Learning to Love

Chapter 4: Screaming To Juliet:

Chrystal’s P.O.V:

I slung my bag off and flopped down onto my bed, smiling into my pillow. I talked to him today. I talked to Shawn. He’s got the sweetest smile too. He liked my poem. Unbelievable! If only he knew…He’d probably run a mile.

---

After daydreaming for a while in silence in my room, I decided to do homework. Both my parents worked on Monday afternoons, so I was bored shitless. “Shit!” I yelled, realising I’d forgotten my maths books. Hmm…It’s pretty late. I wonder if school’s still open at 5:30? I live within walking distance to the school, so when I forget things it’s not such a big deal. I usually check when I get home that I’ve got everything, but today I was distracted by thoughts of him. I groaned out loud as I got up and pulled on my sneakers, heading out the door. A 20 minute walk won’t kill me.

---

I trudged slowly through the school corridors. It’s creepy when there’s no one here. Getting to my locker, I opened it up and began the epic search for my maths books. Shit, I think I’ve really lost them this time. Ohh, wait, there they are. “Now don’t you go missing again,” I said…out loud…to them. Man, I’m a freak. As I was closing my locker, I heard something. Someone was singing. Who the hell? Who’s still at school this late, singing in the corridors?

Shawn’s P.O.V:

I finished yet another perfectly symmetrical paper plane and flew it into the bin as the teacher wasn’t looking. That makes number 46. Or was it 47? Fuck I dunno. Turns out my mum couldn’t get me out of after school detention today. Another 5 minutes and I’m outta here! Detention till 6 is not such a nice thing after a long day at school. I sighed, beginning to fold yet another paper plane.

“You can go now,” the teacher said. He grabbed his books and left the class. Wow, the teacher left the class before me for once. I finished the plane and again flew it into the bin. As I passed, I laughed at the overflowing airport I’d made.

I got to my locker, finding my books and bag. Ohh, that’s where I left my iPod…I turned it on. I swear I’d be nowhere without it…probably a lot less deaf…but a lot less happy too. After packing my bag I slammed my locker shut and began to leave. Ohh! My favourite song! I looked around and through a few class windows, deciding there’s no way anyone’s still at school at 6 pm on a Monday night.

“Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette. Finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet! Out from the window see your back drop silhouette. This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget!” I went all out this time, screaming so loud I was afraid someone outside may hear me. As I turned the corner, I saw her. She was just standing there in front of her locker starting at me, a look of amazement playing on her face. I stopped dead and blushed, lowering my head. Someone heard me…She heard me! Ohh god I probably killed her eardrums! “Uhh…sorry,” I apologised, my voice barely above a whisper.

“What for?” She walked towards me. “You have an amazing voice! I mean I wasn’t listening I was just here and…yea…”

“Thanks,” I replied shyly. No one had heard me sing before. No one.

“So uh, who’s your Juliet then?” She cocked her head to the side a little.

“No one. I mean sure, I like a girl. But she’s too good for me.” I knew that well enough. She’s an angel.

“Aww don’t think that. You seem pretty cool to me,” she replied softly. I laughed lightly.

“You’re just saying that cos you’re so nice.” Shit! I say the most stupid things at times. “So have you got your Romeo yet? I mean that poem was pretty impressive. You should send it to him.” If she’s happy, that’s all that matters.

“Uhh…” She bit her lip and blushed a little. Aww…

“Just go for it. Any guy who doesn’t absolutely love it isn’t worth your time.” I looked up directly at her, giving her a reassuring smile. She’s got such pretty eyes. “Trust me.”

“Okay…” She gave a weak smile. “Well I’d better get going.” Damn! I could talk to her till school starts tomorrow morning…

“Okay then. Nice talking to you again Chrystal,” I smiled.

“Ohh, call me Chrissie. And it was lovely talking to you again too.” Would she freak if I hugged her?

“Okay, seeya Chrissie.” As I was about to consider it, she started walking towards the main hall.

“Bye bye Shawn.” And in a moment, she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys :)

The song that Shawn is singing is called "Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche" and is by Escape The Fate.
Hope you like the update :)