Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

027

I hesitated.

“Well?” Jack asked.

“It’s stupid.” I sighed.

“No, it obviously isn’t.” Jack soothed. “Just calm down,” I took a deep breath. “Please, I hate seeing you like this. Just talk to me.”

“Okay.” I breathed. “You know about our parents and how they left us?” Jack nodded. “All of Zack’s girlfriends have been temporary. None of them I ever really liked either. But, Ebony, she’s different. I have a feeling she’s going to be around for a while.” I paused. “Zack’s the only real family I have. I guess I feel like I’m losing him.”

“You’ll never lose me, Paige.” Zack said from behind me. “Never.” I stood up.

“Zack -”

“You don’t need to say anything.” He said. “I heard it all.” I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around him.

“I’m so sorry, Zack.” I said.

“It’s okay.” He rubbed my back. “I understand and I’m sorry too.”

Jack came over and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I wiped my eyes as everyone came outside. An awkward silence hung in the air.

“Guys,” Zack started, “why don’t you come check out the rest of the house?”

There were a few ‘yeah’s’ as everyone walked back inside. Ebony and I were left standing on the porch. She turned and walked toward the beach. I followed closely behind. She sat down in the sand and looked out over the water. I sat beside her.

“Ebony, look I’m really sorry about before. I over-reacted. It’s just Zack is-”

“You don’t have to explain.” She smiled.

“I want to.” I said. She nodded. “He’s my only family. We’ve been through so much and I just don’t want to see him get hurt again. After my parents walked out he was a complete wreck. He wouldn’t talk to anyone for ages and he used to have a different girl every week. I’m just worried about him is all.”

“I understand," She smiled. "Are we cool?” She asked.

“Definitely.” We both stood up and hugged.

“Awesome!” She beamed. I felt a hard jolt as I was picked up.

“Put me down!” I squealed. Jack laughed and threw me over his shoulder. “Jack!” I screamed.

“Is that what you sound like in bed?” He laughed as he ran us toward the water.

“Fuck you.” I said. “Don’t you dare!” I noticed then that he was wearing his board shorts. “Put me down.”

“Okay, okay,” he sighed throwing me in the water. It was freezing!

“You’re a dick!” I yelled smacking him in the chest. “Jack Bassam Barakat. I’m going to get you back later.” I was dripping wet and fully clothed.

“I’m looking forward to it.” He grinned and wrapped his arms around me. I crossed my arms over my chest.

I tried to be angry with him. Jack started kissing my neck and my ear, then my neck again. I let out a moan. I’d failed. Jack laughed and continued kissing me. I gave in, I couldn’t be angry with him. Not like this. He kissed my cheek and then the corner of my mouth. I turned and looked up at him. I couldn't help myself. My hands went to his hair and our lips connected. This kiss wasn’t like our usual ones. It was slow and passionate. When I was with Jack it was like everything else around us didn’t matter, it was just the two of us. I wanted Jack so badly.

“Get a room!” Someone yelled from the beach. I flipped whoever it was off. I wrapped my arms around Jack’s neck.

“Guess what” I said.

“What?” He asked.

“I love you.” I smiled.

“I love you too.” He kissed my lips again.

The rest of the day we just hung out on the beach and talked and swam.

“Well, Zack,” Jack started. “You’ve done well.” Jack wrapped an arm around me. “You got the house, the beach and the girl all in one place.”

“Thanks, man.” Zack smiled. “Don’t forget my brothers too.”

“Hey!” Kara said.

“Oh, sorry and my sisters.” I smiled and rested my head on Jack’s chest.

"That's what I thought," Smiled and snuggled into Rian.

“Everyone shut up.” Alex said. “It’s starting.” We all turned and looked over the water as the sun began to set over the ocean.

“It’s beautiful.” I whispered as the purple and orange lights danced over the water.

“Hmm.” Jack sighed. “Almost as beautiful as you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think of the last chapter? Let me know :)

Thank you all so much for reading! You've all been amazing, even you silent readers out there! :)

I uploaded the first chapter of a new story that I'm in the middle of writing, it's another Jack/ATL story if you wanted to check it out, its called Summer Holds Such Wonderful Things :)