Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 1

"A body guard? Are you crazy?!" I demanded an answer and stood up from the white love seat.

"Why do I need a body guard?" My question seemed to make my parents laugh; their look at me made me want to question if I was really stupid enough to get that look. My father slowly stood, as did my mother and they gave each other one glance then towards me.

"Honey, you were stabbed, jumped and almost kidnapped this month, why don't you need one?" my mother said, also asking a rhetorical question.

"Well, I can defend myself, and I was ALMOST kidnapped, I do not need a body guard."

I pointed back, picking off a piece of lint on my new peach and gold blouse, then I moved my long black hair over to my left shoulder; soon after that I sighed and spoke again.

"The students already pick on me about being rich, having a body guard for no reason will give them more to joke about." I heard my dad sigh,

"Annette, you can always go to a privet school, or a boarding school, somewhere that the students are used to people with money" My eyes were instantly on his with a glare

"I don't want to go to a stuck up snobby school where all they talk about is plastic surgery and money," My voice was a bit harsh "My life is already changing as it is, last thing I want is to have a different nose after a semester at those schools"

"Well maybe if you thought about it, you would like it."

"Yeah, thinking about leaving my friends? No thank you"

My life changed when my dad had won the lottery, one billion dollars, he told every news channel without thinking about the consequences.
Then, when I had gotten stabbed in the arm, my dad realized that he still had his enemies from his teenage years and made even more with that much money. Sure I was afraid for a couple of weeks, but he wanted me to leave my friends and my regular life to go to some private school. He wanted us to start a new life somewhere that it's okay to be rich, the suburbs. I had already given up the home we had lived at since I was two, there was no way I was giving up my friends and school to live with some cookie baking, Betty crock looking, snobs. So now they want me to get a body guard, oh joy!

My mother now stepped into the intense conversation, "The children are picking on you?"

Her soft mother look made me look away from her in shame.

"They've hated me since before the money, it's nothing." my voice sound like the truth, but it was a lie.

Since before the money, mostly everybody in my school, actually liked me; but then came the new clothes and the new car then nobody liked me, besides the rich snobs and all of my childhood buddies, which are about ten not including the snobs. You'd think since I have the money everybody would be all on me to buy them things, but I denied everything they asked for in the first two weeks; so they hated me for that.

My father looked at me with intense eyes, "You're going to have to deal with the body guard weather you like it or not."

I gave him the most puppy look I could, which I've only tried twice, and tried to protest.

"But dad-"

"No buts! I will not risk another day of school without you having someone watch over you."

My mind about the body guard was the worst, he would be bald, extremely buff, anything but attractive, about forty, and ready to be strict with everything I do.

"Wait," my mother said softly, her black, short hair bounced a little when she walked towards me with her loud heels, she stood about 5'6, a little bit taller than me, without the heels, so when she wears the heels they make her stand just about as tall as my father.

"We can't have the kids know she has one." My mother wrapped her arm around me, I felt her silk blouse touch my natural tanned skin. My hopeful, blue eyes met her confident brown ones.

" I say we hire an undercover one, you know, the one that looks like a high schooler and will act like one but isn't really." I smiled at the thought,now my thoughts on the body guard wasn't so harsh. She can be my 'cousin', fun to be around with, will have a humor, and easy-going.

"Yeah, If I can have one I want an undercover one, no way will I have some thirty year old." I can tell my father was thinking, probably afraid that a young body guard would be less protecting.

"I don't know." His deep voice made my hopes die out, he ran a hand through his light brown hair filled with little grey ones.

Mother let me go and walked up to him whispering things that I probably wont even like to hear, I can tell their still sexually active...gross.

"Daddy, I will let you cut down my curfew, now I can be back at twelve thirty, I can only attend to two parties a month, I will work and volunteer to your 'Second chance' juvenile teens program, and work at mom's bakery for some extra cash instead of getting an allowance, please I would like to have a young body guard not an old one." He gave a look that meant he was going to say 'yes' but instead I got an,

"I'll think about it"

I sighed, walked out of the living room and up two flights to my light purple and blue room.

