‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

So Much To Do

Image

After John cleaned Cheyenne up, gave her stuff to put on it and she paid for it, she headed back to the house. She was thankful to have showered the night before, because the hot water would have surely burned her raw skin. When she returned to the house, it was still chilly out but the house was warm and welcoming. She crept upstairs and pulled off her jeans, leaving her hoodie and tank top on and crawled into bed beside Bam.

Thankfully, she was able to cuddle into him without her fresh tattoo being ground into the mattress.

Cheyenne woke up hours later to Bam kissing her repeatedly. She smiled tiredly and threw her arms around his neck.

"Good morning." He murmured and held her closer.

"Morning." She yawned.

"Where did you go earlier?"

"Oh, you were awake?"

"I got up to go to the bathroom and you were gone."

"I went to get a tattoo." She smiled.

"You did?" He raised an eyebrow. "Where?"

"It's on my side, Kat's friend did it."

"John?"

"Yeah, him."

"What is it?" He asked curiously.

"Lyrics!"

"Whose?"

"Mine."

"Yours? What do they say?"

"Let me show you." She kissed him and peeled off her hoodie. "I got it for Jake."

Bam tensed and looked up at her in shock, as if she were crazy. "Jake?" Anger was in his voice.

"Don't worry, please. It's not literally for Jake."

He nodded cautiously and watched her hike her tank top up her body to reveal the bandages. "Help?" She looked at him.

Bam carefully removed her bandaged and studied the words on her skin.

"I braved a hundred storms to leave you." She whispered.

"You came up with them?" He looked between her and the tattoo.

"Mhm." She nodded. "I'm writing a song just because and that line means the most to me."

"And it's about Jake?" He whispered.

She nodded again.

"I like it." He smiled.

"Thanks." She returned his smile. "What are we doing today?" She kissed him.

"The guys and I are going shopping for Thanksgiving food today."

She nodded. "I'll send out my family's invited to come up. I'll probably go out with Ape and Molly though. Tomorrow however, we have to go to a wine tasting, the wedding party."

"We haven't even made our wedding party yet." He laughed.

"I know, but some have to go. We need to start looking at venues too."

"If we don't soon, we'll be screwed."

"Exactly." She sighed.

"We need to look at venues then."

Cheyenne nodded and sighed.

"Where do you want to get married?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like here, or another state, the carribean?" Bam smiled.

"The carribean?" She laughed. "No, that's for the honeymoon."

Bam laughed. "Then where?"

"When we find a venue we love, then that's where the wedding will be. We just have to hurry."

"I know, I know." He nodded. "How many people are we having in our wedding party?"

"We'll talk about it when we meet with the planner."

"Sounds like a plan." He nodded. "I better get read."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too." He got up and in the shower,

Cheyenne got dressed and went downstairs where Dunn, Novak, and even Rake were talking.

"Where's Dico?" She asked and sat at the bar along with them. Dunn was cooking.

"In bed." Novak yawned and waited for his breakfast.

"You cook Dunn?"

Dunn laughed. "I can manage eggs."

"Want help?" She laughed.

"Up to you."

Cheyenne made pancakes while Dunn finished his eggs and let sausage cook as well. Bam came down and kissed Cheyenne, holding her waist from behind and looking over at Dico who had just woken his own lazy ass up.

"Morning." Cheyenne smiled.

"Good morning sunshine." Dunn laughed.

"Who the fuck let you cook." He murmured, rubbing his eyes.

Bam leaned against the counter and pulled Cheyenne back with him, her back and but against his front side. He kept his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Just be lucky you're getting fed at all." Dunn smiled proudly.