Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 10.

I closed my eyes listening to them talk back and forth, from I heard her life wasn't too bad ,but I knew she was lying through her teeth to cover things up. After awhile my hands relaxed and it was then she started asking questions.

"Mr. Tod, are you Aaron's uncle?" she had asked, smart enough to realize he wasn't my dad.

"Nope. Aaron is my foster son. He's a good ol' boy ,but he wouldn't talk for awhile so I called him Stamp," he almost laughed for a moment and Willow suddenly sounded interested.

"Why Stamp?" she asked as I felt Mr. Tod's eyes move to me.

"He can show you. Get up Aaron," he said speaking sternly when he's talking to me.

I jumped up and pulled my shirt off. I don't grow hair anywhere ,but on my head which was all the better to me. I knew I was in great shape since I couldn't stand sitting still unless others were around. I turned my back to her and let her see the wings tattooed on my back. My eyes shut tight. I've been so careful. No one even guessed that I was a genetically engineered freak. No one even acknowledged my existence. I just stayed to myself. I'm going to be back in a cage. I'm going to be back with the needles and sick blood thirsty crowd that haunts my head. Back to square one.

"Aaron, you okay? You got a fever boy?" Mr. Tod asked as he touched my forehead then forced my shirt into my hands," Eat something before you pass out on me. Can't have you getting sick."

"Yes sir," I said hoarsely and slid my shirt back on.

I looked at my hands before I picked up my plate. They were trembling. I was starting to sweat. I started school Monday. I had two days to get a grip. Two days. I don't know if I can do that. I needed to talk to Willow. Soon. I'd go visit her tomorrow.