Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 52

Killer.

Killer.

Killer.

I’m not fucking killer.

I was sitting at home, color drained from my face. Ready to throw up.

“High School Student, Ronald Krook killed. Suspects in possession.”

My heart was beginning to beat so fast, I thought I’d be the next to go. I knew the kid.

I knew his well enough for his memories to haunt me. Day after day. The only people I ever trusted were killers.

But that didn’t make me one.


Next thing I realized was Travis going for Annette. I shoved my plate onto a empty lunch table and shot out my hands, separating them, as Travis looked up stunned that I moved.

His face quickly changed into hatred. “Back off, Killer.” He hissed, as I smirked.

“Step away from her and we won’t have a problem.” I smiled at him, as hatred flared in my eyes. All eyes were on us and it was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

Annette quickly shuffled away, hiding herself behind my body, as I moved in front of him.

“I’m not scared of you.” He laughed sarcastically, but deep down, you could tell he was scared of me.

“Oh really?” I asked, stepping closer, as he backed up a tad. He puffed out his chest, trying to be tough, but it just reminded me of a fish.

A really, really fat puffer fish.

“Yes really.” He mumbled, trying to stay tough.

“You really want to try me?” I laughed, as some of the watchers seemed to lean back a little, away from me.

“What are you going to do? Kill me?” He snorted. My stomach sunk as heat filled up my body. I clenched my fists ready to punch his face.

Annette’s delicate hand laid itself on my upper arm as I relaxed just the slightest bit.

“Listen,” I spoke smoothly through my clenched jaw. “Annette doesn’t love you anymore, kay squirt?” I asked, patting his head. He was reasonably shorter then me.

“And I have never killed anyone, but if you stick around long enough while you run your mouth that could change.” I smiled, letting go of his arm, which has red marks from where I was holding onto.

He stood there stunned. His mouth was slightly opened, as if he meant for words to come out, but none seemed to come.

“Run along.” I said, shooing him off. He stood there before, turning away, walking out.

As soon as he got to the door, he took off running.

The cafeteria’s eyes were still on me, mouths ajar. Annette stood there, eyes wide. I didn’t say anything that bad, did I?

I placed my hand on Annette’s lower back, leading her out of the cafeteria. As soon as that door closed, the room lit up in comments and rumors.

What a good first day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep the comments coming!