Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

026

"Come on!" I whined. "Hurry up!"

"Mph." Rian mumbled rolling over.

"We're gonna be late." I sighed pulling the blankets off of him.

"The flight's not til 12." He groaned.

"Yeah and it's 8."

"Go away." He yelled throwing a pillow at me.

"Fine." I walked out slamming the door behind me.

"Is he up?" Jack asked as I walked down the stairs.

"No."

"Let me try." Kara smiled suggestively.

"Lalalalala." Alex yelled covering his ears.

"You're an idiot." I laughed.

"Well, I don't need to hear it."

"She was just going to wake him up." Jack sighed opening the fridge. He's so naive.

"Juice, please." I smiled sitting at the kitchen counter.

"Anything for you."

"Ugh." Alex groaned sitting down next to me.

"Hey." I laughed punching him. "Don't act like you don't do anything."

"We don't." Jack and I burst out laughing. "Much." He finished.

Jack handed me a juice just as Kara walked back downstairs followed by a very sleepy looking Rian.

"Morning, sunshine." Alex smiled sweetly.

"Dick." Rian mumbled.

"Breakfast is in the microwave." Jack sighed. "You'll have to heat it up."

"Obviously." He said sarcastically turning on the microwave.

"Come on guys. Cheer up." I tried lightening the mood. "We're going to see Zack for the first time in 2 months!" It worked.

"You're right." Kara smiled. "Let's make this an awesome day."

---

Within about three hours we were at the airport and waiting to board the plane. For some reason I was nervous, my palms were sweaty and I was constantly tapping my foot. I hadn't heard from Zack since he left two months ago. He never called when he said he would, I tried calling him but got nothing in reply. I felt like he'd shut me out completely, which is crazy because the Zack I know would never do that. Maybe it was Ebony. Maybe he'd left us for her. I didn't even know her that well and I already didn't like her. This was driving me crazy. I needed to see my brother.

"Zack doesn't know we're coming, right?" Jack asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Right." I said checking my boarding pass once more.

"Okay."

"Good afternoon, passengers. Flight UA703 to Los Angeles, California, please report to Gate B3 for boarding." The woman's voice came over the loud speaker.

"Oh, oh, that's us." Kara giggled getting up. "Come on, guys."

"We're coming." Alex sighed picking up his bag.

We boarded the plane and within about ten minutes we were taking off. It was about a three hour flight to LAX. I couldn't wait. Jack and I were seated next to each other. The hostess was continuously bringing us food and drinks.

After about an hour I had fallen asleep on Jack's shoulder.

"Paige, Paige." Jack shook me awake. "We're here."

"I'm up, I'm up." I sighed grabbing my bag out of the overhead compartment.

We had to weave our way through LAX, making sure we didn't run into anyone or knock any little kids over. The place was packed!

"How are we going to get to Huntington Beach from here?" Rian asked.

"The subway, duh." I said.

"I hate the subway." He wrinkled his nose.

"Too bad."

We caught the train to Huntington Beach and then had to get a taxi to Zack's apartment beach house.

"Woah." Jack sighed giving the place a once over. "He lives on the beach?"

"It's Zack." Alex said. "Of course he lives on the beach."

We made our way up the path and fiddled with the front door. It was unlocked, suprisingly. We snuck inside and dropped our bags in the hall. I climbed up the stairs, everyone following. I checked all the rooms until I found Zack's. Quietly I opened the door. The shower was running in the bathroom and there was someone in Zack's bed.

"Guys?" Zack asked coming out of the bathroom confused. The girl sat up. "Uh, you remember Ebony, right?" He smiled awkwardly.

"We weren't expecting you." She sighed fixing her hair and smiling.

"What?" I asked. I know I shouldn't be mad at Zack. Was I mad or was I jealous? I was so confused.

"Paige." Jack put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I had to find you in the phonebook, Zack." I sighed, hurt. "You didn't call."

"It's only been two months." He said. I could feel everyone's eyes on us.

"Two months too long." I said. "Zack, you're the only real family I've got." I took a step forward. Jack did too.

"But-"

"Don't, Zack." I breathed.

"That's enough!" Rian said stepping forward. The tone in his voice made me flinch back into Jack. I took one last look around the room and then turned and left.

I ran down the stairs making for the front door.

"Paige! Paige, stop!" Jack yelled running after me almost tripping over our bags.

I opened the door and ran onto the porch. Jack reacked me then. He grabbed my arm and spun me around. I had tears running down my face, smudging my makeup. Jack pulled me into hug him. I wrapped my arms around his middle, taking him in. I lost it. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I collapsed in Jack's arms; luckily he was strong enough to hold me. Slowly, he lowered us so we were sitting on the steps.

"Settle down. Come on. What's wrong?" He said.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed. "I'm being childish about all this."

"It's okay." He smiled turning my head to look at him. "Just talk to me. Okay?"

"Okay." I breathed. "Well, I just, I-"

"Paige, breathe." He smiled kissing my lips.

"Okay." I took a deep breath. "Well,"
♠ ♠ ♠
mwahaha! sorry guys! cliffhanger or what.
thank you all so much for reading, this is the second last chapter but what do you think about a new story? it's not exactly new, some of it is pre-written :)