Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 66.

I looked up at her and smiled. We were safe. I held her hand tight and kept my eyes on her. No one ever proved birds couldn't smile and maybe they can't ,but with my beak I can. I let my beak fade into my face. I kept my talons out though. I felt more content. I just looked into her eyes.

"What made you change?" I whispered," What made you come back?"

"I remembered who you really were and how much I loved you," she whispered as I touched her face with the back of my talons.

"I never thought I'd here those words. I waited my whole life to hear them and," I paused," I never knew that until we got caught."

"I never though a fairytale could be this much trouble," she said.

I kissed her hand and soon she laid her head on my chest her body wasn't on me. It didn't touch me. Only her head and I liked that. I closed my eyes and we fell asleep together. It was the best nights sleep I'd ever had ,but when I woke up, I was too weak to move. I needed to eat badly ,but I couldn't get up to feed myself. I just stayed close to Willow. I knew I'd live. I had a strong gut feeling. I watched as she walked away and closed my eyes. I prayed she'd be back soon. I looked at the roof of the tunnel and just whimpered. I don't know why ,but I was so hungry I was whimpering. I was a dead kid walking. I haven't eaten in a year and a half. No one knew how much that hurt. Almost as much as Willow saying she hated me. No that was worse.

I swallowed hard and held my head in my talons and sat up. Hurry Willow.