Naruto

Volume 2 Part 2

Last time on Naruto:

We turn to the door waiting for someone great to enter. The door opens and a drunk, old man enters. "What's going on? They look like a bunch of wet-nosed brats."

Start

"Especially the midget. He's got the face of an imbecile. It's a joke, right? You kids aren't really ninja, are you? Well maybe the tallest but still." The old man went on to say this in a slur with a bottle in his hand.

We stood in line from the tallest to shortest, showing that Naruto was the shortest and I was the tallest.

"Ha-ha. Who'd you mean? Which midget? Which imbeci…?!" Naruto then started to realize as he looked all of us and saw he was the shortest. "I'LL KILL HIM!"

I grabbed his collar of his suit as Kakashi-sensei said, "Wrong. No killing the old man you've been assigned to protect." I was silently laughing behind Naruto as he struggled and failed to get out of my grip.

The old man then pushed himself from the door jam that he was leaning on. "I am Tazuna, a bridge builder and until I am safely back in my own country, where I'll complete my next bridge, you'll all be expected to protect me…even if it costs you your lives!" He finished before leaving. I raised my eyebrow at his retreating back before looking at Kakashi-sensei.

"Alright team. We'll meet at the entrance gate in 30 minutes. Pack up."

~ At the gate~

"ALL RIGHT! ROAD TRIP!" Naruto screamed. I laughed at him, shaking my head.

"What are you babbling about?" Sasuke asked him.

Naruto put his hand to his head like he was trying to look off into the distance. "This'll be the first time I've ever left the village!"

Tazuna looked at Kakashi and me while pointing at Naruto. "Am I really expected to place my life in the hands of this fool?"

Kakashi sighed, "There's no call for concern. I'm an elite ninja, and I'll be along too."

"Listen You Old Geezer! You Don't Mess With Ninja. EVER! Especially Not One Like Me!" Tazuna and Kakashi looked at each other in exasperation. "I AM THE CREAM OF THE ELITE AND ONE DAY I'M GONNA BE THE NEXT HOKAGE! REMEMBER UZUMAKI NARUTO!" Naruto exclaimed as he pointed to Tazuna.

"Hokage, huh? Lord of your village? The best? I don't think you have it in you." Tazuna spoke as he took another sip from his bottle.

Naruto got angry and he curled his hand up into a fist. " Well, YOU'RE OLD AND STUPID! I am doing all the right things, and fast too. When I become Hokage, you're gonna wish you were more respectful to me!"

Tazuna just ignored him, going back to his bottle. I glared at him think 'What a jackass.'

Naruto became pissed. "YOU ARE DEAD!" Naruto jumped at him and I grabbed his collar again.

"Kakashi-sensei said no, ya nitwit."

We walked in silence for a couple of moments before, as Ino put it, the forehead finally spoke up. "Um...Mr. Tazuna?"

"What now?"

"You come from the Land of the Waves, right?"

"What of it?"

Sakura turns to Kakashi. "Um...Kakashi-sensei, are there ninja in that country too?" I look at her and think to myself. 'Why is she asking all of these questions? Is it because she knows about the two nin following us?'

"No, not in the Land of the Waves, but as a general rule, even with all the differences that exist in local customs and cultures, most other lands have their own hidden village where a ninja clan resides. For most of the countries on this continent, the ninja villages serve as the military force. They protect their own people and handle the ongoing relations with neighboring countries. Yet, the villages do not answer to the rulers of their native countries, instead, they are an equal footing with the government, in the case of very small island nations where an invasion would be difficult to mount, a ninja village is regarded as unnecessary, among the various ninja villages, in particular, those located in the lands of Konaha, Kiri, Kumo, Kumo, Suna and Iwa are large and their strengths immense, those are called the Five Great Lands of Shinobi. They are also the only places where the Shinobi leader calls himself a kage, or shadow. Those legendary leaders, Hokage- or Fire Shadow- and Mizukage- or Water Shadow- for example. Plus Raikage, Kazekage, and Tsuchikage are known to ninja everywhere as the Five Shadows; the ultimate commanders of all the tens of thousands of shinobi throughtout the world."

Then Sakura acts all girly. "Really? Lord Hokage is so amazing."

Kakashi catches her lie. "You obviously don't really think so." I laugh at her face. "There's nothing to worry about. You won't face any duels with ninja from other clans while you're handling C level duties."

Naruto looks crestfallen. "So I don't have to worry about encountering any foreign shinobi!?"

Kakashi laughs at him. "Of course not!"

We walk in silence for a little while, which was refreshing. Although I was prepared for when those two Mist Nin to attack. As we walk, we pass by a water puddle which was stupid of the Mist nin to do because it hasn't rained in several days. Kakashi stares at the puddle for a second before I look at him and raise an eyebrow at him. He nods at me. We were a couple of feet away from the puddle before the Mist nin attack Kakashi. They have him wrapped up in chains and while the others are looking in panic, I'm gather two kunai in both hands prepared to attack when Kakashi gives the signal.

"One little piggy." Says one of the nin and pull the chains, "cutting" Kakashi into pieces. They go after Naruto and Sasuke. "Two little piggies." That's when I decide to attack. I jump up and throw some kunai at them while Sasuke does the same but only jumping on them. I back one up into a tree and I throw a couple of kunai with string attached to them, tying him to the tree. The other goes after Sakura and Tazuna. Sasuke jump in front of them and block the attack while punching the nin in the face, throwing him back several feet. Kakashi then shows up and takes down the last one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own anything except for Arashi.