Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Did You Hear All Of It?

I stared at my feet. "I, uhm," I looked at Jawn who was intently waiting for my answer. "I just got here."

"Oh," Jawn's face spelled out relief.

"Were you and Kennedy fighting or," I started.

"No. Uhm," Jawn scratched the back of his head. "It was nothing, just band stuff."

I nodded at his lie, but decided not to let it pass. "Liar."

"What--"

"I heard my name in your so called 'band stuff'-related conversation, okay? Nice try thinking you'd fool me, tho," I patted his shoulder. "Now what was it about?"

"I," He pushed my hand off his shoulder. "Can't tell you."

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms in front of me.

"I can't tell you." He bluntly repeated.

"And why not?"

"As his best friend, I don't have the right to say--"

"And as his girlfriend," I clapped my palm to my mouth. Did I just say that?

Jawn squinted at me. "His what?!"

"His other best friend," I quickly corrected myself while letting my hand fall back to my side. "I think I should know this."

"I'm not telling." Jawn stood up. "Where are the other guys?"

"They went with Pat and Garrett to help load the bus and--" I realized what Jawn was doing and shook my head. "Don't change the topic!"

"Well, I think I'm gonna help them too," Jawn started moving away from me.

I grabbed his shirt and held him. I looked at Jared. "Jaredddd," I complained. "What are they hiding?"

Jared threw his hands up and scurried away. "Leave me out of this!"

After Jared was completely gone, Jawn turned to me. "Find out from Kennedy." He slapped my hand away from his shirt. Then he left.

I sat on the couch.

What could they have been talking about? Let's see.. I heard something about Kennedy doing something, Jawn wanting to stop him from doing that something, and that something had something to do with me getting hurt.

I scoured through my head with possibilities, and a million came up but I couldn't keep track of them.

And my thoughts became more hard to look through to because Kennedy just popped up at the entrance. "Hi," He gently walked over me and had himself seated beside me.

I glanced at him to acknowledge his presence.

"What's my best friend up to?" He tapped my leg.

I shook my head but didn't say anything, not wanting to talk to him after what I just heard.

I mean.. What did Jawn mean that he and I were just gonna end up hurt?

"Hey," He tapped my shoulder. "Hey,"

"What," I asked quietly.

"Jess, what's wrong?" He bent down and looked me in the eye. "Jess, talk to me."

"Nothing, I just.." I let out a sigh.

He positioned himself again on a normal sitting position. He reached over to my cheek and made me look at him again. "Jess."

"Kennedy." I mimicked.

"Jess,"

"I just.."

"Oh." He licked his lips. "You heard me and Jawn talking, didn't you?"

I slowly nodded. "Yeah,"

"Did you hear all of it?"

"No." I answered.

"It was nothing,"

"Of course it was something," I insisted.

"Jess, please, don't think about it. It was nothing."

"I don't think it was nothing. I honestly don't."

"Jess, stop thinking about it. Please. It was nothing. I promise you."

"Kennedy, you can't--"

"Stop it." He covered my mouth with his hand. "You heard Jawn saying I was gonna hurt you, right? I am never gonna hurt you, Jess. As your best friend. I am never going to hurt you. Please, just listen to me. I am promising you that. I won't hurt you. Quit being uneasy. Because what you're being uneasy about is stupid. You have Stephen, and you have me. You're not gonna get hurt. Just sh," He gently took his hand off my mouth. "Sh,"

"Kenn--"

"Sh," Kennedy pulled me up with him taking my hand in his.

I rolled my eyes deciding it was a shit ton easier if I just listened to Kennedy and shut up.

He wasn't making promises he didn't plan on keeping, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
omg heyyy
lame chapter is lame
uhm
to ode to infinity
hi! hahahhahah parrett
uhm lol i'm contemplating hard on where i've heard ode to infinity before........... and i can['t figure it out haha
next chapters miiiiight take a little while
and other bands are gonna be there
yeah
k