Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

012

More days and weeks passed. Warped tour is coming in a month. Still nothing from Jack.
All I want is one more day with him. One day that will be like it used to be. One day that I can confess everything and tell him how I feel about him. One day that we can all hang out without awkward silences and tension. One day that I can spend alone with Jack. One day where everything feels right. That’s all I need just one more day.

Alex and I are growing closer and closer together. I know he has strong feelings for me but I don't know how I feel about him. I like Jack alot; my feelings for him are strong. Alex and his crazy ways are growing on me though.

Zack's in the kitchen making food and Alex and I are watching TV.

"Zack!" I called from the lounge room.

"Yeah?"

"Do we have any Jager?" I asked.

"Uhhh."

"Ewww, you know I hate that stuff. It's so sweet." Alex whined from beside me.

"Yeah we do."

"Shut up." I told Alex. "Okay, thanks."

“But if it keeps you around then I'm down." Alex whispered in my ear wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

Zack came in with three plates of food. Finally.

"You seriously just used your own lyrics as a pick up line?" I said rolling my eyes at Alex.

"Well it worked didn't it?"

"That's lame." A lie. I took the plate off Zack.

"Enjoy."

"Ramen, again?" I whined.

"Well you check the fridge. I doubt you could make anything out of whats in there." He sighed changing channels.

---

Alex and I had started hanging out more and more now that Jack wasn't speaking to us.

One day Alex and I were hanging out and talking in my room. I noticed him eyeing my acoustic guitar.

"You can play it if you want." I said looking from Alex to the guitar.

"Really?"

"Yep." He got up and took the guitar off the stand and sat back down. Alex started strumming a few chords then stopped. A grin spread across his face and he started playing Circles.

"Inquisitive and thoughtful,
She was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
A reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.

Dark eyed dreamers; they were a dangerous pair,
Q next to U scribbled out on paper...
They stop
They go
They're done.

Go back to the place we knew before
Retrace our steps to the basement door,
I'll ask you if the rain still makes you smile,
Like so much time that we spent in the fall
It put color in our cheeks while the air turned cold,
Preceding what became our bitter end." He sung.

"Pass it here." I said gesturing for my guitar. He handed it to me and I started playing Vegas. The only song I knew how to play.

"Tonight, we lie awake
Remember how the coffee made us shake on those long drives?
One more long night." I sang.

Alex joined in.

"Another seven days
Heartbeat racing
The interstate, my home tonight
For one more long night
I'm sure as hell the happiest I've ever been
We get high, we let go
We've got more than we know
My friends are a different breed
My friends are

There's a ghost in this room
I think I'll name it after all of you
And watch it hang over my bed like decorations celebrated
Memories, they came and went in light of all the time we spent
Listening to everything our parents told us not to take in

Now make a change I'm counting down
The mile marks to every town
And falling more in love
With the distance put between us." I stopped.

"Wow, I didn't know you could sing like that." Alex said. "Musical talent runs in the family."

"Nahh, you're just jealous that I'm better than you." I shrugged trying to hide my smile.

"Oh, really?"

"Alex, no." I said putting down the guitar.

"What?"

"Whatever you're going to do don't do it." I said eyeing him carefully. He tackled me and started tickling me.

"Alex!" I squealed. "Get off!" I giggled. He rolled on top of me even more.

"That'll teach you." He said flashing me his crooked smile.

I grabbed his shoulders and rolled us over...the wrong way. We hit the floor with a thud. I broke Alex's fall.

"Oww!" I laughed.

"Oops." Alex lifted himself up so he wasn't squashing me. He stared into my hazel eyes; I could feel his warm breath on my face. I reached up to brush a piece of hair out of his eyes; he caught my hand and put it on his chest.

"You do that to me." He said.

His heart was racing and skipping beats. He moved his head down closer to mine. He brushed his lips across mine leaving my lips tingling.

-Alex's POV-

Then I kissed her. No, no, no. What did I do? I regretted it the moment it happened. I know she doesn't think of me that way.

She loves Jack, it's so obvious. I was rambling in my head when she leaned forward and kissed me back, she kissed me. Every touch sent me sky high. I couldn't help myself. I kissed her back more passionately than last time. I slid my tongue between her lips,
deepening the kiss.

I wanted to remember this!

-Paige's POV-

"Alex, I-" I pulled away and looked into his deep brown eyes.

I'm confused, what am I doing? This feels so wrong yet so right. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I kissed him again.
I let his hands wander as I slid my hands up the back of his shirt and pulled it over his head. He picked me up and put me on the bed. He reconnected our lips as I tangled my hands in his hair and he stroked my sides.

We were down to our underwear when Alex stopped us.

"Paige." Alex said as I trailed kisses along his jaw. "Paige."

"What? Whats wrong?"

"What are we doing?" He asked.

"It's kind of obvious, isn't it?"

"No, I mean we shouldn't be doing this." Alex sighed getting up.

"Why?" I asked puzzled. I thought this is what he wanted.

"Because," he sighed. "Because you don't feel what I feel." He said closing his eyes.

"How do you feel, Alex?" I said walking over to him.

"I feel like every time I touch you I'm floating, Paige, I like you ALOT." I wrapped my arms
around his waist.

"Alex, I like you too."

"Paige, you can't like me that way. You're supposed to love Jack. Jack's my best friend, he's practically my brother and I've already hurt him once and I don't think I can do it again." He sighed grabbing his shirt and walking away.

"Alex, wait!" I said grabbing his arm and turning him around. I pushed my lips to his. "We don't have to tell anyone." I said. "Just think about it."

"I'll think about it."

And with that he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
drama drama drama :)
comment, let me know what you think :)