My thoughts were to go on facebook all off the evening, but instead I grabbed my phone and called my guy best friend Seung, he's Korean and moved from Korea to Salt Lake City, Utah three years ago on freshman year, the kids made fun of him for his accent but I really liked it so I took him under my wing and we've been best friends since.

The phone rang once and instantly I was greeted,

"Hello my Native Annette!" his accent was becoming more American by each day

"Hello my Korean Seung, how is your Autumn break going?" My voice was a bit happier when I heard Seung's greeting.

"Whoa, whoa, What's going on over there U.S?"

"What do you mean Korea?"

I heard him mumble some of his cultural words, "You can't fool me Annette, are your parents arguing again?" They can't be, ever since the big zeros they haven't been arguing, it made them closer.

"No, remember when that creepy old guy tried to kidnap me?"

Seung made a sigh "Yes, that mother fuckah got what he deserved, what about him?"

I smiled at the flash back of Seung and my other best friend Mika, beating that guy up with an umbrella and their fists.

"Well, I told my mother yesterday and she told my father, so after we went out to Olive Garden for lunch, my dad took me into the living room and told me that I need a body guard."

"What?! Like the haters need something more to talk about! What did you say to him?" he was the one, of ten people that didn't hate me for my money, and he never even asked for anything from me.

"What you said, and that I don't need one, but I kinda do."

"You told him you kinda need one?" I rolled my eyes and played with my light purple silk bed spread.

"No, but I mean he's right, I've been stabbed, jumped and almost kidnapped this November. So my mother decided to get me an undercover one, you know, one that looks like a high school student."

Seung made an agreeing sound.

"That's a good idea, let's hope she's hot." I laughed as he went on about my undercover body guard, then it was quiet for a moment, we were cool like that, we can talk on the phone and have a silent moment without it being awkward.

"Hey, Annette?"

"Yes Seung?"

"Let's hang out tomorrow, it's black Friday and I want to shop."

"Why would I want to go to the mall on the most dangerous day?"

"You think we'll be going to the mall? No! we're going to a vintage shop, they might have sales." I laughed

"Yeah, I'll check if my dad will let me go without a body guard." Seung chuckled

"Which vintage shop?"

Seung hummed a bit

"I don't know, somewhere out of Utah?" I laughed a bit.

"You better start mapquesting, I'll convince my dad, what time?"

"Err, three?"

"Okay, I'll ask my dad now. Talk to you in a bit."

"Bye." I took my Android phone away from my ear and tapped the touch screen to end the call. Then walked out of my room.

"Hey, Gordon." I grabbed my butler's arm to stop him, "Yes, Annette?"

"Why are you here, it's your day off." I asked suddenly remembering him not supposed to be here.

"Oh, well, I was just about to go on a date." He said gesturing to the rose in his hand. I smiled. "Well, I am sorry, I just wanted to know where my parents are."

"I do not know, would you like me to search for them?"

"No, it is your day off, go to your date-Oh Gordon?"

"Yes?" I walked up to him and reached to his hair and smoothed down some of his hair that was sticking up.

"You look handsome, have a great night." I smiled at him as he nodded to me in a thank you and waved to me.

"Good night, Annette."

I turned around and walked down the pearl white hallway.
Let me tell you about Gordon, he is 39 and tall, thin, and very gorgeous. He has short brown hair that has a bit of Grey in his hair, his eyes are green and he is our butler, a family friend for a month. He is a very cool man, and a second father to me.

"Dad?" I called out to the spiral stair case, and waited for a reply to my announce.

"Urrrg!" my grunt echoed throughout the hallway.

Do I really have to call him? I answered myself by pulling out my android cellphone and touching to my dad's number to call.
The ringing noise annoyed me I just wanted to ask him.

"Annette, Honey, we're in the library."

"Oh." I stated out simply, hanging up the phone and running up one flight and opened the double wooden doors.

"Yes, Annette?"

"Can I go to Nevada with Seung, tomorow?" I prepared for a yell from my dad but he simply said sure. I calmed my nerves.

"Really?!"

"Yea, I already hired a bodyguard for you."

"What?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Rate Subscribe(: