Status: Writing

I Swear to God That I Can Keep a Secret

03

After two hours of holding my son and getting him calmed down, he eventually fell asleep. I gently laid him down on his toddler bed and tucked him in and walked out of the room. I was in the kitchen putting away the small amount of groceries that I had left out when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Charlotte?"

"Dad?"

"yeah Sweetie its me" his voice cracking at the end

"Dad? Whats wrong?" I said, a million thoughts running threw my head at once, each one worse then the last

"Sweetie, your mom-God. Charlie your mom, she um she is in the ICU here in Maryland." He finally got out

"Dad." I said my voice cracking slightly as tears came to my eyes "What happened?"

"She was, uh she was in a car accident and sweetie it doesn't look good. She was hit dead on from a drunk driver. And they said, OH GOD!" He yelled as he finally broke down

"Dad? Dad? Daddy! I'm buying tickets now, Jordy and I will be there soon. Please Daddy. Just tell her to hang on for me? Please? I said tears running down my face

"I will Charlie. I will." He said before he hung up the phone.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down before I ran to my room and pulled out the biggest suitcase I could, tossing as many of my clothes as I could think to grab, shirts, sweaters, jeans, underwear. I then raced into the bathroom, throwing my toothbrush, Jordan's toothbrush, my make up bag, and anything else I thought I would need before running into my son's room, and grabbing ever pair of pants he owned, and all of his shirts, socks and underwear's and fitting them into my suitcase. I then went into my bathroom to wash my face, ridding my bruises of their make up, throwing my hair up in a messy ponytail. Before I finally took a deep breath and calmly walked into my son's room to wake him up.

"Jordan. Sweetie you need to wake up."

"No Mommy." He said

"Please baby, we need to go bye bye."

"where?"

"To see Papa."

"Yeah!" he jumped up and went and put on his Velcro shoes before announcing that the was all ready. I went into my room, grabbing my cell phone, its charger, my ipod and shoving them into a big purse, grabbing the handle of the suitcase, and making a stop in the kitchen to grab my wallet from the counter and some snakes for Jordan before I grabbed his hand and walked out to my car and headed to the airport, to return to the one place I never wanted to go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am aware how long its been since I updated. but they are going to be like this for a while. I love this story and don't want to stop but I need to work on getting some pre writes done before I post anymore. Comments are nice but I wont demand them thanks!