Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 65

“No.” I breathed. “I’m never leaving your side again.” I whispered.

I shot out the vines wrapping him up tightly, not enough to hurt though, and began running.

I just had to reach the forest. Then we’d be safe. I heard the whisper of the trees above us. They were calling us.

They would protect us.

The swat team was getting closer on us. I stomped the ground, causing a root to go under and crack the ground, shaking them.

I kept running though. I felt the cement under me soon turn into foliage. The tree’s leaves wrapped behind us, causing a shield to the oncoming bullets.

“Where is it?” I though to the trees. In front of us laid a deep hole. It once was where the roots were from a large oak tree.

Wrapping the vine tighter around Aaron, I slipped down into the hole. The leaves covered up the entrance, shielding us from the outside world.

As we fell deeper and deeper, it got darker.

Looking down, I realized I saw a light glow. As we hit the ground, I looked around.

The tunnels spread out forever.

Small torches were there, unlit.

Taking out the matches from his bag, I lit one by one. Unwrapping Aaron and putting him up against the side, I sat down by him.

“We should be safe.” I whispered.

“For now.”