything; I just think that if you just so happened to pass her house tonight when Bob's out that it would be the gentlemanly thing to do to check up on her."

He grinned a knowing smile, pulling me into a quick hug "Thanks Damien."

"Don't mention it." I responded before walking off down the hall. Hopefully Gerard'll have the balls to take my advice.

x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x


[[Cassie's P.O.V]]

I sat in my room that night, Bob had gone to study with Frank so I was home alone; it’s not as fun as you’d think. I’ve been sat here for what seems like hours but in reality has only been about twenty minutes. I’d managed to do all my homework for the following week so there was nothing else left to do really.

As a last resort, I turned on my TV and watched some pointless infomercials for around ten minutes. Just as my eyes were about to fall closed, I heard a loud tap, like something hitting glass. Weird. I concentrated back on the TV until it happened again. What the hell? It must be coming from the window, probably a bird or something. But the third time it happened, I got to my feet and walked over to my window.

Looking down, I saw Gerard on my front lawn, throwing stones at my window like a regular Romeo. Blushing, I fiddled with my window until it opened.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him in a hushed voice, afraid to wake the interfering neighbours. I got no response, instead he stepped forward and began to climb the fencing of the front of the house up to my window, and all the while I was thinking what an idiot he is and praying for him not to fall. Once he was settled on my window box, he started talking.

“I just wanted to tell you that I love you,” I swear, my cheeks couldn’t have gotten any redder at this point “I never really got a chance to say goodbye before.”

“Gee, I don’t wanna have to say goodbye.” I said, feeling his hand take mine in his, squeezing it comfortingly.

“I know it’s gonna be hard but we’re gonna have to pull through this, it’ll only be for a little while,” He assured me, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles lightly. I nodded, feeling that if I spoke again then my voice would betray me.

“I’m not gonna go against Bob like this again, this’ll be the last time we’ll see each other properly until he’ll accept us. I don’t wanna ruin the relationship with Bob for either of us any further.” I nodded again, looking glumly down at our entwined hands.

“Hey, don’t be sad, babe. It’s not goodbye forever.”

“I know, I just, I-I miss you.” I said, my voice strangled with sobs that I was unwilling to let free.

“I miss you too, sugar.” He responded, his voice soft as he leant closer to me, his warm breath hitting my lips before brushing against them ever so slightly with a chaste kiss. I kept my eyes closed even after he pulled away, wanting to hold onto that moment for just a little bit longer “I should go.”

“Yeah, I understand.” I sighed, letting my hand slip from between his fingers, missing the warmth and contact immediately “I love you, Gee.”

“I love you too, baby, so much you’ll never know.” He whispered, pecking my cheek and then pulling away completely, climbing back down the fencing and returning to his car parked on the side of the street. Once he’d started the engine, he looked back at me, smiling. I smiled back, giving a small wave and watching until his car was nothing but dots of light in the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Erm hi *waves*
Yeah, sorry this took so long guys, and that its so short, but i'll try and get back into updating regularly again :D

Oooh oh yeah, my lesbian lover (inside joke people!) has FINALLY started posting stories on mibba recently, she’s got this one which is a student/teacher original fiction, so if that’s your thing then you should go read RIGHT NOW!
LINK!

Comments anyone??

xox