Sequel: Happiness After All
Status: In progress

The Messed up Life of Tori

Seventeen.

"So what exactly happened?" Jessica asked over the phone. 

"I went to his house that night after I saw Sidney was home. I was going to surprise him and I saw only his bedroom light was on so I went upstairs. When I walked in he was laying there with another girl in his arms" Tori sadly explained on the other end of the phone. She barely ever called Jessica. But today she just needed someone to talk to and Brian was on a road trip. She knew he didn't need her stress. And she couldn't tell her dad what happened. He would hate Max for it. 

"So what now? Are you over?" Jessica asked softly, although she knew the answer. 

"Yeah.." Tori sighed sadly. "He came over after I ran out. And we talked about it. We both agreed he wasn't ready for a serious relationship." 

"And how do you feel about this?"

"I'm fine... I really loved him. But he's not ready for commitment. I'll get over it." 

"I know you will. You're strong like that." Jessica said reassuringly. 

After almost an hour of talking, Tori hung up with her sister and started packing. Her season was already over and since her and Max are now over, she had no reason to stay in Pittsburgh. 

**********


"You have to have heart surgery? W-why?" Tori asked, fighting back the waterfall of tears building up in her eyes. 

"Tori, you've known my heart hasn't been what it used to be. They've been wanting to do this for a while now. I'll be fine. I'm going to the best doctor there is." Teppo said softly as he held Tori in his arms while they sat on the couch. 

She sniffled a bit and slowly nodded. "When is it?" she whispered. 

"It's over the summer." he said softly with a nod. 

"I want to be there" she sighed and looked up at him. 

"But you have soccer. I'm not letting you miss it" he whispered and moved some hair out of her face. 

"Dad. I don't care about soccer. I'm going to be with you." Tori firmly argued. 

Teppo sighed and nodded. "It's in Chicago. June twenty-fifth" he said softly. 

Tori nodded and suddenly got up and quickly went upstairs. She grabbed her phone and scrolled through all her contacts until she found her manager, Sadie's, number. 

*********


The Numminen's two car parade arrived in Chicago around five pm June eighth. Teppo led them all inside the house he rented for the summer. 

"Welcome home" he chuckled softly, trying to make light of the situation. All the kids just grumbled and walked inside. They were all exhausted and just wanted their beds. Driving nine hours with two dogs and five kids wasn't exactly "fun". 

They all went upstairs and picked a room before collapsing in bed. Tori groaned when the doorbell rang and Teppo called out for her to get it. 

She whined as the trudged down the stairs and opened the front door. Tori instantly perked up when she saw Brian standing there. She screeched a bit and he quickly hugged her. 

"I missed you so much!" she whispered, fighting back tears. Tori always cried when she was happy. It was embarrassing, but she couldn't help it. 

"I missed you too!" Brian smiled. He buried his face in her neck as he held her in his arms. Teppo stood atop the stairs chuckling as he watched the two best friends reuniting. 

Tori and Brian sat in the living room for hours just catching up with each other. He talked about Chicago and how much he loved the Blackhawks organization and she told him all about her soccer. 

"Are you excited to be playing here?" he asked her. 

"I guess" Tori responded with a shrug. "I just wanted to be with my dad this summer. I knew I had to come here instead" she admitted. 

Brian just nodded. Tori was always doing stuff for her family. She sacrificed so much for them all. The day she found out about Teppo's surgery she called Sasha and requested to be signed in Chicago. Of course, it was a little difficult. But in the end they understood and allowed her to come to Chicago. She signed a one year contract and a weight was lifted off her shoulders. 

Brian and Tori ended up falling asleep on the couch that night. The next morning Tori awoke when she felt Brian moving around. 

"Where are you going?" she mumbled with a whine. 

"I have to go to practice" Brian whispered and kissed her head. 

"But I don't want you to leave" she whined. 

"You can come with me" Brian chuckled. 

"Carry me" she mumbled and reached her arms out. Brian playfully rolled his eyes and scooped her up. He took her upstairs and she quickly got ready before telling her dad. 

Tori walked in behind Brian and he led her back to the locker room. "Want to come in?" he asked curiously. Tori hesitated, but ended up shaking her head. 

"I don't know them" she whispered nervously. 

"That's okay." Brian reassured her. "Ill meet you here after then?" 

Tori smiled and nodded. She kissed his freckled cheek before following his directions to get to the stands. She sat down by herself in the fourth row and looked out to the ice. 

Before she knew it, the players were beginning to file out onto the ice. A smile immediately lit up her face when she saw Brian skate out, his red hair peeping through his helmet. He returned the smile and made faces at her, causing her to giggle. Oh, how she missed that. 

Brian ended up laughing on the ice, causing all the guys to look over curiously. Their eyes followed his and they all looked at Tori. She slumped down in her seat with a small blush when she noticed all the guys staring at her. 

"Dude, who's that?" one of the players asked in awe. 
"Is that your girlfriend?"
"How did you land her?"
"She's hot! Nice job!" 
Brian just laughed and shook his head. 
"Wow..." one of the players whispered so no one could hear him. He looked at her with awe. Her dark brown hair was up in a messy ponytail and she was wearing just a sweatshirt and capri's, but she looked beautiful. 

They all quickly snapped out of their trance when coach blew his whistle. 

Thank goodness Tori thought to herself and quietly sighed with relief when all the players skated away. She couldn't help but notice one of the players peeking over at her throughout the whole practice. She tried to ignore it but she found herself looking at him too with curiosity. 

Practice went on and Brian kept making faces anytime he skated by Tori. She laughed and shook her head at him. Soon it ended and she retraced her steps back to the locker room. Tori waited outside the door and watches as the players started to file out one by one. 

A few walked by and sent her winks or smirks. A few even asked for her number, but she kindly declined. 

Finally, she heard Brian walking out. She could tell it was him by his goony sounding laugh. She instantly perked up as Brian walked over with the guy that kept looking at her. 

"This is Jon" Brian casually introduced as they came over to her. 

"Hi, Jon" Tori said with a shy smile as she slowly stuck her hand out towards him. 

"Hi, Tori" Jon smiled softly and gently took her hand in his. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for bearing with me! Sorry it's been so long since an update. This is the final chapter of this story. The rest will be posted in Happiness After All

Go subscribe to Happiness After All/!