Status: Completed =]

Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back

Forever

It had been about two months since that fateful fight back in Zone Six; the fight that Chris, Moe, Ray and I had fled from. I had promised that I’d find Gerard again, and I wasn’t about to let that go. I was so hell-bent on finding him that Ray had to force me to calm down by sitting me down and holding me until I fell asleep.

Chris and Moe had stayed together the whole time. Chris and I worked things out and realized that though we loved each other, it was more like sibling love, not true love. We both found real love in other people, and we understood that.

We had been running for so long, that I started to doubt that we were going the right way. Finally after all this time, I started to see some familiar surroundings, like the giant rock Frankie had climbed on order to, and I quote, “Get magical unicorn off the top for Mikey!” Poor Mikey’s face turned bright red and he pushed Frank off. I smiled because of that memory and that gave me more hope.

We got to the house, or what was left of the house. It was ruined, with holes in the walls, the front door barely hanging on, and the windows smashed. I walked inside with my three friends trailing close behind, in order to see if anyone was recently here.

I walked down the hallway that lead to everyone’s rooms and peeked into every single one. Some of the rooms were left alone, like Frank and Ray’s and Ezekiel, Moe, and Azrael’s, but mine and Chris’ and Gerard and Mikey’s looked ripped apart; sheets were on the floor, thrown about everywhere, along with random articles of clothing.

I couldn’t take it anymore and let reality hit my mind; they weren’t here. But I didn’t want to give up. I would find Gerard, no matter what got in my way.

“Ray, where would you guys go if your house was ambushed?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen, where they were all standing. Ray looked up at me and thought about it for a moment.

“We’d go to Dr. Deathdefying’s diner in Zone Four. Why?” I looked him straight in the eyes.

“Because that’s where we need to go.”

~~***~~***~~***~~***~~***~~


It took us about another week to make it into Zone Four, and when we did, Ray showed us the way to the diner. We walked most of the way, but once the building came into our view, I started sprinting toward it, with the three of them close behind.

I threw open the dirty front door and five heads swiveled towards me. I looked for the familiar bright red and when I saw it, I ran straight for him. He stood up to catch me in his strong embrace and I held on tight. I brought my lips to his and tangled my fingers into his hair.

When we broke apart, I looked deep into his bright hazel eyes.

“I told you I’d find you. I kept my promise, and now I’m never letting you go. I love you Gerard and it would mean the world to me if you felt the same.” He smiled and brought his face to mine again. When we broke apart again, he stroked my cheeks with callused but soft fingers and smiled.

“I love you, Beth. Nothing in this world would change that. You have no idea how much I’ve missed you, and now that I have you back in my arms, I, too, will never, ever let you go.” I smiled and hugged him tight, not wanting to let go any time soon. I would say my hellos to the others later; this was my time with Gerard.

After a long while of getting used to the fact that we had each other again, we went to say hello to the others. Frankie practically tackled me in a hug and I had to tell him that he was crushing me before I ran out of air. Mikey gave me a soft hug and a knowing smile.

“I’d love to have you as a sister in law,” he whispered into my ear, making my blush tomato red. To my surprise, Ezekiel also gave me a soft hug. I guess I managed to get under that icy shell over the time we spent with everyone. Azrael, on the other hand, just gave me a soft smile and then went back to hugging the life out of Moe.

By the time we all went to bed, I was very tired, and very happy. Everyone insisted that I share a bed with Gerard, seeing as we were a bed short. Of course, we didn’t argue.

I rolled over in the bed to face Gerard, taking in his angelic features. I ran my thumb softly over his cheek and his eyes fluttered open.

“Sorry for waking you.” I whispered. He smiled and grabbed the hand that was against his cheek.

“It’s okay, this view is quite nicer than my dream.” I giggled softly and snuggled close to him.

“Beth?” I looked up.

“Yeah, Gerard?” He smiled down at me.

“I love you. You know that, right?” I smiled and nodded, burrowing closer to him. “Good. I’m just afraid that I might lose you and if I did, I’d-.” I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

“You’ll never lose me, Gerard. I’ll always be with you.” I closed my eyes and put my head on his chest, his heartbeat making me tired.

“Forever?” This was barely a whisper that came from his mouth, but I still heard it.

“Forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, now I'm officially done. =] Thank you again to everyone who has stood by me and this story; it means the world to me. ♥♥

Thank you also to everyone who has commented or read this; I love you guys, too!

Erm, no sequel is planned; I have to work on finishing my other stories =]

Well, this is the end. So, good bye, Killjoy story. I love you! ♥

xoxo
Lexxi