Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 45

I looked at Megan in shock, Kegan didn't deserve that. I mean, I would be mad if I gave him my number and he ripped it up too, but he isn't interested in her! I wanted to smile and jump up and down sighing 'Kegan doesn't like her' but I clenched my jaw.

Even though I would've slapped Kegan for just pissing me off, I wouldn't do that. Slapping a guy is like a sign of disappointment and anger, Kegan never made me feel disappointed, angry, yes but disappointed no.

So I stood up, glaring at her, but she didn't notice me sprinting towards her.

"Annette, don't do it." Kegan says knowing what I was aiming for. Megan was casually holing up trays of food, not until I knocked her towards a wall. All the plates fell and clashed but that didn't matter I had a bitch to fight with.

"You want to slap someone? Slap me attention whore." I sneer slapping her at my hardest, her face moved to the right so fast, she had to hold her neck and cheek from the pain. Megan cried loudly while I just kicked her feet to knock her on the ground.

"You have a mess to clean." I say harshly, ready to kick her face.

"Annette, stop!." Kegan grabs me from behind and wraps his arms around my waist to pull me away. I tried kicking her from here but there was no use, Kegan pulled me outside.

"Annette-"

"I was trying to stick up for you." I state angrily, wiggling out of his arms, then turned to face him.

"I didn't need the help-"

"So you just let her get so much attention like she wanted with a stupid slap? " I yell.

"I could've talked to the manager about it." I scuff in response, crossing my arms.

"You're so much like a useless bodyguard, Kegan!"

"What the hell is your problem, Annette?" Kegan yells straight into my face then turns to walk a couple of feet away, noticing our distance wasn't so far for a bodyguard or any friend.

"What the hell do you mean?" I yell back.

"You're not supposed to be like this!"

"Well sorry for being myself, Kegan!" I yell glaring up at him.

"You made me pick to be your bodyguard and now you just want to pretend it didn't happen?! You can't stick up for me like your my friend, I'm your body guard not your friend! You can't get jealous like my girlfriend because I can't be your boyfriend, I never will be your boyfriend!"

I stepped away from Kegan instantly, he notices what he says and his face softens. He tries to stutter along some words about apologizing, but now he's already said too much.
I step away from him, hoping he'd get the message that I don't even want to be near him.

"I mean, I can't be." He whispers stepping closer, but I stepped further.

"Just take me home, Kegan and be ready for Monday, My mom and dad don't work on Sunday's anyways. Get ready for back to school day." I whisper walking to my dad's car and got in, taking in a shaky deep breath.

Why did it hurt so much to hear those words? Was it the fact that theirs no hope of Kegan and i actually being together? Was it the fact that he didn't take it back because he knows there isn't? Probably the reason that i made him choose to not be my boyfriend? Or was it the fact that I know I will never be his girlfriend?

I want to cry, I know I do because my eyes are beginning to water up and my bottom lip is curling. I look out the windshield to find Kegan in the restaurant, probably getting the food to go. So I cried, hoping Kegan won't see me like this, and covered my face with my hands and rested my elbows on my knees. Sobbing out all that I had to deal with for the day.

He'll never be your boyfriend, Kegan Reynolds will never be able to be more than just a stupid bodyguard with me.

It hurts to know that, It hurts to know that you pushed him and you can never pull him back. I began to wipe my eyes, taking deep breaths slowly in and paused, finding Kegan looking dead at me with no expression.

Damn, this is awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but I hope you guys comment. What do you think about Annette? Is she a bitch? What about Kegan? Is he too Emotionless? Comment!