Learning to Love

Chapter 3: Those First Words:

Shawn’s P.O.V:

I put my head down, letting my hair fall in my face. I always did that when I was nervous. “Hey,” I said to her. I tried so hard to keep my voice stable, but it still went a little higher then I would’ve wished.

“Hey,” she replied. She was still smiling.

“So…uh…nice poem. I thought it was really good.” No shit you idiot! She won a contest for it….Of course its good! God, I’m an idiot.

“Thanks…” She was blushing a little…aww. Hmm, dare I ask?

“So who’s it about?” What’s so good about this guy? How come he deserves her heart…?

“Uh…I’d rather not say actually…” She blushed a little more. Shit! I shouldn’t have asked.

“Sorry, I was just curious.” I’m not jealous at all…”He’s a lucky guy.” Oh damn…I lowered my head a little more.

“You think so?” She laughed a little. “Don’t be sorry.” She sounded a little sad.

“Well it’s too late cos I am. I didn’t mean to upset you or anything…” I said softly.

“You didn’t really. I just…Well I don’t know you and no one knows who I like,” she stuttered.

“Ohh…” Well at least I didn’t upset her.

“Chrystal?” called the office lady. “Here’s your prize.” Crystal got up and collected it. Looked like a small trophy. Man, she deserves better then that! She turned around and headed for the door.

“It was nice talking to you Shawn.” Her cheeks were still slightly red. She was fidgeting with her fingers and the trophy.

“It was nice talking to you too.” I smiled warmly at her through my hair. I think she saw it cos she smiled back. “Bye.”

“See ya. Have fun with the principal,” she laughed. I couldn’t help but laugh back. She was contagious.

“Shawn, you can go see the principal now.” Oh great. I got up and headed for the principal’s office. “Do you know the way?” the office lady asked. I’ve been here more times then I can remember, of course I know the fucking way by now!

“Yes,” I muttered. I walked down the hall and easily found his office. Not bothering to knock, I walked straight in and took a seat.

“Ahh, Shawn,” the principal sighed. He took a sip from his mug.

“Look, just sign this so I can go. I don’t wanna be late for class.” Truth was I actually didn’t wanna be late for class this time. I had art next…and Chrystal’s in my art class. He sighed again.

“You’re always wasting my time so I don’t see why I shouldn’t waste yours,” he said. He grabbed my detention slip and signed it. I snatched it off of him and got up ready to leave. “Wait, Shawn, before you go…” I sat back down.

“What!?” I snapped. He frowned at me.

“This makes the third week in a row that you’ve received a detention. Now as you should know, this results in an additional after school detention…”

“Wait, what!?” This is bullshit! Since when has this been a rule!? Since I got 3 weeks of detention in a row…

“I’ll have to call your parents to let them know why you’ll be spending 3 hours at school this afternoon. No one’s had an after school detention this year…I hope you feel happy breaking this record.”

“Yes I do. Now can I go?” I don’t care if he calls my parents. Mum can get me outta anything. He nodded, dismissing me. I got up and left as fast as I could manage before he kept me back longer.

---

I rushed to get to Art before I completely missed out on my only class with Chrystal. I waited by the door for a while, peering through the small window to find the opportune moment to sneak in undetected by the teacher. If only I’d remember that this door squeaks…”Shit,” I muttered.

“Shawn! Late again I see,” the teacher said as he turned to the goddamn door. Fuck I hate this door!

“Uh, yea. Sorry.” Although I sounded it, I wasn’t really. I’m quite the con artist.

“Find a seat and sit down.” Aww, there she is. She always looks super cute in art. When she concentrates, it’s like the rest of the world isn’t there. It’s just her and the easel. “Now!” I jumped at his words.

“Okay okay,” I said under my breath. Wait, there’s no spare seats…except that one across from Crystal of course. Each week I come in and see that empty seat calling my name. Shawn come sit here. Then you can stare right at her beautiful face as you attempt to paint it. When I sit across the room, however, it calls me a loser. You blew it! Now all you can do is try to remember all those perfect details…you’ve stared at her enough to remember. Ahh fuck it. I walked, head down, to the seat across from her, scuffing my shoes as I went. I lightly placed my books on the desk, not wanting to disturb her, yet desperately wanting her to notice me. Maybe I imagined it, but I swear I saw her eyes flicker my way. I’m too hopeful at times. I got my books out and doodled for the rest of the lesson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,
I'm SO SORRY for the massive lack of updates! I feel really really bad about it!
I'm hoping people are still reading :P
I'll try not to do this again! But school + boyfriend = not a lot of spare time XD
Sorry!
I hope you liked it anyway :)