Status: Still Writing :) & Updating whenever I can :D

I Never Thought this Would Happen

Trying to hide my feelings

Sid POV

We just landed; I was on my way to my car, to go to an empty house. Right now, I wish it was like old times; knowing that I would be able to see Skylarr after a long trip. But it wasn’t like that anymore, she just had to move. I was upset when I found out, I know she didn’t really want to go but it was for her job. The guys say that I am jealous right now. I haven’t really ever felt that way in my life, but it seems like I have this fire burning in my body, wanting me to fight for someone that is suppose to be mine. I really can’t believe that she is hanging out with Jonathan right now. Yeah he is a good guy, but she should be with me.

It was the game at home of my NHL career, we were going against the Boston Bruins. Nothing big, I enjoyed playing; I just had to make sure that I score a goal. I was going through my ritual, something I have done since I was 12. I went into the locker room, to do my stretches, expecting to be the only person in the room, when I saw this gorgeous girl. She was young, at least 17. She was small but not to small, just perfect. She had naturally wavy dirty blonde hair with beautiful blue-green eyes. She didn’t wear a lot of make-up; it looked like just mascara, to help make her eyes pop. She was tall for a girl, from what I could see at least 5’7”. I could tell that she wasn’t a puck bunny, she didn’t look fake what so ever. She must have saw me staring because she looked up from messing around with Marc-Andre’s hockey stick. Our eyes locked, but with me not being a ‘ladies man’ or someone who is very confident with the ladies, I quickly looked away trying to hide my blush that was arising upon my cheeks. I sat down and started to do my stretches. Some of the guys came in and Mario sat next to me.

“I see you trying to steal glances at Skylarr over there”

I stay silent trying to not look at both Mario and the girl named Skylarr.

“Well, just to let you know she is a nice girl, I’ve known her since Flower came here, if you want to get to know her you have to at least go and talk to her, instead of stalking her with your eyes.” Mario continued laughing. He got up and started to walk towards Ed Olczyk.

“Wait, are Marc and her…” I questioned trying to not make it obvious.

“I hope not, it would be really weird for them, mostly when they are cousins” Mario said laughing walking away.

I got up and continued with my ritual, with a 5 o’clock PB&J. When I was eating I had to make sure I made my goal tonight to make a goal tonight, for her.

After the game I was so happy, I made my first NHL goal, but I had to keep those feelings inside, mostly when we had lost to the Bruins. I kept looking around the room, the guys looked upset it was a blow out 5-1, and our opener at home made it worst. I noticed that Skylarr was trying to comfort Marc-Andre; in the looks of it they were in a deep conversation. She looked so sweet and innocent. I had to get to know her. Next thing I knew she was sitting next to me.

“Hey, I’m Skylarr, but you can call me Sky” She said putting her hand out for a hand shake.

“I’m Sidney, but you can call me Sid” I said taking her hand.

“Nice to meet you, um, I’m Marc-Andre’s cousin so you will see me around a lot mostly on home games. And I like to get to know a lot of the players.”

“Yeah, can’t wait to get to know you too.” I replied seeing Skylarr blush.

“Hey Skylarr, are you ready?” I saw a blonde haired, ocean blue eyed girl say.

“Yeah, Amanda I’ll be right there. That’s Amanda, Marc-Andre’s girlfriend, so you’ll also see her around too.”

“Can’t wait to meet all of these people”

“I’ll see you around Sidney.” She said standing up. I stood up and she gave me a hug. Her hair smelt like flowers, and her perfume was cotton candy. I could get used to that.

“Yeah, I’ll see you around Skylarr” I said scratching the back of my neck, something I did when I was nervous.

“You’ve got it bad, rookie, you’ve got it bad.” Mario said as we walked out of the dome, to go to his house.


I just got home and I saw a car in my drive way. I parked right next to it seeing that it was just Staalsy’s car. I had forgotten the conversation that we had earlier before we went on talking about how Skylarr and I were doing. He wanted to know if he could stay at my house for the next week; his condo that he bought recently was having water issues. I walked into the house hearing Jordan in the guest room talking on the phone. I didn’t really pay any attention to it; with knowing Jordan for years it was probably his family that he tends to miss from time to time or some girl. I was walking upstairs getting closer to the room and I heard him mention Skylarr. I was too tired to even care, I would just ask his tomorrow. But before I could close my door I could hear Jordan say something about a surprise and he can’t tell anyone on the team. All I wanted was a nice night of sleep, but I knew it wasn’t going to be like last night after sleeping with Skylarr. I had to wake up early to get ready for another game. It was nice having a little vacation in Chicago but now I had to get my head back in the game and not worry about Skylarr.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys. School is starting up in a couple weeks, and practices are getting longer.
Oh & this story got reported on the last chapter. If you have a problem with any of it you can just message me and i'll change whatever it is.
Hope you enjoy this. Comment and tell me what you think