Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 19

"Wait, Kegan." I grab his arm before he started to walk out the door, making Seung and Mika take the lead. Kegan's built chest came to my view, and I looked away before I blush or ask questions about the many scars. He has six packs, and biceps and triceps and just muscles all over. Wow I don't think I've noticed that before.

"You need to cover this up." I state simply, walking to the ice box grabbing the bag. I knew there would be one in there, I do have my fair share of hotels. I turn to see Kegan standing awkwardly looking at the window.

"What?" I ask, opening the bag and walking to him.

"I-I-...Nothing." He stutters giving away his embarrassment with his southern accent. I respond to his stuttering with a laugh, wrapping the bag around his arm, then searched around for a rag or something.

"Nothing?" I ask, adjusting my pair of denim shorts before walking into the bathroom.

"Yes, nothing." he calls out. "You sure did stutter a lot to be nothing." I call back, finding a robe string, then checked my reflection out. My straight hair looks like it's been teased, while my eyeliner and mascara has been smudged in all directions.

"Holy shit, I look like a raccoon!" I yell, grabbing a rag and their cheap face soap bar.

"Does it matter? You still look the same." Kegan states simply, once I look in my reflection again, Kegan is behind me.

"So your saying I always look like a raccoon? How sweet of you." I snap, putting water on the rag and wiping down my eyes.

That does not look like me all of the time, why would he say that?

"I didn't mean it like that." Kegan mumbles, but I just ignore him, wiping my whole face filled with worn out make-up. why didn't anybody tell me I looked like shit?

"You know I didn't mean that." He says again, then I wipe my face with a dry towel, before talking.

"I know, I just don't like looking-"

"Imperfect?" He guesses, and I glare at him. Of all the words in the dictionary, he picked out imperfect?

"I didn't say that." I immediately say, looking at him.

"But it's true-"

"No it's not!" I yell, resting my hands on the sink counter, putting my head down. Imperfect? He thinks that I'm forcing myself to not be imperfect?

"Looking perfect won't make you think you're perfect-"

"God dammit, Kegan!" I shout looking at him through the reflection, "You don't know me, and you don't need to know me." I yell again, it begins to get quiet in the bathroom, I almost convinced myself that Kegan wasn't even there.

"You shouldn't be the one trying to figure me out of all people here." I mumble, looking at my reflection, my fake one, the one that isn't me, the one that I was forced to be after all of this bullshit.

"Just because I'm-"

"Alone but not Afraid?" I quote his writing across his chest, the bold tattoo that has me question what it means.

"It's just a stupid quote." He lies looking up at the ceiling, I calm my anger, remembering that this day was supposed to be a good day.

"Then why put it on your body?" I ask, turning to look at him now.

"I thought it was cool at the time." He shrugs, looking back up at the ceiling.

"Let's get your cover on." I mumble grabbing his wrist and the robe tie, I hear Kegan laugh.

"Don't you think that's a bit clashy? I mean I'm already wearing a pair of shorts as swimming trunks." I turn to him after grabbing the bag, with a smile.

"Your fault for saving my life." I joke, letting out a giggle, slipping the bag over his arm and tightly wrapped the robe tie around his forearm.

"Darn, if only I didn't" he jokes with a big smile. "Thank you, for taking care of me." Kegan says.

"It's not that good, but your welcome, let's get going, Seung and Mika are probably freaking out that they left us." I say grabbing the hotel key and my towel, as I see Kegan open the door.

"So, don't stay under the water for th- holy shit!" I yell as I watch Mika and Seung making out. Mika's body pined to the wall and Seung enclosing on her, their fingers laced together, and tounges just in each other's throat.

Something Kegan and I would've done just about an hour ago.

"Do they even notice us watching them?" Kegan jokes before walking past them and pressing down on the elevator.

They look so perfect together, so sweet and adorable. What if Kegan and I were together like that- Whoa, no, don't even think like that Annette. He's way out of your dating circle, and your bodyguard, and just look at him, he's so Kegan Reynolds, the reble, scarred up, hot, muscular, guy you hated when he went to high school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but It's something