Status: Active

Waking up Just Got a Little Too Weird for Me

Chapter Six

"There's nothing here," Much stated, peering around the forest.

"There has to be something. There just has to be," I said desperately.

"Let's just keep looking. We'll find something," Robin said, looking at me with sympathy.

"We've been looking for hours. Not being funny, but I don't think we're going to find anything," Allan responded, making me feel ten times worse.

"We have to meet the others too. We said midday. It's way past," Much reported.

"Yes we know that, thanks," I replied, getting a little frustrated.

"We should go back. We can let them know that we're all right and bring them out here to help us look," Robin spoke directly to me.

"Okay," I grumbled.

I guess it would help to have more eyes. The walk back was mostly quiet, a twig snapping under foot occasionally.

"I'm sorry I lashed out at you back there. I guess I'm just getting frustrated," I hung back to walk with Much while Allan and Robin walked ahead.

"That's okay. I'm really quite used to being spoken to like that by everyone," he replied nonchalantly.

"Why?" I asked.

"I 'm just the voice reason that no one listens too. And when they do listen to me, I have apparently said the wrong thing at the wrong time," he said.

"Well they should listen to you more. Everything always goes wrong cause no one listens to the advice you give," I said, thinking back to the show.

"It does seem that way doesn't it?" he replied, looking to the sky, which was turning a burnt orange.

We walked in silence again until we arrived at the camp.

"A little late," Will said, not looking up from the wood he was carving or whatever.

I had no idea what carpenters do with wood in their spare time.

"My bad. I was desperate to find something while we were there," I replied, sitting down on the nearest log.

I jumped up in surprise when I felt a twig in my bum. Oh, how I longed for civilization.

"So then I take it you didn't find anything?" Djaq asked.

"Nothing. Grrr... There has to be some way for me to get home! I can't be stuck here forever!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry. We'll get you home," Robin assured me.

"And if not, you could surely adapt to the life you played on the show," Allan grinned playfully at me.

I burst into laughter.

"As if buddy. As if," I said between giggles.

"What? It would be like never leaving work!" he smiled.

"You weren't implying that we would be together?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Never, my lady! I could never be that crude!" he waved his hands dismissively.

"Wow. Sarcasm in the 12th century. Now that's a shocker," I said.

Everyone laughed although I doubted anyone knew what sarcasm even was.

"Would it be so hard to love me?" Allan asked, leaning towards me with his blue eyes doing a very good impression of a puppy dogs.

I laughed and pushed him away, causing him to fall off the log.

"I don't see how you get all the girls. You're good-looking and all, but certainly not very charming," I said.

"And why not?" he asked indignantly, climbing back onto the log.

"You come on a little too strong, buddy," I smiled, patting him on the shoulder.

"I've changed my mind. I don't want you anymore," he pouted, crossing his arms over his chest like a five year old.

"Well I didn't want you to begin with," I replied.

The whole camp burst out laughing, save for Allan, who was currently pouting as a child would, and I realized we had been going on for quite some time.

"Allan not getting the girl. Now that's not something you see very often," Will laughed as Allan turned bright red.

"I will get the girl. You just wait and see. You'll learn to love me," he grumbled.

We all laughed as the fire started to go out.

"Well that was certainly entertaining but I think it's time we turned in. We can go back tomorrow with all of us. That way we can get it done fasted with more eyes," Robin said.

"Sounds good but what if we don't find anything? Where do we go from there?" I asked, worry setting in again.

"We will. I promise," he reassured me.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I said as I made my way to Will's bunk, who offered it to me, opting to sleep on the ground for the sake of decency.

* * *

I once again awoke to the odd smell of stewing rabbit. I sat up and noticed that, again, I was the only one up besides Much. I got up and walked over to him.

"I never wake up this early. Ever," I said as I sat down beside him.

He smiled and continued to cook the food. Like the previous morning, we just sat in a silence until everyone else started to wake up.

"It's not going to be as bad as yesterday's is it?" Allan yawned, sitting on the other side of Much.

"No. That was an honest mistake yesterday. I made sure I did it right this time," Much replied indignantly.

"I watched him do it," I said, raising my hand.

"Do you know how to stew rabbit?" Allan asked.

"Well... no. Not exactly...," I replied.

"Well then you watching him doesn’t exactly help, does it?" he said sarcastically.

"You know, Allan, you're never going to get the girl if you're constantly insulting her," Will laughed.

Allan ignored him and we all were handed our bowls. I took a tentative bite and found that it actually was quite good.

"Wow Much. You've really out done yourself," Robin said.

"Well I'm glad you like it," Much replied smugly.

"Okay. So are we ready to go?" I asked as everyone finished eating.

"Yeah. Let's go. We can all go and search around for a while and then we can see if there are any deliveries to make," Robin said, standing up.

* * *

"There really is nothing here," I said hopelessly as I plopped down on the ground, resting my head in my hands.

Everyone looked at me with sympathy. I felt someone walk over to me and put their arms around me. I looked up and saw that it was Robin.

"Don't worry. We WILL find you a way home," he reassured me.

"But how?" I asked.

"I don't know just yet. But I'll think of something," he smiled, helping me to my feet.

For some reason, I felt comforted by his words, and I felt reassured that he would find me a way home.

We walked back to the camp, me walking a little ways behind everyone else, lost in my own thoughts.

When we got back, I pulled out my clothes that I arrived in and went through the pockets. I found a bit of loose change, my iPod, and a paper clip. Not much use here. I turned on my iPod and found that I had a full charge. I almost wept for joy.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air.

"What? What is it?" Much shouted in surprise at my outburst.

"My iPod! It works!" I shouted happily.

"An Ipod? What's that?" Djaq asked, peering curiously over at me.

"It's a music player," I said, going through my artists.

"A music player?" Will repeated.

"Like something that... Oh I don't know how to describe it. Here. Have a listen," I said, putting one of the headphones in his ear.

I turned the volume down low so as not to surprise him too much and put on "Divine Intervention" by Taking Back Sunday.

"What the..!" he shouted as he yanked the headphone out of his ear.

I burst out laughing at the bewildered look on his face.

"I wanna try!" Allan said, coming forward and taking the headphone from where Will dropped it.

He stuffed the headphone into his ear crookedly and looked around wildly.

"That is just odd," he said as he took it from his ear and handed it back to me.

I turned it off and laughed at the expression still on Will's face.

"Are you alright, Will?" I laughed.

"That. That is witchcraft," he said solemnly.

"Hey! That's John's line!" I said.

John and Will looked at me oddly which only caused me to laugh harder.

"I think she's gone mad," Much said, looking at me as though I had just sprouted three heads.