Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 10

2 more hours. I stretched as much as I could in the back seat and enjoyed the silence for a bit. I would never admit this to any one, because they'd think I would be becoming soft, but I am actually enjoying myself.

These kids aren't that bad. I don't know why I keep referring to them as kids, I mean they are only a few years younger. Besides, when I'm 98 and they're 97, it really won't matter.

I felt bad not letting everyone know why I act like this, or why I was in the gang in the first place. I just couldn't though. I feel as if I lied to get this job. Mr. Kieth doesn't know my past, and I'm sure if he did, he wouldn't like it.

Maybe I should tell Annette. I want to, but her friends are always by her. If only I could get her alone. What if she still doesn't trust me. Although, you can't live on what ifs.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the car door open and Mika crawled into the drivers seat.

"You sure you can drive okay?" I asked, softly. "Yes, I'm sure." She snapped and whipped around. "I mean, ya." She said softer when she saw it was me.

"Um....okay." I said. I wasn't used to talking. I hadn't really said more of a sentence or two to one person since the gang left.

I leaned my head back as my stomach began to hurt from the memory. I heard some shuffling as Mika moved to the back seat and sat by me.

"I thought you were driving?" I asked, slightly confused. "I am just thought I'd sit back here for now." She said, gently gliding a finger on top of my hand.

I shifted uncomfortably away from her and more to the window. "Do you have a girlfriend, Kegan?" She asked, leaning closer to me.

"Um, no I don't" I gulped, my southern accent shining. "We should really change that." She said, coming onto my lap and tried kissing me. I pushed her away but she just kept coming.

"Mika....Mika stop it!" I started saying, I could really push her but that wouldn't be too good when Annette and Sueng came back. "Mika stop!" I yelled as I felt the door open from me.

I tumbled out, landing away from Mika as she began crawling back to me. "What is your problem!" I practically yelled to her. Annette was holding onto her collar, clearly knowing what was going on. The windows are fully see through.

Mika automatically straightened herself up. "Ew, don't come onto me like that!" Mika shouted as Annette shook her head. She knew what went on. I don't think she knew what to think.

"Are you driving or what, Mika?" Sueng asked as Mika nodded.

~*~

I never knew Sueng and Annette could be so right. Sueng was sitting in the front, clutching onto the door as Annette and I wobbled in the back seat.

She had only been driving for a few minutes, but already I felt something. Mika took her eyes off the road, to look at the GPS when it happened. We ran right off the road into a tree.

The ringing in my ears happened as the world seem to slow down. The wind shield broke as glass flew through the air. The air bags hit Sueng and Mika head on. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and jumped in front of Annette. A glass shard flew into my arm, cutting me.

It would of hit Annette. It could of killed her. I saved her. We're safe.